Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Israel vs Lebanon, the sequel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041>
Author
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Israel vs Lebanon, the sequel
    Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 18:36
Originally posted by erkut

Yes maybe İsrael is a terorist too. And even you can define her ass a monster but who had created this monster?

Thank you for your objectivity. Who created the monster? Arabs created the monster? Well isn't this the same argument that applies to Hezbollah? Who created Hezbollah? Isn't it 1982 Israel invasion of Southern Lebanon?

Every jewish family has a victim of teror or war. İf you keep attack to a country more than 50 years and if this country is small peopels could be mad!

and every Palestinian family has or know a victim of IDF shooting. Has or know someone who is crippled or injured by the IDF. Has or know someone who lost work, studies, business due to IDF curfew of third of the year in the West bank!!Has or know a prisoner of imprisoning without due-process or court date. Do you know about something called "Administrative detention"? where you are held for even being guilty by association?

I advice you to read the new book "How Israel Lost: The four questions" which is a collection of visit reports to Israel by Richard Ben Cramer. By the way, he is a Jew too.

İn 1948 there was a perfect solution for peace; İsrael and Palastin were two free country and Jerusalem was international city. But Araps started a war and they lose it, than  they started an other war and they lose it again. Again and again they keep attaked to İsrael. So could you tell me who created this monster?Or who is the real monster?

Just to remind you, before any so-called terrorist organization existed in Palestine, before any of the so-called attack on Israel by Arabs has been launched, there were already Zionist terrorist groups functioning such as the Ha-Shomer and its offsprings of Haganah...etc.
That is the creation of the state of Israel.
What would you do if a group of people started to immigrate to your place and suddently deciding to establish their new estate on the majority of the inhabitant of your place? Accept it? or fight for your own rights? Killings and massacres in Deir-Yassin and other towns and villages assured them that 700,000 displaced Palestinians are out of Palestine. Why can't they return? Because they escaped a war? feared for their life? run away from stories of horrifying massacres of whole villages?

İ am sorry for war and Lebnanese deaths but there are jews dieing to. And objectively Jews are deffending themselves.
Since we both agreed that Israel and its neighbors are all terrorists. Then why is it Kosher for Israel to kidnap Palestinian parliment representatives, a doctor and his brother before their soldier abduction, and keep many Lebanese prisnors of their infamous occupation of souther Lebanon? Yet it is not Kosher for those "terrorist" groups do the same to the "terrorist state"? It doesn't look to me a very balanced view.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 19:50
Originally posted by Komnenos

Sorry Omar, here you are completely wrong.
Virtually all Eastern European Jews , the Ashkenazi, are the descendants of Western and Central European Jewish people who during the Middle Ages, having been expelled, migrated further East, to Poland and today's Russia, both countries that were then far more tolerant than the rest of Europe.
That the remnants of the Khazar Jews might have contributed to the Eastern European Jewish gene-pool on a small scale, is possible, but so far has not been proven. By the time large scale immigration from the West arrived, the Khazars were long gone.

Now its my turn: Not saying your wrong. But can this be proven?
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 20:10
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Originally posted by Northman

Originally posted by R_AK47

Hezbollah is obviously a terrorist organization, any attempt to label them otherwise will end in failure.  All of the death and destruction that took place in Lebanon is the fault of Hezbollah, not Israel.  Hezbollah started the war and after it began, hid like cowards behind Lebanese civilians.  Israel was forced to do what it did. 

Just a rhetorical question if I may:

Madrid and London has been attacked by groups of local terrorists. They are obviously there.According to your logic, Israel is forced to give Spain and England the same treatment as they gave Libanon?

Please excuse my inferior mind but to me what you just said made absolutely no sense. Why would Israel attack Spain and England for being attacked by terroirsts. And these were not local they worked for the name of Al-Queda. Terrorist cells being called up to raise arms against the infidels and such.

I agree with Ponce on this.

Edited by R_AK47 - 15-Aug-2006 at 20:10
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 20:17

Yes maybe İsrael is a terorist too. And even you can define her ass a monster but who had created this monster? Since 1948 Araps attacking to İsrael again and again, non-stop. Every jewish family has a victim of teror or war. İf you keep attack to a country more than 50 years and if this country is small peopels could be mad!
İn 1948 there was a perfect solution for peace; İsrael and Palastin were two free country and Jerusalem was international city. But Araps started a war and they lose it, than  they started an other war and they lose it again. Again and again they keep attaked to İsrael. So could you tell me who created this monster?Or who is the real monster?

