Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do christian turks exists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
The pathan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The pathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do christian turks exists
    Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 05:17

Is there any clan  of turks who practice christainity as turkistan and turkey both are muslim

Urungu Han View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Urungu Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 05:24
There are 17 Turkish republic,most of them are mslim including Turkey and Trkistan.
Europe Huns accepted christainity,and gagavuz Turks(today they live in gagavuz m.c.)

Edited by Urungu Han - 21-Jul-2006 at 05:24
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 06:56
yeh gagavuz a pretty much the only one's you could count the bulgars. But most bulgar turks ae muslim
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Urungu Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:01
Yes ı forgot them
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:05
The Hungarians are not Turks, they - along with Finns - are Altaic's who converted from Tengrism (old Turkic religion) and Shamanism to Christianity whereas Turks converted mostly to Islam.

The Gagauz Turks are Christian, the Chuvash Turks are Christian and we could include the Csangos (catholic) in Romania too.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:10
The Gagauz Turks have an autonomous state in Moldova. They are followers of the "Turkish Orthodox Church". What is interesting about the Gagauz-Gok Oghuz is the importance they hold to their anscestory and the Oghuz Turk legends. Due to them not being Muslim and living in remote areas they didn't really have many other influences. To this day the most importance literatures they hold are the Oghuzname, the Legends of Oghuz Khan, the mythology of the Grey Wolf...

Gagauzia

">

Edited by Bulldog - 21-Jul-2006 at 07:12
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Samurai
Samurai

Quote Urungu Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:11
Originally posted by Suevari

The Hungarians are not Turks, they - along with Finns - are Altaic's who converted from Tengrism (old Turkic religion) and Shamanism to Christianity whereas Turks converted mostly to Islam.

The Gagauz Turks are Christian, the Chuvash Turks are Christian and we could include the Csangos (catholic) in Romania too.
Hungarians have Turkic(huns),slavic and fin blood.
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:14

Hungarians have Turkic(huns),slavic and fin blood.

No they don't.  It is a common mistake simply because of the name HUNgarian and HUN.  The modern Hungarians are descendants of Arpad who crossed from the Carpathian mountains AFTER the huns.  Arpad replaced the Huns and founded the Hungarian state ontop of the old Hunnic kingdom.

But today many Hungarian look to Attila dn the Huns as equals to Arpad, even though there were not DIRECTLY related to them.

Finns are Finno-Ugric and Hungarians are Finno-Ugric also, but there are some big differences.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Urungu Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:19
Hmm,very interesting.I must look for that,thanks.
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:22
No problem :)
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:36
One of the interesting Gagauz customs is to greet each other using the sign of the Wolf, a sign today also used in various Turkic countries but not for the same reason.

Among the Gagauz Turks its like shaking each others hands, they will make this sign to greet each other.

Here is Jeno Reno demonstrating it, don't ask me why he's doing it LOL

Thats somewhere in Iran.

Also Baskhortistan use it as a greeting aswell.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Samurai
Samurai

Quote Urungu Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:39
Grey wolves were our warfriends and totems in ancient asia many years ago(Timurs were the last who used grey wolves in battle).
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 07:47
I htink it's a shame how nationalists have adopted the sumbol and made it almost Fascist in Turkey.
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 11:18

Christians in TUrkey would be surviving remnants of Christians from the Byzantine era???

I don't think there would be much conversions from Islam to Christianity under Turkish rule in Asia Minor. So I'm assuming that its those who have kept their faith over centuries but are stilll considered Turks and proud ones too.

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 11:27
Turks accualy asians in general aren't that strict on religious matters.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 17:55
Originally posted by Nestorian

Christians in TUrkey would be surviving remnants of Christians from the Byzantine era???

I don't think there would be much conversions from Islam to Christianity under Turkish rule in Asia Minor. So I'm assuming that its those who have kept their faith over centuries but are stilll considered Turks and proud ones too.

Most Christians in Turkey are Greeks, Armenians etc, but there is an increase in conversion among Turks.

Religion in Turkish society is decreasing in its role - thank GOD!
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 18:17

Originally posted by Nestorian

I don't think there is a significant Christian population in Turkey, perhaps except for Greek and Armenian Orthodoxs of Istanbul.

Modern missionary activities are incredibly overrated and probably have no effect at all.

Edited by Feanor - 31-Jul-2007 at 13:26
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 19:01
Suevari
Religion in Turkish society is decreasing in its role - thank GOD!

There is nothing wrong with religion in society, its actually beneficial and important for emphasis on community, morals, family, helping the poor and need and trying to refrain from going down the wrong path etc etc

Religion in Pollitics is what is wrong, it triviallises and abuses religion for personal power.

The Grey Wolf salute looks cool Tongue I also heard that the Baskurtistan Turks use the Wolf Totem and salute?
Albert Pine

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 20:51
Originally posted by Bulldog

One of the interesting Gagauz customs is to greet each other using the sign of the Wolf, a sign today also used in various Turkic countries but not for the same reason.

Among the Gagauz Turks its like shaking each others hands, they will make this sign to greet each other.

Here is Jeno Reno demonstrating it, don't ask me why he's doing it LOL

Thats somewhere in Iran.

That pic of Jeno Reno is from a movie called 'Empire of the Grey Wolves', look it up, it's not that great and another movie that doesn't make Turks look good either.  Wow, I love this, I had no idea that Gagavuz and Baskurts used the GreyWolf symbol as a greeting, this needs to be spread through more of the Turk World.  As for the Christian Turks, Gagavuz are Christian, I heard a some hand full of them in Turkey are Muslim.  Some Cuvas Turks are Christian, I think most are but not all.  Also, some South Siberian Turks have converted to Russian Orthodox, but not many.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 23:52
Originally posted by Bulldog

How do you know this?  Where did you get this information from?
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>