Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion: Greatest Dynasty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion: Greatest Dynasty
    Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 16:14

Here is an open discussion thread: Which of the Chinese Dynasties was the greatest? Shang, Zhou, Qin, Han, Jin, Sui, Tang, Song, Yuan, Ming, Qing or others?

I would say the Da Tang.

[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 16:22

Song.  I never had appreciated Chinese countries who closed the silk road  

Grrr..
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 16:24

The Tang, Han and Qing are my favourite. But Tang is perhaps the greatest.

ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 16:59
Well, notice that this is not a "favorites" thread (I shall open a new thread), this is a discussion thread about the greatest dynasty in the history of China.

Edited by ihsan
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Liu Ce View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Liu Ce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 17:54
The Han is the greatist.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 19:36

Well, the Tang Dynasty is considered China's golden age. While in the Qing dynasty, China's borders were pushed to it's max, but subsequently China suffered great humiliation.

I would say that the Tang Dynasty was the pinnacle of Chinese advancement and dominance.

However, I think China's best era in history is yet to come. China is developing at a rapid pace right now and has the resources to become a great superpower. It will once again be a dominant power in the world.

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 20:50
I would say the Tang. The Tang continued the advancement of science and culture and was physcially larger than the Han.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 23:50
I would asy without the Han you wouldnt have been able to later have such great dynasties as the Tang.  The Tang are my personal favorite but the most important in teh history of China I view as the Han.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2004 at 01:28
Song was my favourite because of the great strides made in arts and culture then.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2004 at 02:01
Yes, the greatest would have to be the Tang.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2004 at 22:59
Song was the true peak of Chinese civilization but greatly flawed. If Song inherited the martial spirit of Tang then it would be perfect. I will go with Tang/Song
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 11:17
Shang!  Kewl bronze thingys!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2004 at 09:23
Tang Dynasty.
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2004 at 13:36
I don't get the point of this thread.  Ihsan, why did you make two threads of the same topic?
Grrr..
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2004 at 20:30
Can't say which is my favorite.  The most fascinating one for me is Song -- its similarity to Enlightenment Europe is uncanny: both were upholding rationality, and both were xenophobic.  Of course, an obvious difference is that Song improved culturally, economically, but declined militarily.
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2004 at 20:33

P.S.:

In other words, Enlightenment Europe produced a bunch of imperialist gangsters with books, Song produced a bunch of book worms and panzies.

Post Reply Post Reply