Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Final topic about turkish origins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final topic about turkish origins
    Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 16:12
http://www.joshuaproject.net/ethne.php?es=6
(there is some errors in this infos,it show tatars,kirgizs,azeris etc who from Trkic etnicity as minorities...)
The lands of the of the West may be armored with walls of steel,
But I have borders guarded by the mighty chest of a believer...
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote perikles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 02:49
As it has any difference of Istanbul or Konstaninoupoli.
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 05:13
Originally posted by perikles

After all Istanbul is Greek name also. But i like Konstaninoupoli most.

After all, it is not proved. It is just one theory.
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 06:40
Perikles dont come with nonsense theories but with proven facts. 
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote perikles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 07:19
What is the nonsense theory?
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 07:38

What is the nonsense theory?

You know what I mean and you are way offtopic ,what says enough about you ,so try to be ontopic with your next post
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 11:24

And it is not nationalism. After all Istanbul is Greek name also. But i like Konstaninoupoli most. I leaned it that way. This is the real name. It is just the Turks that they change everything they found in the region. It is their policy. The whole world call us Greece they call us Yunan. What can i say?

And the helens didn't everybody did what's your point?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 19:28
If you look in the history of Turkish land the most recent people involved in that land was the seljuq empire and the turkmen tribes who invded the western asia in the 11th century and founded an empire which divided into ,Iran .Syria, and Asia Minor which is the turks land now. 
Sirona View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Sirona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 02:58
A short reply to the off topic subject: Both the names, Hellene and Grekos come from mythology. Hellene was the son of Deukalion and Pyrrha (the "first" couple) and Grekos was their grand-son. Greeks used both names in their history, after the foundation of the Greek state in the 19th century, there was a debate, and finally Hellene, and Hellas was settled upon.

As for Konstantinoupoli; in Turkish Xanthi and Komotini are still called Iskeche and Gumulcine and Alexandroupoli is called Dedeagac; so I don't think it's a big issue. While speaking Greek people use the name Konstantinoupoli, just like when people speak Turkish and refer to Xanthi, they say Iskeche. Best to keep in mind that the name Konstantinoupoli (rather Konstantiniyye) was only officially changed in 1930 to Istanbul.

Sorry for the off-topic intrusion, just wanted to clear up a few things. Actually, the use of the name Hellene has a very interesting past, but it would take too long to talk about it!

Now, in order to get a bit on-topic, here's my take on the ethnicity of Turkish people: DNA studies are still very young, I think it's best not to take them as scripture at this point, but they give very good ideas too. One thing is for certain, Asia Minor is a mixing point, and has been one since prehistorical times, not just recently. We know that there were many groups living under the Byzantine Empire, who were not "Greeks"; but that's the whole point about an Empire, it's not a Nation State, a Nation State is the creation of 19th century. When the Ottoman Empire took over, they took over these populations also. Today we don't have Empires as in the past and we look at things through the Nation State point of view; which doesn't work too well with such mixed populations, I think. The point is, the people of Turkey, whatever their ethnic background, are Turkish nationals. It's pointless to try to prove one is more Turkic than the other, it would get you nowhere. All of these people are a part of the Turkish State now, and no one group has precedence over the other.

Edited by Sirona - 25-Sep-2006 at 03:01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234