Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnatolian Greeks.Where are they now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anatolian Greeks.Where are they now?
    Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 10:15
Where you find the Kadpadoksa-Kadpaduksa Marashantiya record ?

Not from wiki. Altough Kadpaduka is said to mean "land of beautiful horses", it is the name of a branch of Kizilirmak. And Marashantiya was the ancient name of Kizilirmak.
Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 10:25
So you don't have any source that support your allegation.So I will stay in mine wiki-(Brittanika source)Smile

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 15:06
Originally posted by Alparslan

This is nonsense and complete ignorance. 

They have heavily resisted to go to Greece saying that we are Turks. And fathers and mothers had prefered to forget their ethnicities.

Karamanlides' origin is not very clear but most probably they are coming from the Cuman and Pecheneg Turks origin. They were converted to Christianity from shamanism in the Balkans  before Alparslan's Menzigert. They are involved into Byzantine army and some of them have been settled into border areas to protect the border.

In I.Crusades Byzatine army took over the city of Nicea which is the capital of Anatolian Seljuks by the Pecheneg troops of the Byzantine army. There are lots of historical documents about Turks in Byzantine armies.

Vardariots - Christianised Turks

Latinikon - Frankish knights

Dou you remember the song of "Vardar Ovası"? Vardariots were from Vardar Ovası in the Balkans. They were there much before Ottomans came.

1. Although some Cappadocians were treated with hostitility by the native Greeks  (it s a global phenomenon,opposing the new comers who come t"to steal our land")-they were presenting it as a complain to their compatriots...not at all as "foreigners" .
They never felt Turks as compatriots! This is complete nonsense.

2.Cappadokian area was lost for ever for Byzantium in 1071-1081.
Although under the Komnenoi,much of the southern ,northern and Western area was recovered (and remained Nicean territory then (except south)) ,Cappadokia stayed out of this.
So your "Cuman and Pechenegs mercenaries hypothesis" is baseless.

3.The Vardariots were Magyars=Hungarians.
Not Turks.

Edited by Digenis - 29-Aug-2006 at 15:07
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 15:10
well paisios is not a myth(LOL)... he died in july 1994 Big smile We have many biographies for him written by thousands persons  that met him..
Saint arsenios also  is not a myth.. he died in  1923 he lived in an area(farasa of cappadokia)where all people were greek and noone knew turkish language!!!He was the godfather of paisios.paisios wrote a biography for him which was based on witnesses who lived with him in farasa.
 I could write about  many many saints from kappadokia that are not myths but i  will stop
  About saint george i have to say that we have many many biographies(acts of martyrs,narrations)that start one century after his death(much more closer than the biographies we have for many historical famous figures for example alexander the great,mehmet biographies are mainly written in 8 ,9 a.c )
   We know where he lived when and how he died and many things about his life(i am speaking for saint george),.Even if you read a weird  incident in his biography that doesnt mean that saint george is a mythological person!(i could also  narrate you  some wierd incidents who are written in koran as you know)

ps :you are speaking about Hittites like they are your progenitorsDead.I hope you are not influenced by turkish propaganda

ps:you turks maybe you love very much your country but stop beiing so nationalists!!you ve written that there is not terrorism in your country(sorry b turk my friend you are  a nice person this is not a offence) and ok this is not big deal.Now i read nonsenses about how greeks(cappadokes)are not greeks!!!and i ve read also the same stories about pontians and yunans(smyrna)in irc talking with turks
  You know till few years karamanlides,pontias,ionians,cappadokes refuggees were lived among us(few continue to live)..they were our grandfathers!!!!we grow up listening stories about how turks tortured them so stop being ridiculous my friends LOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by ageia - 29-Aug-2006 at 15:37
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 15:19
Originally posted by Seko

And don't drink the water either. Or let them know you are a girl cause the boogy man will get you. Boo!

I had to break the sillyness that is going on here. lol. What is assumed about one country could easily be said about another.

About the water...if you mean cholera ,yes its not unknown in Istanbul.
From pubmed :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9119347&dopt=Abstract

As for girls i mentioned:
I know 5 friends of mine that have been in Istanbul.
3 Greeks and 2 Polish-All told me about this misbehaviour towards them.
Esp. one polish was almost attacked.