P.S: İ am sorry for war and Lebnanese deaths but there are jews dieing to. And objectively Jews are deffending themselves.

You don't need to apologize erkut for the war or the Lebanese deaths.  Your country (Israel) is rightfully defending itself and its citizens from terrorists.  The Lebanese government allowed Hezbollah to dwell within its borders and use its (Lebanon's) citizens as human shields.  If the government of Lebanon wanted to protect its citizens it should have done something about Hezbollah in the first place.  You are right about the arabs starting all of the wars against Israel (and losing all of them as well).
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 20:24
I know the parallel is a bit off - but look at it this way.

In Madrid, London and southern Lebanon terrorists are hiding between civilians.
In order to kill a few terrorists, Israel chose to destroy southern Lebanon and kill civilians by the thousands.
Why isnt the same happening in Madrid and London? - some people could easily get the idea, that the civilians are more worth there?

Why is Israel "forced" to use methods in Lebanon that are totally unacceptable elsewhere?

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 20:41
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 20:55

In order to kill a few terrorists, Israel chose to destroy southern Lebanon and kill civilians by the thousands.
Why isnt the same happening in Madrid and London? - some people could easily get the idea, that the civilians are more worth there?

Why is Israel "forced" to use methods in Lebanon that are totally unacceptable elsewhere?

Your parallel is ridiculously off.  Terrorists are not launching rockets into Israel from Madrid or London, so Israel has no need to intercede in these situations.  Even if muslim terrorists did find some way to attack Israel from Madrid or London the governments of England and Spain would certainly take swift and decisive action against the terrorists.  Again, Israel would probably not need to get invovled.  Lebanon has done nothing to stop the terrorists and instead allowed them to conduct there terrorist activity from Lebanese soil.  Lebanon got what it deserved when Israel invaded to stop the terrorists.

Edited by R_AK47 - 15-Aug-2006 at 20:56
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 22:40
 cok qoute-The Katyusha rockets fired on the kidnapping event were not intended to hit civilian targets more than provide a distracting coverage of the kindnapping plan which worked ,

Ok so why did the Palestinians kidnapped and firer rockets into Israel weeks earlier if  this was not  all planned  out already ?

As far as the pictures shown here , why not show all the mutilated  bodies of  Israel`s children that were killed, especially the two arab children that were killed by hebolla that  they so apologize for . why ?because any desent civilization would  show more  respect  for the dead. Not just to show them  just to get sympathy that they so caused.

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 22:57
Israel holds thousands of Lebanese and Palestinians civilians without trial in their prisions.
Israel walks in takes more at their will. Hamas and Hezbullah stroll in and capture and few soldiers and you think it starts a war?
Pah!
Until Israels vast overraction this was tit-for-tat exchange. Israel had the option not to cause a war, but it chose to start one and it got defeated.

Hezbullah just beat (or at least held) the IDF in a convenional war.
Take note, what is not much more that a citizens milita stood fought and beat the IDF with all the weapons money can buy and a few it can't.

That has much bigger implications than anything else, much bigger than the Israei-Arab wars.
It means that for the first time in 100 years, it is possible to win a conventional war without superior technology, without air superiority, without armour and without resorting to guerilla or terrorist attacks.

As far as the pictures shown here , why not show all the mutilated  bodies of  Israel`s children that were killed, especially the two arab children that were killed by hebolla that  they so apologize for . why ?because any desent civilization would  show more  respect  for the dead. Not just to show them  just to get sympathy that they so caused.

43 Israeli civilians died! 43! Thousands of Lebanese died.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 15-Aug-2006 at 22:58
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 00:12
Omar, those figures are disputable .  
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 00:14
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 02:25
Omar, those figures are disputable .

I agree, highly disputable. Those are the IDF figures
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1227264,00.html?cnn=yes

Yes, we can sit around thousands of kilometers aways and ask What defines a victory?
And while we are doing this, the Israelis are holding inquirys and sacking their commanders, and the Lebanese are shooting off fireworks.

The armoured might of the Israeli army which can defeat all its neighbours in 6 days, failed to capture 30km of lebanon.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 03:05

This was war was if you will excuse the crudeness, was Olmert trying to show his manhood. Sharon, for all his faults was a military man first. He would have known that such a war was untenable, and would have after the odd airstrike, exchanged prisoners.

Well Israel is less secure than it was on July 12, Hizb has a legitamacy it did not have on July 12. Great going guys!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 03:14
Of course it seems that Israel considers Arabs as second class citizens.

