Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total Quiz XII - Thank you for playing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Quiz XII - Thank you for playing!
    Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 09:22
Well, but she didn't have a competition for which woman could bear out more men...
violentjack View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 09:24
This curse wont do , sorry for those who asked quetion

England in 1931 wasnt at war, but it would be soon, 9 years later
Soviet Union already waged war.Why this and not that?

Curse of Tutan-hka-mon is rather more realiable curse then Timurlane

So this was puzzle i answered good, if you think that Soviet Union war started in 1941 June 22  with Barbarossa you are mistaken.Soviet Union waged war before that period.
Bosnjaci,probudite se ili nestanite
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 09:31
Lavish parties, would imply orgies or they just ate grapes?

It said she had lavish parties?

Parties in Rome, that were Lavish were orgies, or perhaps Gladiator fighting

1)Third marriage
2)Husband killed her
3)Lavish party
4)Used second marriage to gain throne, as she did To third
5)Gave birth to Emperor child
6)30 years younger then him

Wink-Wink-Wink out of 6 i got all the clues?

Sorry this was puzzle and even though i didnt get the right name, i would want, and no insult 1/2 points for that

Same with Curse of Tutan-khamom

Operation Barbarossa started in June 22 1941

It was supposed to be started in March 1941
But difficulties in Yugoslavia from 6 April 1941, made slight Changes of Hitler plans

War with Finland was in 1940
Finish war, where people died

If author implies that war started in 1941 with Soviet Union, he is mistaken

Am i now gonna get banned, for speaking truth, or be rewarded as i should adlist point, or maybe more

Those two questions deserve 1/2 points each adlist

This was puzzle and i solved that

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 09:47
Congratulations to everyone, especially TJK, who really gave me a heck of a run. It was fun....

As for that pro-league, maybe we could have a second stage of the quiz, with only the top 5 people or so allowed to compete.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 10:21
Better idea, Decebal. Then someone would see true competition... ofcourse if all questions would be made by Poirot and you and Dawn and TJK in the top then it would be truly interesting.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 10:24
Originally posted by violentjack

Lavish parties, would imply orgies or they just ate grapes?

It said she had lavish parties?

Parties in Rome, that were Lavish were orgies, or perhaps Gladiator fighting

1)Third marriage
2)Husband killed her
3)Lavish party
4)Used second marriage to gain throne, as she did To third
5)Gave birth to Emperor child
6)30 years younger then him

Wink-Wink-Wink out of 6 i got all the clues?

These are not puzzles but simple questions: the question was:

I am the third wife of a Roman emperor, who was more than 30 years my senior. Legend has it I once challenged a famous Roman prostitute to a competition: to see who would wear out more men. I was executed by my husband, the emperor, when he was convinced that I plotted to overthrow him with my lover. Who am I?

The husband did not kill her, he had her killed. It is not said that she gave birth to the child of the Emperor. And you have nothing about prostitutes, so you are wrong!!!!!!!

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 11:02
I protest . A quizz with only questions made by poirot would be a nightmare. I would be searching in circles for hours with no idea of where to find the correct answer. Wacko 

Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 11:02
I said question from 14 around  10 were puzzles

I solved all of those

Had her or killed her, how do you know?
Were you alive then?
Im being robed here, as i think all clues match

Same with curse of Timurlenk

Author of this site that asked that question should have learned a few about Finish wars of 1940 before he put that question

If i knew puzzle were allowed, i would ask such a question, you wouldnt guess in million years.I see im being treated badly, so i will leave

Edited by violentjack - 30-Jul-2006 at 11:04
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 11:09
It was told in the question that the Emperor had her executed. That means he didn't kill her himself. Do you really think the Emperor kills anyone?

Dawn: That is actually the plotline for the next TQ, Poirot posts twelve questions about everything (that makes us search for weeks, not hours) and I post four extremely difficult questions about Estonian history (which can't be answered because there are no replies for such in the internet) and Poirot wins. Easy.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 12:22
Originally posted by Decebal

As for that pro-league, maybe we could have a second stage of the quiz, with only the top 5 people or so allowed to compete.

We could have a second stage, with only the top 5 forbidden from competing.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 15:10
Ahhh make it a round robin affair might be fun.   Paul are you by chance  carlos alter ego?

Rider: you are an evil man Confused

Edited by Dawn - 30-Jul-2006 at 15:12
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 16:13
Dawn: That is actually the plotline for the next TQ, Poirot posts twelve questions about everything (that makes us search for weeks, not hours) and I post four extremely difficult questions about Estonian history (which can't be answered because there are no replies for such in the internet) and Poirot wins. Easy.
It seems I should add to my bookshelf some books like that:

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 21:18
Total Quiz XII Awards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderator's Awards

The new player award goes to...

Emperor Barbarossa
for outstanding performance as a first-time participant

The award for the "best answer" goes to to...

