Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Canada succeeded & Argentina failed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Canada succeeded & Argentina failed?
    Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 19:51
Sure, Better thin perodydes that fat blonds LOL

Don't you know Argentine produce better "meat" than Canada? I know by experience Evil Smile

Give a break LOL

Pinguin
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 07:57
Wow this thread degenerated quite quickly.  I think you're taking flyingzone's thesis too personally pinquin.  In relative terms Canada has succeeded in increasing its power in the world over the past century, Argentina's has gone backwards.  It's not as big a difference as comparing Haiti and Dominican Republic but all the same, Argentina started off better than Canada and had its rate of growth kept pace, it ought to have been at least in the G7 by now.  No amount of posting pictures of cheerleaders will negate that.  
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 17:11
Canada was for most of its history nothing more than an overseas province of Britain. Don't tell me that Canada started worst than Argentina. That's ridiculous.
JuMong View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote JuMong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 09:17
The failure of South America is a cultural issue; crime, corruption and lack of emphasis on education.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 13:43
Originally posted by JuMong

The failure of South America is a cultural issue; crime, corruption and lack of emphasis on education.

Sure. In the U.S. there is no corruption at all. Nobody lies and nobody make money but all are quite correct citizens. There isn't people shooting at schools and malls, and all people has a PhD. Wink

Now, what failure are you talking about? We are developing right now, no matter nobody pays attention to the possitive side of the countries of Americas' backyard.

Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 21:06
I am going to lean on some economists speculations on South America that the reason why their business and government institutions are so corrupt is because they are not open enough to the global market. If you look at many Western European countries and Canada and the U.S you see that they are very open with the international markets. If more South American countries become more open in foreign trade that will cause transparency and will in turn help limit corruption.

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 10-Dec-2007 at 21:09
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 21:18
A small problem there. Data is outdated.
It is true that up to the 70s Latin American countries had very close economies and they had the model of replacement of imports.
That's not true anymore. Today, countries like Chile have economies that are more open than the U.S.

Corruption has also descended quite a bit.

There are still problems, though, but the idea that Latin America is doomed because some "genetical" reason is false.

Now, for you, "Ponce", if you don't know, I have to say the following. Peru is doing a good as well. Today is the country in the region that grows faster and that country is embracing a more liberal model. I bet in the long term they will do very well.

Edited by pinguin - 10-Dec-2007 at 21:20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123