Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What type of warrior would you like to be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What type of warrior would you like to be?
    Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 09:16
I would like to be an infantry captain of a Scottish, Scandanavian, or English army. Or I would like to have been at the head of some kind of Tabor, either Hussite or Cossack. It would be cool to fire one of those primitive "pipe guns" with the Hussites and use a mace to devastate enemies, or be a great cossack fighter. It would also be cool to use a two-handed claymore, or a cool Scandanavian axe, or a good English pole-arm.

Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 12:45

I would like to be (for a week) the commander of an Illyrian pirate ship, Libournia. They were some of the most skilled sailors in the mediterranean, with very fast vessels. They were known as dangerous pirates by the greeks and the romans.

I wouldnt dislike to be one of the Stradiotes, the albanian mercenary chevalry in the medieval times, they fought for the catalans in greece (they gained some land and lived there, now known as arvanites). They fought also for the neapolitans in calabria and sicily, where they also settled. This mercenary chevalry was known for the bravery of its men, skilled swordmen on fast horses. The problem was that they were not very disciplined...

But I could be also a Kaak, or a Komit, albanian outlaw fighters during the ottoman era, who gathered in small groups and rebelled to the ottoman empire. They were similar to the clephts of greece, some kind of robin hoods. They used rifles and swords, and they robbed the carvans of the merchants.

Prej heshtjes...!
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 17:32
I would be the quiet, reserved blacksmith/maltster who fights only when he absolutely must. But when the need  arises, reaps bloody havoc on the battlefield.

You know, not much different then today Big smile
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 19:45
I would like to be the warrior that throws penguins at their foes
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 19:57

SEGA green soldier warrior, where I am given 9 chances to be hit fatally and not die yet or drop on the floor LOL

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 20:31
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Or would you use the penguin's bladder to spray the enemy?LOL

Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2006 at 20:51
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Or would you use the penguin's bladder to spray the enemy?

Whatever is more natural
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2006 at 22:08
Even better, you can cut it's bladder open and use it to feed your own army for weeks.LOL

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2006 at 02:55
A knight who defends the helpless and fights for a cause bigger than his own. You gotta love chivalry and selflessness
Peter III View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Peter III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2006 at 15:02

Samurai, for sure.

Croppy Boy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Croppy Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 20:27
A Gallowglass with a claymore, a chain shirt with underpadding, an iron helmet and a couple of javelins. A nice balance between power and mobility IMO and Irish to boot. I'd probably be in the paid service of a 14th century Irish noble in Leinster, helping to keep the Anglo-Normans inside the pale and protecting my lord's lands.

What I wouldn't want to be is a poor Croppy Boy on Vinegar Hill during the 1798 rebellion fighting off British Artillery, dragoons and regulars with a pike... That wouldn't do at all.

Edited by Croppy Boy - 16-Aug-2006 at 20:31
All along that singing river that black mass of men was seen
High above their shining weapons flew their own beloved green
Death to every foe and traitor! Whistle out the marching tune!
Timotheus View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Timotheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 21:39
Without a doubt I'd love to have served with Zizka.
nezahualcoyotl View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nezahualcoyotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 10:19

Are you serious? Would you like to spend some time woking for the holy inquisition?

Timotheus View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Timotheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 21:36
No, I don't work with the perverters of the True Faith Tongue

Edited by Timotheus - 19-Aug-2006 at 21:37
BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 21:41
-This may seem sort of cliche, but I would love to have been a Sparten warrior. Great training and high status........being a warrior was really the only true occupation in Sparta.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 08:54
Originally posted by Timotheus

You know that in a letter, Joan of Arc said that she would march into Bohemia and take out the Hussites after the English War.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 11:29
Id like to be a knight fighting Muslims, Id carry a mace an a longsword.

I wouldnt be a chivalrous knight, id be evil.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 13:38
A german landsknecht, or whatever they were called these german foot mercenary warriors, that carried the 1,80 m long swords.
Burning villages, looting fortunes, raping young blond european girls.
Ah, I would prefer to die in battle at my '30s.
Seriously, for a year or so, I would like to be able to go back to the 15th -16th century and become ruthless mercenary. Then I would like to come back to today, and live my life as a boring person.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Timotheus View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Timotheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 22:02
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Originally posted by Timotheus

You know that in a letter, Joan of Arc said that she would march into Bohemia and take out the Hussites after the English War.

Yes, I do know that...though the authenticity of the letter is disputed. It might have been a fake cooked up by Sigismund to scare the Hussites.LOL
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 06:37

Hi all,

I've been lurking for the past 2 days and decided that this might be a fun thread to start posting on.

If I could choose, I would have loved to be a German knight of noble birth in the 15th century. You had good weapons, great gothic-style armour and if things went bad in the battle, chances are you'd come off pretty good as you'd most likely be ransommed.

(PS. Gotta love that gothic armourBig smile)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>