Yan
For his answer to question 16: "I. The Black Knight II. King Artus (source: Monty Python and the Holy Grail)"

The Question Writer's award goes to...

Decebal
For Question 12, which displayed both challenge and intrigue.

Total Quiz XII Main Award

The Winner of Total Quiz XII, for having the most points goes to...

Decebal
Congratulations!

For winning the Total Quiz, Decebal has been given an image to display in his signature.

Congratulations to all winners and I hope you enjoyoed the Total Quiz!

Acknowledgments
In addition, I would like to thank assistant moderators Dawn and Poirot for their assistance in operating this quiz and in question writing.

It's actually been over one year since I've been moderator for the TQ, so I'm actually looking to step out for the next one. I am not sure who will take over as of now. Poirot said that he was interested but communication has been slow since he's busy in India at the moment. Most likely, they'll also be an assistant role (like Dawn's for this quiz and Poirot's for the previous) to help score the quiz and write questions. If you're interested, let me know through PM. (Priority will be given to veteran participants and strong question writers). I'll also be writing a new software script for the TQ that will be much more flexible and easy to use for the new moderators who will take over.

There were some questions regarding a few questions written by Poirot. I will have to wait until he gets back (which I'm sure he will tomrrow) in order to re-evaluate some of the scores.

Finally, I think this was a fun TQ and I'm glad we had a lot of participants this time. Thank you all for playing! We will have another in three months, so please check back!

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 30-Jul-2006 at 22:33
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 08:02
Originally posted by TJK

[QUOTE=rider]
It seems I should add to my bookshelf some books like that:

Historia Estonii? It says two numbers that I could understand 1987-1991. So is this only about that period?

Great reading anyways. So it wouldn't be bad... to add.

Edited by rider - 31-Jul-2006 at 08:04
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 09:59
Some Roman emperors were killers off and on the field.

So, how should i know
I would wanted adlist 3/4 points more to 4/3/4 , because i think, its not about me being first since i cant, i deserved adlist bit more points, on grant
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 10:32
Originally posted by violentjack

Operation Barbarossa started in June 22 1941

It was supposed to be started in March 1941
But difficulties in Yugoslavia from 6 April 1941, made slight Changes of Hitler plans

War with Finland was in 1940
Finish war, where people died

If author implies that war started in 1941 with Soviet Union, he is mistaken

Am i now gonna get banned, for speaking truth, or be rewarded as i should adlist point, or maybe more

Those two questions deserve 1/2 points each adlist

This was puzzle and i solved that

No, the author says that a great calamity threatened those who opened the tomb. Was the Soviet Union attacking Finland a great catastrophe for the Soviets? Was any of the earlier war a calamity for the Soviets? No, the only great calamity for the Soviets was Nazi Germany attacking them, not the start of the war itself.

As for Tutankhamen's curse, the question says explicitly that the curse befell the nation, and not simply the people who opened the tomb. Was Britain in danger from a calamity as a result of "King Tut's curse"?

And no, you're not going to "get banned for speaking truth"; but maybe you should consider that it is you who read the question wrong.

Edited by Decebal - 31-Jul-2006 at 11:22
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 11:02
"The new player award goes to...

Emperor Barbarossa
for outstanding performance as a first-time participant"

I did not expect to be anywhere near the top 10 in my first quiz. I guess I got lucky.LOL

Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 18:41
And Poppaea isnt worthy adlist 1/2 points here is why

Just name you 5 good reasons why i deserve 1/2 points

1) Used second marriage to gain power into third marriage
2)Was 30 years younger then her third husband emperor
3)Gave birth to his child
4)Was executed by her husband
5)Had lavish parties, which could mean, they watched cartoon network, or i dont know what lavish parties were then

All clues and i researched wikipedia, and many sources point to her
Its not my bad, some other woman used to do same things, and had same ammount of marriages, was 30 years younger then emperor

i think i adlist deserve 4/1/2 points and not 4

Edited by violentjack - 31-Jul-2006 at 18:44
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 20:48
Poppaea isn't correct because she was the second wife of Nero, not the third, and was only 7 years younger than Nero.

Also, partial points are only given if the answer given is only one part of a multi-part answer. Partial points cannot be given if the answer is correct to some part of the clue but not to another. For example, if the answer requires both "Jefferson" and "Adams" and you only give "Jefferson," then .5 points will be given. But if the question has 5 clues and you find an answer that fits 4 of the clues but is incorrect for the remaining 1, the answer cannot be considered correct and partial points cannot be given.

I hope that's clear, and I'm sorry for any misunderstandings you might have had.
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2006 at 01:16
Please submit any questions about my questions to me for extra evaluation.

Anyways, a great TQ!  Congratulations to Decebal and TJK on a superb performance, again!  Congratulations to Barbarossa (Hint: one of the answers to the questions is the nickname of a fellow AE member) for a job well done.  And last, congratulations to Imperator Invictus and Dawn for excellent moderating work!
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234