Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish words in your language

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish words in your language
    Posted: 30-Jun-2006 at 07:47
So we do not have any complex about the turkish language.

I am not talking a langauge complex(It  is only one face  of many),  I am talking about a  general complex. 
I just want to communicate with other people with the turkish words in their language.Think it is like a game.

dont take it personally. you  are not only  one  who opened this  type of topics.

The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2006 at 09:18
Here are some turkish words in the bulgarian language.

And here are many old(outdated) bulgarian words(a big part of them - with turkish origin).

Alparslan1071 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Alparslan1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2006 at 10:01
Thank you very much for you to join us Chargemaster.
Chargemaster thank you for your help :) the link is cyrlici alphabet .i can read it anyway.Thank you.

Mortaza Kardesim,

We are getting develope day by day and thanks god we work and buy anything we want.Generaly.If i compare Turkey with the neighbours we are better .we do not feel any complex.if we work if we produce something.thats enough.

Ellinas View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ellinas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2006 at 16:56
In Greek: nargiles, lulas, baklavas, tekkes are the worlds coming in my mind first LOL.

(Just put out the "s" to have the Turkish words)
ijjas View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ijjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2006 at 18:01
Sok alma van a zsebemben!
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2006 at 10:57
In Swedish:

kalabalik = crowded, uproar

Edited by bg_turk - 03-Jul-2006 at 10:57
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Alparslan1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 01:53
ijjas,
Sok alma van a zsebemben! what does it mean in hungarian?

Varos means in turkish suburb.Other hungarian words?poa is pie.
Thank you for join us.
ijjas View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ijjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 03:30

Sok alma van a zsebemben means: there are many apples in my pocket.
sok= many
alma =apple
van = is
a = the
zseb = pocket
zsebem = my pocket
zsebemben= in my pocket

Edited by ijjas - 06-Jul-2006 at 03:31
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 03:35
Originally posted by Alparslan1071

Varos means in turkish suburb.
It is interesting. The word vros means town or city and originated from vras [hely] -> [a place] with a castle.

vr = castle
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 05:05

ijjas,
Sok alma van a zsebemben! what does it mean in hungarian?

Sok alma van a zsebemben in hungarian, and it means there are alot of apples in my pocket.

I know that one is Turkish is almost the same, "cok elma var a cebemde"

Turkish and Hungarian both use the "da" or "be" meaning "in" at the end of the word, like:
if i say "In Budapest"  it is "Budapestben" ben meaning "in"
  also for the "mine" , ownership form, we both use  the "m" at the end of the word, such as  mother (in Hungarian): Anya.    My mother - Anyam
Turkish does the same exact thing.

There needs to be far more research between our two languages. The whole "Finno-theory" in relation to Hungarian has been blown away already by linguists since it was a dead issue to begin with relatively that. Despite what some linguists may still think, they dont look at scientific reasoning but more for political. Which is quite sad.
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 06:07
Originally posted by minchickie

There needs to be far more research between our two languages. The whole "Finno-theory" in relation to Hungarian has been blown away already by linguists since it was a dead issue to begin with relatively that. Despite what some linguists may still think, they dont look at scientific reasoning but more for political. Which is quite sad.
On contrary every relevant linguist support the finno-ugric categorization. Only marginal linguists and amateurs say else.
ijjas View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ijjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 12:05
"On contrary every relevant linguist support the finno-ugric categorization. Only marginal linguists and amateurs say else."
    Yes I am an amateur . Usually I can't understand turkish speech, nor the finno-ugrian languages.
But most interesting, in my opinion, our folk music:

http://folkradio.hu/

I would be happy, if you should rccommend such radio station on the net, about your folk music.
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Alparslan1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 00:50
Ok Tongue

Sok=Cok
Alma=Elma
Van=Hungarian addition
a=Hungarian addition
zeb=cep

This is a totally turkis sentence.not a word :) that s great.You use this sentence?What else? I am getting excited.
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Alparslan1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 01:33

That s nice to meet with Hungarian friends.

Five years ago  I've met with an american customer and I got them from the airport for the mmeeting in our factory.My customer came with his wife and they were speaking a different language.But it was really interesting to hear.

I asked them what is that language?Sound of the language not very far way from me.it s not like an engliag or german or spanish.

He said it is hungarian.His family  from Budapeste and they  wnet to usa during the Russian invasion  in 1956.

He remember  Imre Nagy and his primary school years in Budapest.

Anyway with Andy we found a few Hungarian words in Turkish .

Like Pochaor poca .it s a pie.with ncheese or without cheese.

