Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aryan Indians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aryan Indians
    Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 22:20

Originally posted by RajputGirl

I wasn't the one who said that India was 72% Aryan, and I honestly don't care.  You probably didn't get my point either.

I gave that figure and it was 72% Indo-Aryan.  I think our friend here jumped the gun when he mistakingly confused the Nazi definition of an aryan with the original Indo-Aryans who, for the record, follow the aryan vedic religion.

PS.  Its 'Swastik' not swastika you confused wannabes!  Stop hijacking our religious symbols and don't be so ignorant!  You wana call yourself Aryan then start practicing the religion of the ARYANS (HINDUISM) which has been using this symbol for thousands of years!

If God did not create the horse, he would not have created the Rajput.
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 22:59
Originally posted by Vedam

Tell you what Teldeinduz lets say India is 0.001 percent Aryan, and that 0.001 is all in Bollywood.
I think that would make you happy.Smile

The Aryans came from a central Asian region or perhaps some other Northern location. At the very least they had light features, and the suggestion that India is 72% light featured with Aryan looks is just way off (perhaps there was mixing of upper caste men and lower caste women, but this would make the Aryan composition of the person a minority characteristic eventually - judging by the physical features of the people there 0.001% is probably accurate, though the number of Aryans with light features is much less with true Aryans like the original central Asian people being virtually non existent). Actually, the Indian M haplo seems to be present more in the higher castes so the "lighter" higher castes undoubtedly have a lot of mixing with Dravidian women. A lot of the upper castes dont look particularly Aryan in the slightest.

The Aryan haplo marker might be R1a1, which does occur in India (though definitely not to 72%). Perhaps around 10% to 20%, but some recent studies have shown Indian R1a1 to not cluster with central asian R1a1 so it's probably not of Aryan origin. However, R1a1 of the Chamar does seem to be close to central Asian R1a1, but he looks nothing like an Aryan and belongs to the lower caste. R1a1 is found quite a lot in lower castes also.  So R1a1 probably is not a good Aryan marker in India. 

Edited by TeldeInduz - 06-Jul-2006 at 23:44
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 06:04
Telde, can i ask what is the difference between your figure and the one in the CIA world fact book?
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 12:56
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

Telde, can i ask what is the difference between your figure and the one in the CIA world fact book?

CIA world factbook gives the percent of Indo European speakers in India which is about 72%.

Just looking over some stuff it appears that some West Asian DNA might be important for the upper castes.
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 13:01
thanks for clarifying that for me
RajputGirl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2006 at 15:43
This topic should be done with, but I had to post this pic.  :) 

The girl is from Kerala.  It's obviousthat she looks too poor to afford contacts. 

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2006 at 18:53
Originally posted by machine

I was wondering how many of the Whiter looking Indians are there in terms of numbers????

Does racism still exist between the groups, the ones with the much darker skin and the lighter coloured ones????

Did they ever fight wars against one another????

Obviously by reading this post you can see:

1.   Indians brag about Aryan (Indo-European) heritage more than anybody else.
2.  Most Indians do not have light features or light skin or light eyes, and thats perfectly alright.
3.  It is completely pointless to prove Aryans were blonde and blue eyed because they were not.

In my opinion, Indians are beautiful people and this caste system must be erased.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 15:16
^I hope you know that the caste system doesn't necessarily correlate with how you look.  There are tons of dark-featured high-caste people.  

For the last time, nobody is trying to say that the majority of Indians have light skin or light eyes.  TeldeInduz wanted to see pics of light-eyed Indians, and we gave it to him (or her?).    If TeldeInduz didn't ask, then nobody would have bothered to talk about Indians with light-colored eyes.

People are just saying that light eyes or light skin among South Asians isn't unheard of.     Even people of African-American descent can have light eyes or a lighter brown complexion, without having any immediate white blood.   No group is necessarily homogenous. 

If someone said that Afghans couldn't have light eyes, wouldn't you correct them?  Does that mean that you're ashamed of dark eyes, because you're simply pointing out that some Afghans CAN have light eyes?   

NO.  

Edited by RajputGirl - 13-Jul-2006 at 15:21
Digvijay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Digvijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 15:22
Afghanan,
 You are wrong. Indians do not brag about Aryan invasion.
Read this:   

http://www.iskcon.com/icj/6_1/6_1klostermaier.html

Dr Klostermaier is a professor at a Canadian University.

Aryan Invasion theory is complete farce.

-Digs
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 15:27
At TeldeInduz's request-here are some more poor people with light eyes.  

Again, these pictures  do NOT serve the purpose of trying to claim that the majority of Indians have light eyes.     They're just showing what they're supposed to show: An Indian, who ironically happens to have naturally light eyes.   If you read the initial thread, that's what TeldeInduz wanted to see. 

