Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHistorical maps of Macedonia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VMRO-1903 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Historical maps of Macedonia
    Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 16:58

A map from Alexander's time.

A map from Samuil's time.

A map of United Macedonia in its historical and cultural borders.

A map of today's Macedonia :)

Greetings.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 17:06
Your 3nd map is a known FYROMian propagndistic map.Actually your sources  are known nationalistic web sites.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 17:21
Nice electronical map from the wikipedia. Show clearly the ancient place names of the Macedonian Kingdom.
You can read the

Thessalonike
Pella
Edessa
Veroia
Heraklia

Historical Borders according Ptolemy geogrpaphy.

A map of Greece , dated in  1729 and include the known historical region as is the Macedonia  

Edited by akritas - 01-Aug-2006 at 17:25
VMRO-1903 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 17:26
I would say your maps are nationalistic and chauvinistic.
And my 3nd (thind? or you meant 3RD) is right on place. Thats the real MK of today's
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 17:33
Originally posted by VMRO-1903

I would say your maps are nationalistic and chauvinistic.
My maps are according Ptolemay and Strabo.
Are you rejected them ? or both of them were "nationalistics and chauvinistics"?.

And my 3nd (thind? or you meant 3RD) is right on place. Thats the real MK of today's
Is there any historical  text that proove your claim ?because your map has also the regions that is not included in Macedonia such as South Dardania

BTW Samuil was Bulgarian.

Edited by akritas - 01-Aug-2006 at 17:47
VMRO-1903 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 17:54
No, Samuil was Macedonian
My maps are historic ones too.
(the 3rd one, i believe, was being made since the late 19th century, when the VMRO organization was formed)

Edited by VMRO-1903 - 01-Aug-2006 at 19:12
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 04:24
Of course he is, and so are Caesar, Genghis Khan and George W. Bush! LOL
Now, really - Samuil was most probably indeed Macedonian. I mean that he was probably born in the region of Macedonia, so by region he was Macedonian, just as everyone now born in Plovdiv f.e. are Thracians and those in Vidin - Moesians. But by ethnicity all those three would usually be Bulgarians. And about Samuil it's more than clear that by ethnicity he was a Bulgarian king (with eventual Armenian ancestry from maternal side) and nowhere in the world-acknowledged history there's any other option!
I just can't stop wonder how some Maks try to show themselves in international history forums - don't they know that their "history" is accepted only in their own country and some things - not even there (afaik, oficially Alexander has nothing to do with today's Slavic Macedonians)! Well, at least they could give some materials for the Historical Amusement section (or, hopefully, some of them would show some real minds). Oh, and maybe we could see even more falsificates... LOL
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 04:40
Originally posted by NikeBG

I just can't stop wonder how some Maks try to show themselves in international history forums - don't they know that their "history" is accepted only in their own country and some things - not even there (afaik, oficially Alexander has nothing to do with today's Slavic Macedonians)! Well, at least they could give some materials for the Historical Amusement section (or, hopefully, some of them would show some real minds). Oh, and maybe we could see even more falsificates...

NikeBG,

I Agree with you 100%! One is always having to explain to one's Australian Freinds, who don't know, that Alexander the Great has absolutely nothing to do with the Modern Macedonia! I am really getting Bored with it as well!

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 13:38

(the 3rd one, i believe, was being made since the late 19th century, when the VMRO organization was formed)
In what source(s) VMRO depended in order to created your known map ?

No, Samuil was Macedonian
When you said Macedonian propably you mean Slavonic origin , because you rejected the Bulgarian as also of course and the Greek  regarding the Macedonians origins

Edited by akritas - 02-Aug-2006 at 13:38
Greek Hoplite View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 14:34
Stop your propaganda friends from Scopje, it is good for you to have goodrelations with Greece because Albanians will take the half of your country in some years as it seems , so i have a solution for you.Tell your goverment to become a part of Greece  because Macedonians are Greeks such as Peloponnisians,Epirotes,Thracians,Thessalians etc.Evil Smile

Edited by Greek Hoplite - 02-Aug-2006 at 14:35
My blog
http://mankap.blogspot.com/
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 15:22
Originally posted by Greek Hoplite

Tell your goverment to become a part of Greece  because Macedonians are Greeks such as Peloponnisians,Epirotes,Thracians,Thessalians etc.Evil Smile

What a total barage of garbage. Macedonians are not and have never been Greek.