Gyart=yaratmak=To produe
Orvos=Arvaşı,byc=Doctor
Bolcssz=byc,bilgin=scientist
Palank=Palanga=Little Castle
Kocsi=Kocu

I know that most of the turkish words in Hungarian  from the early turkish time.Cuvash and Kipchak turkish words.I beilive that Hungarian and Turkish in same language family.Ural-altay or Fin -Ogur

Mother=Ana,Anne=Anya in hungarian?m is mine? Anam=my mother or
Annem=my mother.

That s nice.

Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 02:54

That s nice to meet with Hungarian friends.

Five years ago  I've met with an american customer and I got them from the airport for the mmeeting in our factory.My customer came with his wife and they were speaking a different language.But it was really interesting to hear.

I asked them what is that language?Sound of the language not very far way from me.it s not like an engliag or german or spanish.

He said it is hungarian.His family  from Budapeste and they  wnet to usa during the Russian invasion  in 1956.

He remember  Imre Nagy and his primary school years in Budapest.

Anyway with Andy we found a few Hungarian words in Turkish .

Like Pochaor poca .it s a pie.with ncheese or without cheese.

Gyart=yaratmak=To produe
Orvos=Arvaşı,byc=Doctor
Bolcssz=byc,bilgin=scientist
Palank=Palanga=Little Castle
Kocsi=Kocu

I know that most of the turkish words in Hungarian  from the early turkish time.Cuvash and Kipchak turkish words.I beilive that Hungarian and Turkish in same language family.Ural-altay or Fin -Ogur

Mother=Ana,Anne=Anya in hungarian?m is mine? Anam=my mother or
Annem=my mother.

That s nice.

Well there is a relevant amount of words with turk origin in Hungarian. Most of these are the legacy of the steppe, but there is few from the Ottoman occupation period. For example: zseb (pocket), dvny (sofa), papucs (slippers), kv (coffee), korbcs (whip).

The word kocsi [szekr] (= [cart] of Kocs (a village)) is also the root of the English word coach.
ijjas View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ijjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 10:14

I think about 50% of hungarian vocabulary is turkish origin, chuvas layer or other (officially 20%). About grammar I can't say anything beqause I'am an amateur. We have a lot of persian words: basar= vasar in hung. And a lot of finno-ugric, german and slav words of corse.

Edited by ijjas - 07-Jul-2006 at 13:20
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 21:48
Originally posted by ijjas

I think about 50% of hungarian vocabulary is turkish origin, chuvas layer or other (officially 20%). About grammar I can't say anything beqause I'am an amateur. We have a lot of persian words: basar= vasar in hung. And a lot of finno-ugric, german and slav words of corse.

I agree with this too.
check out some of these words here:

Let us see examples in Turkish and Hungarian:

elma alma apple ada sziget island
elmam almm my apple adam szigetem my island
elmalarım almim my apples adalarım szigeteim my islands

Ev hz house ocuku gyerek child
evim hzam my house ocuğum gyerekem my child
evlerim hzaim my houses ocuklarım gyerekeim my children

In Turkish the possessive affix for the first person can take the following
forms after a consonant, abiding the vowel harmony with four forms:
-ım/im/m/um

After a vocal : -m

For plural lerim/- larım compound affixes are used, where ler/-lar are plural forms using the sound harmony with two forms, -ım/im are logically the possessive affixes

The vowel harmony or rule with four forms ( the affix vocal is set according to the vocal in the last syllable of the word) :

i type affix after e, i
after ,
ı after a , ı
u after o,u

The sound harmony with two forms:
e after e, i, ,
a after a, ı, o, u

In Hungarian also the vowels can be interconnected through the laws of vowel harmony, the affixes can take two or three forms, usually agree with the last vowel in stem:

a, e (-ban,ben in ) , ((v)al,(v)el with), (ba,be into),(ra-re onto) , (nl,nl at),((v),(v) into a) ,ő (bl,ből from) (tl,től from nearby)
u, (ul,l for ,by) o,e, (hoz,hez,hz to )

Exemples: hz hzban, kocsi kocsiban,mese mesben ,alma almban,vz vzben, film filmben tkr tkrben,kt ktban,

In Hungarian the possessive affix is m, all stems with final a,e are altered in , before most affixes. The oblique stem is an exception : torok (throat) torkom (my throat) gyomor (stomach), gyomrom (my stomach),dal (song) dalom (my song),
In Hungarian two plural are used k : gyerek, gyerekek , the other plural -i is used only with person affixes, gyerekeimet my children, in accusative.