And there is a legal aparthied in Israel.

Though hopefully that is changing.

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 03:23
Originally posted by Sparten

Of course it seems that Israel considers Arabs as second class citizens.

despicable
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 04:29
Originally posted by R_AK47

Your parallel is ridiculously off.  Terrorists are not launching rockets into Israel from Madrid or London, so Israel has no need to intercede in these situations.  Even if muslim terrorists did find some way to attack Israel from Madrid or London the governments of England and Spain would certainly take swift and decisive action against the terrorists.  Again, Israel would probably not need to get invovled.  Lebanon has done nothing to stop the terrorists and instead allowed them to conduct there terrorist activity from Lebanese soil.  Lebanon got what it deserved when Israel invaded to stop the terrorists.

You may call it ridiculous - I wont even argue that.
But you miss my point (maybe I wasnt specific enough).

I'm not talking about Israel attacking all over the world - but the methods they are using. The governments of England and Spain, would they destroy a whole neighborhood to take out one house where some terrorists might hide?

Every Lebanese civilian they have killed had a family and thus, the Israeli have furtilized the ground for even more terror to emerge.

Israel has a right to exsist - but so does all its neighbors.
Why is the 40 year Israeli occupation of Palestine acceptable?
Are they "forced" to uphold this as well? 
Its the source, excuse and generator for the modern kind of terror we have experienced since Munich 1972.
Its also the cause for tens (or hundreds) of thousands refugees spreading all over Europe (and the world) and thus exporting the terror to these countries who have taken the refugees in.

How can you even start to claim their methods, by any standard, to be acceptable?
I would think 9-11 could be a hint for us westeners to a different approach - apparently and sadly, it was not!

Edited by Northman - 16-Aug-2006 at 04:35
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 05:19

Originally posted by ok ge

Thank you for your objectivity. Who created the monster? Arabs created the monster? Well isn't this the same argument that applies to Hezbollah? Who created Hezbollah? Isn't it 1982 Israel invasion of Southern Lebanon?  

So why did israel invade Lebnan in 1982? Becouse terorists were killing jews(İsraels London Ambasador for ex.)

Or could you tell me why did Lebnan civil war started in 1975? Becouse Palestinan terorists kicked out from Jordan(by the Jordan) in 1970. But those terorists were still have camps in Lebnan. So they start a war against Lebnan Cristians to take control of the land. Becouse they thougt if they got controll of Lebnan they could attack to İsrael.(But they destroyed the Lebnan and killed too many peopels, and they seperated the Lebnan)

What would you do if a group of people started to immigrate to your place and suddently deciding to establish their new estate on the majority of the inhabitant of your place?   

There were jews living in there before immigrations. And first crowded immigrates comed in 1880(First Aliyah) All jews immigrate there legaly. They had permission from Ottoman and British empires. When jews immigrated Trks or GB were in charge not Arabs. And in 1948 both communuty had right to crate their states.(by the observation of UN)

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 05:49

Hezbollah is a terorist organization! You could show your photos and i could mines but everytime İsrael had fight to defend her self.(1948-1956-1967-1973 and now)
those pictures are misleading, are those victims of hezbollah or other arab organisations? this is lies Erkut. That magazine cover (with what looks like a doctored picture), shows what level of reading material you base your reality on, but it explains alot. Hezbollah didnt blow up buses or use suicides against isreali civilans as far as i know, no need to mix them up with other bearded jihadis from gaza or the west bank.

(They are not all the same, not even just because you say so)

BTW i had greiving isreali soldiers in my post, partly for some balance which you seem to lack, and because they are the biggest isreali group killed in this war. Such a pity, having the young die for a pointless war that acheived nothing.

As you seem to be blinded by your own past victimhood ill explain my point, any bombing of civilians (or the infrastracture that supports them)  for 'revenge' or pay back is an act of terrorism. both sides can hang their heads in shame for such behavoiur. No excuses!

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 05:54

So why did israel invade Lebnan in 1982? Becouse terorists were killing jews(İsraels London Ambasador for ex.)

either you dont know your own region or your are deliberatly confusing everything becase you cant explain/justify everything. what has the PLA got to do with hezbollah? your confusing different groups with different forms of islam, different sponsers and different politics.

Get that right and then talk about hezbollah.

Edited by Leonidas - 16-Aug-2006 at 05:57
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 07:16

Hezbollah is not the only terorist organiztion in Middle East.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041>