Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uncontested achievements of the Iranians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aarya View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aarya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uncontested achievements of the Iranians
    Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 11:12
 To all my Iranian freinds,
                                        I would want you to list here all the uncontested acheivmeents of the ancient iranians..
                                        By uncontested I mean that those acheivemtns is acepted to be from Iran without any controversy or any other nation caliming that...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 10:29
How about this one, losing their empire in the space of two battles, to a far smaller foe?
Serioulsy, enough with these nationalistic threads. Everyone.

ri the Brave View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ri the Brave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 15:41
Originally posted by Sparten

How about this one, losing their empire in the space of two battles, to a far smaller foe?
Serioulsy, enough with these nationalistic threads. Everyone.
 ====================================================

It's a funny world, really. Alexander conquered the Achaemenian empire, yes. There is no doubt about it. But even as Alexander was marching towards the city of Persepolis, the brave ribarzn had surprised the macedonians at the Persian Gates. The Iranian Thermopylae no one speaks about. It is ironical that it would be you "Sparten" that would point out the prevalence of "nationalistic threads", when Spartans have a monument dedicted to their heroic last stand at the isthmus of Corinth. What do Iranians have to commemorate the last stand of the Achaemenians?

Or should I remind on how the Parthians avenged their downfall by humiliating the Seleucids? Now think about it, a bunch of semi nomadic cavalrymen, laying Alexander's pride and joy, the phalangite infantry and the Basilikon Agemata the smack down with storms of arrows and the charge of cataphracts... If there's any other empire who can contend with the Seleucids with the most pathetic downfall, it has to be the Hellenized Bactria or the Khwarezmid Shahdom. Problem is that the demise of the Seleucid and Hellenized bactrian dominions were caused by Iranians: The Yuezhi and the Parn. Considering how Hellenes repeatedly lost to supposedly numerically inferior Romans, it just makes one wonder what the hell the ten thousand horse archers and the one thousand cataphracts put in their kabobs prior to the battle of Carrhae, versus Crassus' legions. Just zip it.

You are not contributing to this thread. Read what the thread author requested before you decide to make an input.

With that aside, I'd like to make an honorary mention of the Parthian battery:

http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Science/battery.htm

Edited by ri the Brave - 25-Jul-2006 at 15:43
This land is my blood and veins; I cannot give it away. I need it to live! ~Sepahbd Rustm Farrokhzd~
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 18:30
Originally posted by Aarya

To all my Iranian freinds,
                                        I would want you to list here all the uncontested acheivmeents of the ancient iranians..
                                        By uncontested I mean that those acheivemtns is acepted to be from Iran without any controversy or any other nation caliming that...

It seems like one of these threads pops up about every 10 seconds in the Mesopotamian-Iran forum! LOL  Why is that?
cyrus View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote cyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 20:20
Aarya jan even if we list you something here that is uncontested, somebody will come and claim that this was theirs :)

Leave this alone and lets focus on one qoal, which is freeing Iran from Evil.
ri the Brave View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ri the Brave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 08:37
I agree, even most things that are proven to be definitely Iranian are subject to cultural theft by either pan-Arabists, and/or pan-Turanists. I suppose you read the compendium about pan-Turanism's legacy in Iran by Dr. Farrokh? So many things have been claimed out of Iranian hands. This includes algebra, the Shhnme, even the characters we know as Bbak Khurramdn and Cyrus The Great.

What hellenophiles tend to forget  is that entirety of our pre-Islamic heritage covers only a fraction of Hellenic history altogether. This fraction is made up by a mix of Roman and Greek sources and also Islamic sources (Written by both Arabs and Islamized Iranians), who make a rather antagonistic portrayal.

Of course we showcase pride whenever we speak about the achievements of ancient cultures. What some absolute dolts just don't get is that everytime you got to a library, you'd have one hell of a luck if you could find anything but Olmstead, Clive Irving or Richard N. Frye, regarding Iran's history as opposed to books dedicated to the Greeks and the Romans. Perhaps we should attribute one of the greatest cultural genocides in history to Islam, as the adherents actively sought to destroy heretical  (Actually they didn't care, they just had this giant book burning festival) literature and sciences. Oh noes, I speak too much about achievements.. LOL
This land is my blood and veins; I cannot give it away. I need it to live! ~Sepahbd Rustm Farrokhzd~
cyrus View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote cyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 09:54
Nice said,  Ario The Brave.

Post Reply Post Reply