Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anatolian Bump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anatolian Bump?
    Posted: 18-Jun-2006 at 17:35
hello everyone

I have a question about the anatolian bump (in turkish referred as "Turan Kemigi". Its a bump above the neck.  Most of the turks have it, but I want to know if other "races" besides turks have this?
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 14:59

is it in the skull or on ?

I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 15:10
It is inside of brain, who make people bone brain.
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 17:52
It is a part of the skull, and most turks have it so i am curious if it only appears at Turanoid people (brachycephalic)?
And please dont post nonsense replies if you're not interested
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 20:35
Originally posted by Afsar Beghi

It is a part of the skull, and most turks have it so i am curious if it only appears at Turanoid people (brachycephalic)?
And please dont post nonsense replies if you're not interested
I'm interested, where exactly on the skull is it?  I'm sure I have it, but I never knew to look for it or if it was something only Turanians have.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
T鄄K D逴YASI Forum, join today.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 01:26
Fermamez when you sratch or rub the back of you head abowe the next. Rubb up your hand will feel a bump.

BTW I have that I allways wonderd what that was. What the hell is it
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 02:30
It is not a "Turkic trait" but as the name ascribes an "Anatolian" trait - I have it too.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 04:09
     Ahhh! So thats what the hell this bump in the back of my skull is...I always thought I was dropped as a kid or something LOL

I didn't know it was an Anatolian trait. Thats interesting...does anyone know why its there?

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 20-Jun-2006 at 04:10
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

晛桯 掍梮 掅捸桮 捸桮 掍梮
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 05:54
its a asiatic trait which native americans also have, its not only from anatolian region and its a mongoloid feature. So if you have it you must have some Turkic ancestry 
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 06:10
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Ahhh! So thats what the hell this bump in the back of my skull is...I always thought I was dropped as a kid or something LOL

I didn't know it was an Anatolian trait. Thats interesting...does anyone know why its there?
i have it too, i think its a gift of God LOL
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 06:23

well, armenians, kurds, turks, and native americans have it. I dont think, these says much.

By the way,  I have not:(

Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 06:34
I didnt see any kurds  with it, I have some Kurdish friends and they have no bump. And Anatolian Bump is not the best name for it because the turks had it before they came to anatolia. I found out that "Tuberculum Turcum" is the scientific name for this bump.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 06:38
zagros is kurd, plus I am sure armenians have not  relation with middle asia turks.

I wont  believe that bone thing. Also I made a search about that name and find nothing.
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 06:55
so what you want to say is that native americans (not melungeons) are somehow related to the caucasoid armenians?
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 07:01
Actually I have read that it's origins are from Central Asia, not Anatolia. That is why it is predominant among Turks (descendants of Central Asian tribes) not Armenians, Kurds, or Greeks. But since for a thousand years intermixing has ocurred you would see some Armenians and Kurds especially having the trait. so ArmenianSurvival my friend, unless you really bumped your head somewhere, you are part Turk LOL

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 07:43
thats all nice but I have that bump on my head what is it. I allways thought I was weird okay I'm still weird b ut not for having that bumpBig smile
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 07:55
I found it it's called "Internal occipital protuberance" google for it.
here's a pic
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 10:15
I think thats another thing , cause its just above your neck, its about the size of a fingertip.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 12:07
Originally posted by Zagros

It is not a "Turkic trait" but as the name ascribes an "Anatolian" trait - I have it too.

I've got one, I'm from central asia, and I know I have nothing to do with Anatolia.  Wink

Either make a history or become a history.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 12:11
That's very interesting, I had no knowledge of this before, thanks.

Its also called the "Central Asian Cranial Ridge"

Edited by Bulldog - 20-Jun-2006 at 12:27
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>