Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish Soldiers Invade Northern Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish Soldiers Invade Northern Iraq
    Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 23:53
Turkish soldiers entered two kilometers into Northern Iraq on Wednesday. Passing the Iraqi border the Turkish military advanced into the Dohuk region, where in the opinion of the Turkish command the Kurdish Workers Party (PKK) is headquartered. Meanwhile, Turkish artillery troops bombed camps near Zaho, Cihan News Agency reports referring to the Voice of Iraqi Radio.

It is also reported that a division of the Turkish military entered the Kveste village region in Ahmediye in order to conduct an operation against the terror organization PKK.

http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=18977
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 00:33
poor Kurds. They're screwed whatever happens.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 03:48
Most excellent, the country should have been divided anyway.  This way GWB's idiotic insistence on holding a fake country together will be underminded.

Edited by Tobodai - 30-Jul-2006 at 03:48
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 04:16
its apperantly over already and it was like only 200 soldiers. false alarm, (appearently bush rang erdogan).

"Some 200 Turkish soldiers accompanied by village guards crossed the border into northern Iraq in a military operation against Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militants, an Iraqi Kurdish media source reported on Thursday.

Peyamner news agency, quoted Fahmi Sofi, an official with the Iraqi Kurdistan Democratic Party, as stating that Turkish soldiers penetrated into the Hork area near the border village of Kesta in Dahuk.

"At 3 p.m. on Wednesday we were informed that about 200 Turkish soldiers and some village rangers encroached 2 kilometers inside the border. Several hours later, they withdrew to the Turkish border," he said without giving further detail.

Witnesses told the news agency that Turkish artillery last night shelled the areas of Kely, Senat, Zaweta, Kely Besagha, Kloc and Alansh in Zakho.

Turkish officials on Friday declined to comment on the incident but one told The New Anatolian that nothing extraordinary had occurred on the Iraq border and that the incident could have been a regular "hot pursuit" operation.

Turkey has had around 1,000 Special Forces in northern Iraq near the border monitoring the area since the mid-1990s to curb infiltration into Turkey by PKK militants. Turkish security forces have regularly carried out hot pursuit operations against PKK militants in the border area."link

Edited by Leonidas - 30-Jul-2006 at 04:19
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 05:52
Plus I dont know, It is "invade to northern iraq". It is invade to PKK. Turks entered north iraq before, and no kurd(maybe one or two with mistake) harmed except pkk terrorist.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 05:54
USA wont let them enter. What I'm afraid of is the day USA will let them in...
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 05:56
Well Mortaza, it's like saying Israel did not invade Lebanon, it invaded Hezbollah? It does not make any sense.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:02
As Murtaza said, it is not "invasion", some small operations against PKK.

Cent, be calm, Turkey is not Israel.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:06
Well Mortaza, it's like saying Israel did not invade Lebanon, it invaded Hezbollah? It does not make any sense.

Totally wrong comperation, Turkey did not attacked civilians, bridges, ext. As I said before, Turkey entered north iraq, and no civilian death happened. Israel is attacking everything except hezbollah. She even attacked lebanon army and UN. Turkey never did this.

You are creating a ghost, and afraiding from it.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:08
No, what I meant was that you can't call PKK a geographical region. The region PKK is hiding is in North Iraq. Hence "invading North iraq".

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:10
How do you know they'll not hit and kill civilians? Or bridges and buildings?

Everything can happen. And one thing is for sure, the kurdish civilians will be the losers - like the lebanese population.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:12
No, what I meant was that you can't call PKK a geographical region. The region PKK is hiding is in North Iraq. Hence "invading North iraq".

Do you think If we arrest someone at north iraq, It would mean we arrested north iraq?

We are attacking some criminals at north iraq. It is not our guilt, that criminals live there, but guilt of kurdish authorities. If they dont do their responsibility, other will do.

And If we goes with your mentality, It is north iraq who attack turkey. Wink
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:16
How do you know they'll not hit and kill civilians? Or bridges and buildings?

Everything can happen. And one thing is for sure, the kurdish civilians will be the losers - like the lebanese population

Sorry but now terrorist at north iraq is killing civilians in Turkey.

So It is reality some civilians at Turkey killed.(Not some possibility or guess)

This is not first time Turkey entered iraq, did you heard much civilian loss because of Turkey?

wanna give us some example?  can you show me that Turkey attacked hospital, civilian houses ext? Or should we continue to talk ghost you created.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:18
What are you talking about dear Mortaza? :)

Still, you refere it as "Turkish soldiers invade Northern Iraq".
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:19
Dude, I asked you a question. I didn't say they've killed civilians in Northern Iraq...
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:21

"Sorry but now terrorist at north iraq is killing civilians in Turkey."

Yeah, exactly. That doesn't legitimate an attack on an other country.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:36
Dude, I asked you a question. I didn't say they've killed civilians in Northern Iraq...
So why do you think Turkey would kill civilians?
Yeah, exactly. That doesn't legitimate an attack on an other country

So what should we do? just watch when our people killed?

can you tell me why this country give permission this criminals live at their land?

can we say, Kurdish authorities support terrorism at Turkey?

dont you think, we have more question than you? you are talking about possibility of civilian death, I am talking about real civilian death.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:37
You would have a point Cent if Turkey was levelling Suleymanie, but they are not.

If Israel only bombed Hezbollah, I would have no problem with it, it is their right in retaliation, but fact is that they are putting the lives of millions in danger, Turkey and Iran do no such thing when they attack rebel camps in Iraq.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:45
Zagros, what if they go futher? What if they start hitting civilians?

The invasion has not started. If it does they will invade and kill everything suspicious.

Why Suleymanie? Why not a villiage which Iran and Turkey will claim "it was a rebel camp"?

We all know how it'll work.

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 06:47
Of course Kurds will help eachother Mortaza. Like Turkey is helping Turkmens in Iraq...
A terrorist in your eyes maybe a hero in mine.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>