Edited by RajputGirl - 13-Jul-2006 at 15:30
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 19:10
Originally posted by Digvijay

Afghanan,
 You are wrong. Indians do not brag about Aryan invasion.
Read this:   

http://www.iskcon.com/icj/6_1/6_1klostermaier.html

Dr Klostermaier is a professor at a Canadian University.

Aryan Invasion theory is complete farce.

-Digs

I didnt say anything about an Aryan invasion, I said an "Aryan heritage" or having "Aryan" blood.  And I wasnt talking about all Indians, I was talking about this post/topic specifically. 

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 19:19

Again, these pictures  do NOT serve the purpose of trying to claim that the majority of Indians have light eyes.     They're just showing what they're supposed to show: An Indian, who ironically happens to have naturally light eyes.   If you read the initial thread, that's what TeldeInduz wanted to see. 

I'm not TeldeInduz, so I dont know why you are trying to prove this to me.  Second of all, who said all Aryans for some reason have to have light eyes?  If Aryans are cousins to the Iranians, they should look more similar to them.  Forget hair color and eyes.   India was occupied by the British for over 150 years, we can easily say the same that the British intermingled with the native Indian populations as well.

Its a pointless discussion really.  Indians are Indians and that is all they will be.  Anyone who is obsessed with skin color and the color of someones iris in their eyeballs is completely disattatched from reality and they are fooling themselves.  You understand what I'm trying to say?

Edited by Afghanan - 13-Jul-2006 at 19:19
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 19:26
I  never said anything about Aryans.  The Hindu scriptures say that an Aryan is someone who is noble.  I really could care less about that Aryan Invasion garbage, or what those mythological Aryans are supposed to look.   

Like I said, TeldeInduz wanted to see a picture of an Indian with light eyes.  End of story.  I don't even think anybody in this thread was talking about the AIT. 

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 19:27
Its no point arguing with you, since again I"M NOT TELDEINDUZ.   I dont know why you keep talking to him through me.  Confused

Edited by Afghanan - 13-Jul-2006 at 19:29
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 19:39
lol, I never said you were TeldeInduz.

I was just using his question to explain to you why people are talking about light skin or light eyes in this thread.

This topic has nothing to do with secretly wanting to look white, or being ashamed of having dark features.  I don't know why you said that Indians love to brag about being "Aryan" more than anything else. 
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 20:55
Why is it so important to be "white"? what's the obsession with being Blone with blue eyes, I don't know why some are taking it so seriously, don#t you ever think, "who cares"?

Brown is beautiful guys, its the new fashion      

What's wrong with being dark, really dark skinned with beautiful dark eyes and jet black hair? cannot this be considered beautiful?

Really the Aryan argument is pointless and segregatory, its like you don't approve of 95% of Indians, how do the dark Indians feel?

In London theres a huge Sout Asian community, to be honest I've never a white looking Indian or one with Brown or blonde hair, I'm just being honest. But my friend is a Bengal and his paps has a Red beard but I think its dyed hehe.

The lightest Indian I've ever seen could pass for an Arab, Persian or Turk but not really for a white European.

Be proud of what you are and the colour of your skin, lives to short to have such complexes.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 21:25

I didnt request anything. I know what virtually all of the eye colour of Indians is. If you type in South Indian in google, you'll get an idea. You have to search pretty hard to find people with fair eyes simply because it's not from around that region, just like frizzy hair isnt. First 6 or 7 results from google show more or less what's common and what isnt.

Again, these pictures do NOT serve the purpose of trying to claim that the majority of Indians have light eyes. They're just showing what they're supposed to show: An Indian, who ironically happens to have naturally light eyes. If you read the initial thread, that's what TeldeInduz wanted to see.

Actually, if you read what I said in the beginning, I said you will always get some mixing into every population, but it is about in the same amounts as Africans with fair eyes. In other words, it's just some mixing over the centuries (I used the term "randy British troops", though one or two migrations will also have counted (for example Chitpovans, which are a very small group of people in India - you might know the figures?). The quote I used was

"There might be some with dark to mid brown hair, but there's no blondes in North India. The eye colour is definitely bullsh*t. I've never met an Indian with genuine blue or green eyes (the odd one might exist but this might have been from some randy British troops). The only people from the subcontinent I've met in real life with blue or green eyes on a fairly large scale (10-20%) from the subcontinent have been Pathans. (EDIT : Northern Punjabis apparently have similar features I've been told also (Attock region).

The 72% Aryan make up of India is just nonsense. I've seen that number on some website but they might be talking about language rather than ethnicity."

You do get the odd African with green or blue eyes as well, but they are all peculiarities within the community.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 13-Jul-2006 at 21:41
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 21:42
Bulldog, i agree with your observations, which r pretty fair and honest.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 21:44

The features of the original Aryan such as eye colour isnt known, but I'd probably say they had a mixture of colours.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 13-Jul-2006 at 22:06
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 03:23
How about caucasoid features? Which means that great variety in skin, hair and eye color. (For the Aryans).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>