It wasnt quite "silly" or "funny" for her.Ouch

Edited by Digenis - 29-Aug-2006 at 15:21
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 16:12
I could write about  many many saints from kappadokia that are not myths but i  will stop

Please, don't stop. I may also explain the origins of the myths of Aya Basileios, Aya Hieron, Onophorios, Aya Gregorios of Nyssa and many others like them. The thing is that, you have to understand the region was an important religious center for all religions which has influenced Anatolia (native religion, Mithraism, later Christianity and finally Islam), not only for Christians.

We know where he lived when and how he died and many things about his life(i am speaking for saint george),.

But we also know that the legend of a dragon is a myth, right?

you are speaking about Hittites like they are your progenitors.I hope you are not influenced by turkish propaganda

1. I had no such statement.

2. I hope they were. But I'm a Turkmen. Anyway, since I'm from Cappadocia, at least I try to preserve their cultural inheritance against some Ionians trying to steal it...Smile

we grow up listening stories about how turks tortured them

That's obvious though. 
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 17:22
Originally posted by Digenis

And don't drink the water either. Or let them know you are a girl cause the boogy man will get you. Boo!

I had to break the sillyness that is going on here. lol. What is assumed about one country could easily be said about another.

About the water...if you mean cholera ,yes its not unknown in Istanbul.From pubmed :http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9119347&dopt=AbstractAs for girls i mentioned:I know 5 friends of mine that have been in Istanbul.3 Greeks and 2 Polish-All told me about this misbehaviour towards them.Esp. one polish was almost attacked.It wasnt quite "silly" or "funny" for her.

Since you were warning Ageia about the hazzards of vacationing in Turkey and failed to see the absurdity of your own comments, let me put them in another perspective for you.

Who is going to save her from the hazzardous waters in Greece?
___   ___   ___   ___   ___

Commission takes Greece to Court over lack of waste water treatment.

Reference: IP/06/878    Date: 29/06/2006

http://europa.eu.int/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/06/878&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

More pollution problems in Greece

http://www.waterpp.org/

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761572872_2/Greece.html

http://www.waternunc.com/gb/dg11en15.htm

http://www.fao.org/iccd/object/doc/sustwater.htm

And about those sexual predators you warned her about. Let's read from someone who lives in Greece about them:

-If you live in Athens, there are parts of the city you would want to avoid at night -especially if you are alone. You don't have this problem in the rest of the country.

-If you're male, you profoundly espouse the classic maxim "all women are _____, except for my Mom and my sister."

-Greek men are the sexiest in the world and they are real macho womanizers-- or so you like to claim.

http://www.zompist.com/greek.html

So take this post of mine as a gesture of fair play. I probably won't do it again since I tend to overlook most of the accusations you throw at Turkey. But this time I wanted to give you some of your own medicine.

By the way, I drink bottled water whenever I can and I live in the US.

Edited by Seko - 29-Aug-2006 at 17:30
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 17:52
well cappadokia that you live now is certainly turkish so live there or not nothing change and surely cant help to  figure how things were 100(and much more)years before. (paisios and other witnesses that lived there and wrote their experiences surely can tell us how things gone,archaelogy,history too )

the only thing you are trying to serve is your nationalism that's why i am going to stop posting for this thread.speaking with a man that has for avatar the face of kemal (to my opinion and other greeks a genocidor )does not help.It is like speaking with a german who has for avatar himler.no jews coud do this neither do i....
     best wishes to all(especially b turk)
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 18:06
seko(no offence) but it is like mixing jumping with flying. greece is not paradise but it doesnt have problems with water or annoying girls(it is a european country noone would whop you because you are wearing bikini on a beach,and there are not beaches separated for man and women),

i do know that arabians countries have problems similar to these and i just asked what is happening in turkey(which is muslim country)..anyway i still believe tha there are not serious problems in turkey(with water etc)..but after the last news and bombing in marmara i wont go this year(maybe the next year)

after all constantinopole has so beatiful momuments.it deserves a journey Smile

best wishes seko

PS:CUUUUT
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 18:54
1) Greece is an european country.

2) Greece has no problem with bikini.

3) There are not beaches separated for men and women in Greece.

4) Ataturk is a "genocidor".

Interesting statements ageia, indeed.