Regarding the claims that modern Macedonians are related to ancient Macedonians, I am willing to give them as much credit as to the claims that Bulgarians are related to the Thracians. It is my belief that Slavic Macedonians have been influenced and carry many of the features of Ancient Macedonians.

And finally regarding the dispute whether Samuil was a Macedonian or a Bulgarian, clearly he was a Bulgarian, as there is solid and undeniable evidence that he referred to himself as a king of Bulgaria. But one should not confuse the concept of medieval "Bulgaria" as an all-encompassing mutliethnic empire, and the concept of modern "Bulgaria" today as a narrow nation-state. As modern Bulgarians and modern Macedonians have both decended from the the people withing the Bulgarian empire, both can equally lay claims to Samuil, because he is part of the shared history of both Bulgarian and Macedonia.
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 15:30
Originally posted by Greek Hoplite

Stop your propaganda friends from Scopje, it is good for you to have goodrelations with Greece because Albanians will take the half of your country in some years as it seems , so i have a solution for you.Tell your goverment to become a part of Greece  because Macedonians are Greeks such as Peloponnisians,Epirotes,Thracians,Thessalians etc.Evil Smile

This is a ridiculous invitation. If the slavic macedonians say they are a different nation, ok then let them be. I dont understand why some people should fight for some maps, which are not very accurate, and not very reliable, as well as anachronical. Now, the ancient macedonia was not slavic. In some of this maps of macedonia sometimes is included a part of illyria or dardania, but I am not that stupid to complain about this. It just means that in that time the region was conquered, or the cartographer had a different point of view. Many people used the term macedonia  as a geographical term, and that means that in the region lived many tirbes, some greek, some illyrian, some thracian, and some macedonian, if the former ever were a different ethnic group.
But the claim that todays macedonians are greek or something is strange ConfusedConfused. And the albanians are not going to take parts of the territory of FYRoMacedonia. They are citizens of that state, and you should accept this. They dont eat people, and they dont eat land. Greek Hoplite (which has nothing to do with hope light), your statement regarding the albanians sounds really racist. How do you know that albanians represent a thread, or a danger for the slavomacedonians?
Your post expresses racist beliefs philosophy even regarding other nationalities.
1st-the slavic macedonians cannot be referred as "friend from skopje" but slavic macedonians (not bulgarians, greek etc). They call their ethnicity macedonian, and the world should call them like that.And you dont have any right to tell them stop their propaganda, while yourself you are propagandising others.
2-nd the epirotes are not greek (not all of them). Actually there are almost no regions in the balkans with a pure ethnic composition, but in epirus case the hetherogenity is even more comprehensible, being a border zone (culturally and politically for many millenia) between albania and greece.

My advice

Calm down, and start reading other countries history, cause when you read only your national history you are something not near to "informed"
Prej heshtjes...!
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 16:10
Originally posted by bg_turk

[
What a total barage of garbage. Macedonians are not and have never been Greek.

Garbage are  your comments .I am Macedonian bg_turk and I am very proud of this as all the Greek origin Macedonians

Edited by akritas - 02-Aug-2006 at 16:10
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 17:14
First, ancient Macedons might have been Hellenistic or Hellenic. But today's Macedonians (as in the majority of them) have nothing to do with today's Greeks, unless the Greeks have actually became Slavs, as modern Macedonians are!
Second, everybody can call himself whatever he likes. IIRC, there were around 7000 people, who claimed to be Jedis in Australia several years ago. And they officially claimed so at the census and now they're officially Jedis. But, of course, does that mean that we should take them for Jedis just because they say so? If somebody claims to be something, which isn't new, already exists and has traditions - then he must prove he is so! Otherwise I could call myself son of Caesar and Cleopatra and nobody could deny this, right?

Anyway, as far as I remember, the threads about Macedonia are forbidden on this forum, because they trigger a lot of flame-wars, and this thread is starting to become one! Alas, we're not mature enough to argue about such a heated topic without getting "too hot"...
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 17:24
Originally posted by NikeBG

First, ancient Macedons might have been Hellenistic or Hellenic. But today's Macedonians (as in the majority of them) have nothing to do with today's Greeks, unless the Greeks have actually became Slavs, as modern Macedonians are!
Since when you decide that the today  Macedonians are only the Slavonic  origin and reject the Greek ones ? So stop to insult my national heritage beacause I can to doing also with the same manner very easyli.
The self determination is free but when this effect the national character of a nation was, is and will be unallowable pretension.

Edited by akritas - 02-Aug-2006 at 17:27
 Post Reply Post Reply