Expressing possession,existence:

Bir kalemim var. Egy tollam van. I have a pen.
Alinin bir kalemi var. Alinak van egy tolla. Ali has a pen.
Zeynepin bir ocuğu var. Zeynepnek egy gyereke van. Zeynep has a child.
Cebimde ok elma var. Zsebemben sok alma van. I have many apples in my pocket.
Cebimde ok kk elma var. Zsebemben sok kicsi alma van. I have many little apples in my pocket.
Kimin kitabı ? Kinek a knyve? Whose book?
Words:
Kim = Ki = Who, ok = sok = many, kk = kicsi = little, bir = egy = one, kalem=toll=pen
Cebi=zseb=pocket

To express that there is something in Turkish the word var is used, in Hungarian van. Also for the expression of possession var in Turkish,van in Hungarian is used.

The possessed noun in Turkish gets the i, ı, ,u (the possessive affix of the third person singular, if the word ends with a consonant the si, sı, s,su ) endings and the possessor the in, ın, n,un if it ends with a consonant otherwise it will be intercaleted n.

Hungarian:
a fi(-nak a) knyv-e
the boy(-DAT DET) book-3SGPOSS
'the boy's book'
The possessor gets the nak/-nek endings of the dative case and the possessed noun gets the possessive affix of the third person singular, if we want to express or stress a definit thing, otherwise the simple form is used: a fi knyv-e

The simmilarity of the personal pronouns.

Kim o? Ki ő ? Who is he/she?

ben n notable simmilarity
sen te
o ő notable simmilarity
biz mi
siz ti
onlar ők notable simmilarity (the third person plural is formed with the use of pluralform from singular)

Also look at the sen te, siz ti forms:
ben>biz n>mi
sen>siz te>ti

The iz form comes up in the turkish affixes for the first and second person plural.
possessive affixes of the first and second person plural
-imiz/ımız/umuz/mz
-iniz/ınız/unuz/nz
verbal affixes of the first and second person plural
-iz/ız/uz/z
- siniz/sınız/sunuz/snz

elmam almm my apple
elmamız almnk our apple

Simmilarity of the question asking particles:
Kim =ki =who Kim o? = Ki ő? Who is he/she? Iyi arkadaşım. Egy j bartom. A good friend of mine.
(iyi=j=good, y stands for the hungarian j)

Kiminle=kivel=with whom
nerede=merre,hol
ne =mi =what? Ne var? Mi van? What is ? Or What is available? What can be found?
ka=hny = how many?

Past tense signs in Turkish: di/dı/d/du
-after , f, h, k, p, s, ş, t: ti/tı/t/tu

In hungarian the sign of past tence is t
geldim = jttem I came
yaptım =csinltam I made
geldik== jttnk We came.
yaptık =csinltunk. We made.
Also the verbal affix -m for the first person singular is the same in hungarian and turkish,the difference is that in Hungarian is used to express a definit thing at present tence.
Thus, there are two first person singular suffixes in the non-past form of the verb : -k is used with an indefinite direct object and -m is used with definite objects. Note that both suffixes also refer to the first person singular noun.

Gazete okuyorum = jsgot olvasok. I read a newspaper.
Gazeteyi okuyorum = Olvasom az jsgot. I read the newspaper.
There are many who think that Hungarian is close to turkish, like Sra Pter
A magyar nyelv eredetrl mskppen : magyar-trk rokon szavak, szkapcsolatok (About the origin of the Hungarian language on the other way )

corvina.bibl.u-szeged.hu/opac?idno=bibKLT00307543

Also there are linguists like Angela Marcantonio who doubt
the existance of the finno-ugric language family
Quote:

Our first conclusion is, therefore, that the existence and uniqueness of
the Finno-Ugric node was n o t established scientifically and beyond doubt in the last decades of the 19 Century, as widely propagated and believed.
Our second conclusion is that, to borrow D. Sinor?s words, ?... Uralic, Altaic,and Uralo-Altaic comparative linguistics should shake themselves free from simplistic ? black and white, yes and no ? solutions? (1988 : 739) and that, therefore, the traditional approach to the Uralic and Altaic studies clearly demands a much needed revision.

www.kirj.ee/esi-l-lu/l37-2-1.pdf

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 23:20
I heard Hungarian is the hardest language to learn (closely followed by Estonian)
Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 16:15
Originally posted by mamikon

I heard Hungarian is the hardest language to learn (closely followed by Estonian)

It's not, when you have a perfect teacher like minchickie....
Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 00:30
tesekkur ederim!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>