Edited by The Hidden Face - 29-Aug-2006 at 18:57
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 04:26
Originally posted by ageia

what are you saying men?"they were resisted to go to greece"

Yes exactly. And they were saying that "we are not Greeks, we are Turks"...

i can't stand  propaganda like this one .i believe if turkey will be more democratic(less military controlled) and less nationalist everything could be more easy.

Greeks like you are the expert of propaganda. The same story, the same exaggeration. Dear Ageia, you have been ruled by military dictatorship during years. Moreover now Greece is not a secular country. Greek Orthodox Church is everywhere in Greece. Religion is being used for political, militaristic and nationalistic purposes.  

"Less nationalistic Turkey" for you means a Turkey who will not defend its rights and interests against anyone especially to Greece. For example Greece wants to expend its sea borders from 6 miles to 10.... Less nationalistic Turkey will reply "Oh my lovely Greek neighbours if you want to do this I will accept. In addition to this you can do whatever you want in my own sea borders". For example in 1974 by the help of Greek military junda which ruled Greece, a military coup has been orginised in Cyprus. They controoled the government and the president of Cyprus had to run away. (He was a Greek Orthodox priest anyway showing how democracy has deep roots in Greek society). This fascist military regime supported by CIA like evey bloody nationalist fascists on the world has started to massacre Turkish minority and claimed that Cyprus will be a part of Greece. Less nationalist Turkey should reply "Oh our lovely Greek neighbours if you want you can take Cyprus and please send Turkish civilian bodies to Turkey to bury them in a more comfortable place. Of course if you do not mind"

Result: "Everything could be more easy"

I dont say that some greeks dont hyperbolize but our schools are controlled by a democratic goverment,military has nothing to do with  it,and  are much more open minded than turkish

No. In Greece we know that there is a systematic misinformation against Turks and Turkey. This is the policy of militaristic fascist minds in Greece in collaboration with Greek Orthodox Church. I am not saying that evey Greeks are like this. But these minds are powerful in Greek bureaucracy and military.

ps:after 12th century byzantines has to cooperate with few turks because byzantine empire was weak,it was a tactik.byzantine empire in some difficult moments gave his daughter to their enemies as a nymph.another dimplomatic tactic...

What are you talking my friend, almost all of the late Byzantine army was formed by foreign troops. Why? Where were the "numerous" Greeks of Byzantine?
If you want to learn the answer, read about Arab invasion of Anatolia and Byzantine - Arab fights and its influences on it.

anyway i understand what you are trying to say but i think it is no useful to open a dialogue with  you since you are so nationalist and fanatic

I do not care. It is your own perception and decision.

seko(no offence) but it is like mixing jumping with flying. greece is not paradise but it doesnt have problems with water or annoying girls(it is a european country noone would whop you because you are wearing bikini on a beach,and there are not beaches separated for man and women),

What does it mean "being a European country?" Does it mean automatically that it is more democratic and modern?

Of course not. In Western Thrace, Turks can not express themselves as Turks. Officially the word of Turk is forbidden.

Just an example of how democratic and respectful to human rights can be a European country like Greece.

This is shameful !!!! Just read below...

"Article 19 of the Greek Citizenship Code (Law 3370 of 1955) was an obvious case of discrimination. It provided that: A person of non-Greek ethnic origin leaving Greece without the intention of returning may be declared as having lost Greek citizenship. This also applies to a person of non-Greek ethnic origin born and domiciled abroad. His minor children living abroad may be declared as having lost Greek citizenship if both their parents or the surviving parent have lost it as well. The Minister of the Interior decides on these matters with the concurring opinion of the Citizenship Council. Article 19 was abolished by a parliamentary voice vote on 11 June 1998, When announcing the governments decision to abolish Article 19, on 23/1/1998, Minister of the Interior Alekos Papadopoulos stated that, since its introduction in 1955, 60,000 Greek citizens had lost their citizenship in application of that article; the large majority were members of the minority in Thrace."

This is an example from a European Union member. It is called Greece....

Moreover what are those European countries doing in Iraq along with USA; such as Denmark, Nederlands, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Poland? They love democracy so much that they are trying to a establish a democratic regime in Iraq. Every day hundreds of people are dying there because of them.

