Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nazi Bible re-discovered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nazi Bible re-discovered
    Posted: 14-Aug-2006 at 16:58
Originally posted by Komnenos

i'm not really happy with that map, Wrttemberg is officially protestant but the pop. is more like 50-50 catholic-protestant. and i wouldn't say Germany is more Protestant than Catholic. it's always been balanced.
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2006 at 17:35

What an intresting book! Nazis wanted to erase jews from history(like they were never existed)

Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 08:53
I wonder how they tried to solve this task.
 ???
I can't imagine a Bible without the jews.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 11:47
Originally posted by Temujin

Originally posted by Komnenos

i'm not really happy with that map, Wrttemberg is officially protestant but the pop. is more like 50-50 catholic-protestant. and i wouldn't say Germany is more Protestant than Catholic. it's always been balanced.

The map certainly doesn't go into much detail. As it is a map about religions in Europe, it sowewhat simplifies the situation in Germany.

As for the religions in Germany, traditionally the various protestant Churches had always combined more members than the Catholic. Not much, but nevertheless. That has only changed in the last few years. The high number of "Kirchenaustritte" (leaving the church)  in the last few decades has hit the Protestant churches to a far greater extent. Now that only just about 75% of all Germans declare that they belong to a Christian Church, it's about half and half.

Edited by Komnenos - 15-Aug-2006 at 11:50
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12