Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It is time to fight against Americans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It is time to fight against Americans
    Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 17:37
Man, just upset because its "Arab" Gulf and not Persian? Its just a Gulf.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
AssyrianGuy7 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AssyrianGuy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 17:41

Cyrus do you hate the americans only because of the name of a body of water

"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
(Isaiah 19:23-25)
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 18:48
I don't think so. He used to support a US invasion in Iran but he's not replying to this topic so I dont' know what he's thinking right now.
"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:15

besidies, i thought iran was a poor country.

i checked out some police cars used around the world. they use new mercedes e class and c class as their police cars. how come?

although in hk, we use mercedes and bmw also to be police cars and bikes

i've always been taught that iran is poor and is running a dictatorship... what can explain that?

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 02:49
Mercedes police cars are a fairly sound investment apparently, you get good milage out of them, and a good deal on maintanience for bulk buying. Dito for busses.
Arrrgh!!"
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 03:48
I bet you some Arab sheik will next pay National Geographic to change the name of "The Gulf of Mexico" to  "The other Arab Gulf". Who says  money can't buy everything
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 05:46
The truth is that U.S must  have a defeat so the U.S goverments put some mind on their heads.  
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 07:07

Why you can't understand that they have insulted our culture, civilization and identity?

Info about Arabian Gulf: http://arabian-gulf.info 

It is really interesting that in this situation what our Mullahs are doing: http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_4699.shtml 

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 08:33
I fully understand, I wouldn't accept it either if the name of Dutch Harbor, Alaska would be changed. 
Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 09:24

National Geographic is just one magazine and I would have thought they would have known better than to make that glaring error.

I think its most unfair to blame all Americans for the mistake of one magazine.

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Rava View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Rava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 09:31

English Channel/ La Manche has two names as well...

Fortunately in Poland Persian Gulf is in use. Otherwise another Darius expedition would be on schedule against us. In case of conflict please have on mind that we (Poles) are probably the ScythoSarmatians. 

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 10:36
National Geographic is just one magazine and I would have thought they would have known better than to make that glaring error.

I think its most unfair to blame all Americans for the mistake of one magazine.

It is obvious that it is a political action, Americans have captured an arabic country and they need the support of Arabs for controling it and on the other hand Iran has become their new enemy.

During 8 years war between Iran and Iraq, there was a motto for instigating Iranians to fight against Iraqis who were supported by Arabic countries and many other countries that "If Iraqis conquer Iran then the Persian Gulf will be changed to Arabian gulf forever!"

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 11:29

Fortunately in Poland Persian Gulf is in use. Otherwise another Darius expedition would be on schedule against us. In case of conflict please have on mind that we (Poles) are probably the ScythoSarmatians.

Do you know approximately how many percent of Poles believe that they have a Scythian or Sarmation origin?

Rava View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Rava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 12:49

That's the problem Cyrus... Yet, 200 years ago the whole noble class "szlachta" belived in Sarmatian origin. About 30% of the nation. Sarmatian is an umbrella word but then they didn't know what we have learned now about say, Aorsi, Alans, Antes or Chionites. Personaly I would search Poles' ancestors among Chionites or Aorsi.

Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 13:52
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It is obvious that it is a political action, Americans have captured an arabic country and they need the support of Arabs for controling it and on the other hand Iran has become their new enemy.
No offense, but is it really a political action, or is that the light in which you wish it to be portrayed as? The original article that you posted stated that:
But the National Geographic Society's mapmakers noticed that some U.S. military agencies and other map gazers use the name "Arabian Gulf" for the body of water on Iran's southwestern shore.

So they altered the 8th Edition of the society's influential Atlas of the World to include Arabian Gulf as an alternate name (in parentheses) under the traditional title.

Now, while I haven't seen the 8th Edition of the Atlas of the World myself, from that paragraph I understand that they included Arabian Gulf as an alternate name; in other words if it were mentioned as the Arabian Gulf, and someone didn't know what it was, and they just so happened to have that edition, they could find out that they were actually talking about the Persian Gulf, and there's a good possibility in that situation that they would correct them. They're weren't trying to replace the name of a body of water that has existed in that form for so long, just trying to put down that to some, this is what it is otherwise known as. I seriously doubt that it is a political action, or that it was an intentional insult upon your culture, civilization, or identity.

Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 16:48

why don't they call it the middle eastern gulf and make everybody happy...it does touch just as much of Arabia as Persia

by the way, the gulf of mexico should be renamed the gulf of america, because the most powerful country in the world needs a gulf named after  it  

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 21:37
I really think you're overreacting Cyrus.  That small group of people made the stupid mistake of misnaming something in the interest of political correctness, but the vast majority of Americans know that it is the Persian Gulf.
Member of IAEA
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 21:38
Well I've head Pakistani Gulf, but I just don'y know.

Edited by Christscrusader
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 23:37

Do not underestimate the sorrows of Iran Iraq war of 1980-88. I talked to my Persian classmate today and she's rather bitter about the conflict. She's also rather sad that Muslims are still killing each other.

I have to say that I do not know enough of the Iranian situation, but it is insulting that the western media is again pitting the Arabs and Iranians against each other again. I hope that both will not fall into the trap.

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 19:26
so what, call it the Sumerian Gulf or soemthing, god this isnt even an issue of importance!  If someone changed the name of my home state to Quakeristan I honeslty wouldnt care.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>