Why European countries should be more democratic? According to them "they are the owner of democracy since they invented it?". Under this mentality there is a hidden racism, which is a real Euro invention. However, if we look at the history Turkey as having a Muslim society has accepted right to vote for women in 1934. What about France for example? The answer is 1944 !! What about the country, Belgium, having the capital of European Union, Brussels? In Belgium, women started to vote in 1946. Even if the realities are written in history, how can you present yourself as if the inventor of democracy and having "deep rooted" democratic traditions and other countries do not know what democracy is? How can you do this by excluding half of the population from voting right until 1946 since they are female? Answer is propaganda. And later they also believe what they are saying !!! This is the danger !!!

What about "land of freedom", the big distrubutor of democracy all over the world; USA? People having black skin could only vote in 1964 !!!!  In some places they took the right to go for education in the universities in the same year 1964 !!! Angry  But they believe that they are the owner of democracy and they represent "free world". They were using this propaganda in cold war era against Soviets. And now they brought a terrible civil war in Iraq killing hundreds of thousands people, making hundreds of thousands disabled ones as well.....     

Consequently, stop talking about nonsense preassumptions such as "we are a European country, so we are democratic, respectful to human rights " etc.....  Democracy and human rights is not in the monopoly of Europe or USA.

Edited by Alparslan - 30-Aug-2006 at 05:33
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 12:13

So take this post of mine as a gesture of fair play. I probably won't do it again since I tend to overlook most of the accusations you throw at Turkey. But this time I wanted to give you some of your own medicine.

U  mix accusation with observation.
Its just a gesture of blind nationalism.I was not surprised,since you are the most nationalist (maybe the only) of the moderators,and you loose your patience so easily..

Moreover for avoiding making yourself silly,try comparing Turkey with other middle eastern countries in terms of sexual freedom and water quality.
Check also WHO site (world health organisation) (www.who.org),
to find out the standards of health of the population in Turkey and other countries.

Just calm down a bit..and dont forget you are a moderator.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 13:17

It wasnt quite "silly" or "funny" for her.Ouch
simply dont come to Turkey if youre scared to get "attacked", every year over millions tourists visits Turkey we wont miss you out there even we'll be glad to not see you out there... so ai sihtir dude
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 14:18
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 14:27
well cappadokia that you live now is certainly turkish

Now, and for the last millenia. But it wasn't totally Greek when Turks arrived, so your nationalists may take your sick epope dreams and masturbate somewhere else.

that's why i am going to stop posting for this thread.

Com'on, can't you dare not to stop?:D I may had stop you anywhere.

speaking with a man that has for avatar the face of kemal

It must be hard for you, but it is definately an honor.

It is like speaking with a german who has for avatar himler.no jews coud do this neither do i....

No, nothing is like speaking to uncle Donald Duck. And you can talk to me, I have nothing against Jews.

dont say that some greeks dont hyperbolize but our schools are controlled by a democratic goverment,

Or by butcher archibishops.
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 17:28
Originally posted by DayI

we wont miss you out there even we'll be glad to not see you out there... so ai sihtir dude

Watch your language .

I could swear you in my language if i was an idiot too.

The fact that there is terrorism,or sexual harassment towards women in Turkey is not solved by swearing members of AE and showing the exact same uncivilized behaviour.

Edited by Digenis - 30-Aug-2006 at 17:30
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 17:38

Do not worry Digenis, no one will rape you in Istanbul.  You are always welcome; just do not wear short and too sexy dress... just as a precaution you know. Turkish guys are known to be always horny. LOL

Edited by bg_turk - 30-Aug-2006 at 17:38
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 17:41

When I was in Selanik with my sister, some guys used to honk their cars. Especially if you walk with a blond Slavic women, that Greeks are known to be dying for, it might be quite uncomfortable.
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 17:45
Originally posted by Bashibozuk

speaking with a man that has for avatar the face of kemal

It must be hard for you, but it is definately an honor.

It is like speaking with a german who has for avatar himler.no jews coud do this neither do i....

No, nothing is like speaking to uncle Donald Duck.

Speaking about cartoons...Smile :

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 17:48
Originally posted by bg_turk

Do not worry Digenis, no one will rape you in Istanbul.  You are always welcome; just do not wear short and too sexy dress... just as a precaution you know. Turkish guys are known to be always horny. LOL

You can sit on my knees if u feel so horny .LOL

Edited by Digenis - 30-Aug-2006 at 17:53
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>