Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anatolian Bump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anatolian Bump?
    Posted: 11-Jul-2006 at 15:42
Im no scientist, but unless a land with peoples who have been unencountered for centuries, possibly millenia, I cannot truly believe ESPECIALLY in the cases of France and even moreso Anatolia, which are center travel routes since the beginning of times, thered be such a striking genetic marking that is "only" amoungst a certain group of peoples.
Nonetheless, I am always curious of the "unexplained".
Fortunately thanks to modern technology and science, there can be better explanation in which Id like to attest.
Smile

Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2006 at 15:50
But the problem is nobody wants to research this trait cause it only will get trouble, especially in a country like turkey where different ethnicities live, but if you think logical then you come to the same conlusion as me.
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2006 at 20:42
I dont know what this "bump" is offhand. Ive only heard of it until now on this forum subject. However, the same can be said for people who have "curly hair" or "slanted eyes" and so fourth. If infact there is this pronounced feature, I have no doubt whatsoever that it would demand some kind of scientific study or at the least worthy of mentioning (on a universal level).

My conclusion: If there is a "bump" amoungst Asian peoples (which happen to be those of Turks), it will be found on other peoples as well because there are NO pure race of peoples.
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2006 at 05:25
Good , you have come to the same conclusion as meWink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 08:27
Originally posted by Afsar Beghi

1) Not all people in turkey are mixed (at high rates)2) Its a turkic trait because the people who have it , have one thing in common and thats their turkic ancestry.And for your information all my ancestors are turkicWhen the Huns did move to that valley didnt they mix on the way you think? Your point makes no sense

Afsar Beghi, if all your ancestors are Turkic, you must look like as somebody from Central Asia (Kazakh, Turkmen Kyrgiz etc.) withmongoloid phenotype, is that the case?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 08:29
And btw, I have the bump
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 08:31
stop there kardukhi, I mean only the male ancestors , and I have more similarities with the turkmen in Irak than with kazakhs etc.

And Btw why are you attacking me , cant you take it ?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 08:40
afsar beghi, I don't mean to attack you. Why would I? I was just curious.

To find out more about your male ancestry, try to make Y-DNA test at National Geographic's Genographic project, or at Family Tree DNA www.ftdna.com

p.s. but you should aknowledge that proto-Turks would look like more as Turkmens than modern day Turks. Don't you agree?
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 13:42
my friend , I am certain of my roots and dont want to wast my money on such tests, I have got a family tree of 12 generations.

I agree with you about the proto-turks because Kazaks , uzbeks and so on mixed too much with the mongols, many of my family members got high cheekbones and other mongoloid characteristics but we have no mongoloid appearance.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 12:08
I do not insist, but just a remark: 12 generations is only around 300 years and if we want to trace our deep ancestry we can't avoid deep DNA tests. Without this kind of test I can't beliebe anybody's claim belonging to any group or ethnicity. In your case for example your direct paternal ancestor could be anybody: Turk, Persian, Kurdish, Arab, Mongol, Georgian, Laz, Armenian, Assyrian etc. I don't mean to offend you or something, I just want to make it clear that without careful scientific testing our assumptions could be wrong.
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 14:42
Smileyoure thinking wright but I am from the Halep Deliler Afsari stock, there could be a Persian, Kurdish, Arab, Mongol, Georgian, Laz, Armenian, Assyrian influence but than its from a female, cause the Afshar did not have non-turkish males (maybe some persian). The brides they gave away were not members of the tribe. So I have no doubt. But that DNA test is too expensive and it is not that accurate. You know what first you do a DNA test, and if you like the results I am going to take one tooWink
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 16:27

Smileyoure thinking wright but I am from the Halep Deliler Afsari stock, there could be a Persian, Kurdish, Arab, Mongol, Georgian, Laz, Armenian, Assyrian influence but than its from a female, cause the Afshar did not have non-turkish males (maybe some persian). The brides they gave away were not members of the tribe. So I have no doubt. But that DNA test is too expensive and it is not that accurate. You know what first you do a DNA test, and if you like the results I am going to take one tooWink
100 buck national geographic
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 16:28
kardes , I am from Kayseri, that says enough LOL (ancak enayiler oder o parayi)
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:08

kardes , I am from Kayseri, that says enough LOL (ancak enayiler oder o parayi)
hahah anladimg
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 14:13

youre thinking wright but I am from the Halep Deliler Afsari stock, there could be a Persian, Kurdish, Arab, Mongol, Georgian, Laz, Armenian, Assyrian influence but than its from a female, cause the Afshar did not have non-turkish males (maybe some persian). The brides they gave away were not members of the tribe. So I have no doubt. But that DNA test is too expensive and it is not that accurate. You know what first you do a DNA test, and if you like the results I am going to take one too

Very fascinating, Afshari! I'm sure your DNA data will be very interesting for National Geographic!
Well, as a matter of fact, I have already done the dna test, which proved that my direct paternal line lived in the Caucasus for at least 23000 years. So, if Anatolian bump is indeed Turkic sign, I should have gotten it from some female side:):)
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 17:16
I want to take the test , but it is not so accurate ( I mean that there are no details) , they only tell if you have asian or european genes. If they would give more details I will take the test. And the Bump can be a thing of every ethnic group, they did not much research about it so its hard to tell that it belongs only to turkic people.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 17:38
just take the damn test or are you chickenBig smile
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 18:00
OK message to all my dear forum friends
please send your gifts (min 5 euro) to my account 55656325 on the swiss national bank. It is very important cause I am in a identity crisis.
Thank you allLOLLOL

Ps . I am going to check which one of you was too greedy to send me moneyAngryAngry
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 18:14
How accurate is this DNA testing anyway? For some reason I am having doubts...
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 18:17
Mamikon you are just like me , I also dont trust it and think its a easy way to earn money , cause its not that accurate and reliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>