Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who do Iranians consider closer ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Who do Iranians consider closer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [4.17%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.17%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [37.50%]
0 [0.00%]
12 [50.00%]
1 [4.17%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who do Iranians consider closer ?
    Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 14:35
Who do you (Iranians) consider closer?

(After having experience with creating these kind of polls) Multiple votes are allowed. And please, declare your choice(s).

Thank you.

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 14:51
you forgot the Kurds

Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 15:08
Yes BG Turk, I forgot to mention, It's about nationality, Kurds in Iraq are Iraqis, Kurds in Turkey are Turks and Kurds in Iran are Iranians, Turks and Turkomens in Iran are Iranians as well as Azeris in Iran.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 15:29

There are no closer than Tajiks.

Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 17:48
Why didnt you write Indians in there? :S

edit: 600th post

Edited by Anujkhamar - 11-Jun-2006 at 17:48
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 19:23
I forgot it Unhappy

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 20:56
I think the somewhat inappropiate 'pakis' was perhaps intended to cover that front.
Arrrgh!!"
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 03:04
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

Yes BG Turk, I forgot to mention, It's about nationality, Kurds in Iraq are Iraqis, Kurds in Turkey are Turks and Kurds in Iran are Iranians, Turks and Turkomens in Iran are Iranians as well as Azeris in Iran.

My nationality is Kurdish.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 06:42
your ethnicity is kurdish a nationality is a civilian of a country that has is own goverment sorry . Facts are facts
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 15:03
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

This is sad but fortunately untrue. Tongue
Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 12:44
I've always thought that Tajiks and Afghans were closer to each other than Tajiks and Iranians.
Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 14:44
Culturally, they are as good as Iranian, they have the exact same values and customs too, not to mention language.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 19:01
Bashibozuk,

I am Afghan and I agree that Tajiks share more similarity with people of the republic of Iran.

They share the same language, and their rural culture is more similar to that of rural Iranians.  They have the same literary history as well.

As for Westernized Iranians in the west, they bare little culturally with Tajiks (or Afghans for that matter) who live in the West and the Tajiks (from Afghanistan) would probably get along better with Afghans.  As for Tajiks living in the west, most of them I have met hang with Russian, Uzbeks, and Ukranian people and most of them speak Russian.

In Afghanistan, the Tajiks there, depending on what region, can be more similar to any of the other groups as they intermingle and intermaryy with all the other ethnic groups within Afghanistan.
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2006 at 19:14
Originally posted by Afghanan

Bashibozuk,

I am Afghan and I agree that Tajiks share more similarity with people of the republic of Iran.

They share the same language, and their rural culture is more similar to that of rural Iranians.  They have the same literary history as well.

As for Westernized Iranians in the west, they bare little culturally with Tajiks (or Afghans for that matter) who live in the West and the Tajiks (from Afghanistan) would probably get along better with Afghans.  As for Tajiks living in the west, most of them I have met hang with Russian, Uzbeks, and Ukranian people and most of them speak Russian.

In Afghanistan, the Tajiks there, depending on what region, can be more similar to any of the other groups as they intermingle and intermaryy with all the other ethnic groups within Afghanistan.

It should be noted that there are more Tajiks in Afghanistan than in Tajikistan.  In addition, most Tajiks intermingle frequently with Pashtuns (Afghans), another Iranic group.  Therefore it would imply that the poll is somewhat flawed.  Since many Tajiks like myself are "Afghan"

As a person with Tajiki roots, I can attest that Tajiks from Afghanistan would whole heartedly be closer to Pashtuns in their customs and mannerisms.  Moreover, many areas across Afghanistan, the notion of a Tajik and Pashtun identity are hardly noticeable given that the two groups have intermingled significantly.  Strangely in the West, did many Afghans become cognizant of these two groups wherein before making their exodus, many naturally saw themselves as "Afghan."   I have many Tajiki acquaintances that have married Pashtuns and visa versa.  As a result, bilingualism (Farsi / Pashto) is very common all over Afghanistan.  In fact, in many of his official speeches, Afghan President Karzai switches between the two Iranic languages quite often.

Edited by Ave1 - 22-Jul-2006 at 08:37
"Not one American Christian in a hundred realizes that if he lived in Israel, he would be the victim of official discrimination forced...to carry an identification card" - Joseph Sobran
shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 07:31
tajiks afghans azeries armenians...
Iran parast
 Post Reply Post Reply