Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedone day fly's?!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: one day fly's?!!!
    Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 18:33
in my short time of being on this forum I have noticed some "new member" who participate in verry difficult discussion when the "batle" is let say on. flaming and personal attacks(insults). these new mebers post verry how do i say this articles who cause commotion. and after that I don't see any post exept on other topic in the same "category" again with disturbing "news"

this all could be crap and i'm getting paranoidLOLConfused.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 09:00
Originally posted by xi_tujue

in my short time of being on this forum I have noticed some "new member" who participate in verry difficult discussion when the "batle" is let say on. flaming and personal attacks(insults). these new mebers post verry how do i say this articles who cause commotion. and after that I don't see any post exept on other topic in the same "category" again with disturbing "news"

this all could be crap and i'm getting paranoidLOLConfused.

Your not paranoid they are called Trolls.  Some call them forum nomads.  They sometimes just drop in to cause trouble and then leave.
There is also a creature we have here that is called an AE Ghost.  Members who have been banned and then show up with a different screen name.  They will sometimes show up just to be a pain in the butt.

Trolling is something a lot of people do, it does not have to be disruptive or destructive to the discussion.  I sometimes troll other forums looking for  interesting threads and join in if I have something to add.
The only time I do anything antisocial is on an extremist or racist site.  Big smile
They do it to us, so why not return the favor.  I think the most recent example was Dark lord. 

Edited by red clay - 16-Jul-2006 at 09:02
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply