Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Honour Killings - the whats, hows and whys...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honour Killings - the whats, hows and whys...
    Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 15:04
I'm glad for the harsh sentences. However, when they say "expelled", where are they expelled to? Another country? Is it the same as "exiled"? Cause I don't want them coming my way! Can you please elaborate? Thanks.    
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 18:06
I havent read the full transcript of the verdicts, but normally "expelled" means you have to leave the country - cant live here anymore after doing their jailtime.
They are free to settle anywhere, just not in Denmark.
They can come visiting, but not to stay. One of them is also prohibited to visit.
The father cannot be expelled as he is a Danish Citizen.

I hope this helped a bit...

Edited by Northman - 01-Mar-2007 at 18:07
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 18:31
Originally posted by morticia

I'm glad for the harsh sentences. However, when they say "expelled", where are they expelled to? Another country? Is it the same as "exiled"? Cause I don't want them coming my way! Can you please elaborate? Thanks.    

That's ridicolous. 10-15 years? That is nothing, these sentences are not reflective of what they did. I expected the court to give them at least 25-50 for this. The shooter only got 14 years. I'm dissapointed that they were so lenient.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456