Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bravest people that are not your people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bravest people that are not your people
    Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 12:06
the bravest people i ever met ,were my brothers and my sister, who had to taste my mother's lunch nearly every day, when we were young....may be that was the reason , my elder brother decided to become a chef...

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 20-Aug-2006 at 13:07

John Lenon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote John Lenon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 09:43
Spartans Cool
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 16:17
Originally posted by Digvijay

In his Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan James Tod wrote:

"What nation on earth could have maintained the semblance of civilization, the spirit or the customs of their forefathers, during so many centuries of overwhelming depression, but one of such singular character as the Rajpoot? . . . Rajasthan exhibits the sole example in the history of mankind, of a people withstanding every outrage barbarity could inflict, or human nature sustain, from a foe whose religion commands annihilation; and bent to the earth, yet rising buoyant from the pressure, and making calamity a whetstone to courage. . . . Not an iota of their religion or customs have they lost. . . ".
      To see the exploits of rajputs please see here:
                      http://hindurajput.blogspot.com/#Rajputs_and_Invasions_of_India

Also rajputs could not be captured alive if a battle outcome was against them. Rajput women self immolated themselves and men died fighting then be captured:

http://hindurajput.blogspot.com/#Character

-Digs

An exerpt from a piece of contemporary biased propaganda does not a brave people make...
The Anglo-Saxons also claimed to die rather than lose, but run they did, when they needed to. You will need better proof than this nationalistic sh*t.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2012 at 19:54
The Irish as they, like the Poles, endured centuries of oppression but never lost their identity. Another great thing about the Irish is they share our love of strong drinkLOL
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123