Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Children Market in India

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Children Market in India
    Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 08:45

In general, Dalits are not allowed to sit at bus stops; they have to stand and wait until dominant caste people have entered onto the buses. Dalits are also not allowed to sit on the bus seats, even if they are vacant.

Thats nothing, there was a time when their (dalits and tribals) women would have to walk around topless as a mark of caste/untouchability and to this day they are not allowed into mandirs frequented by upper castes. The scale and frequency of police rapes is also high in New Delhi's rural and tribal areas, exceeding one rape a day.  But, more womens rights groups are springing up like the National Women's Commission.

Originally posted by malizai

By the time she was around 20 years old, she was subjected to numerous sexual assaults and turned to a life of crime. She led a gang of robbers - or dacoits - that carried out a series of violent robberies in north and central India.

She was also a product of child slavery, she was sold by her father or uncle to a man in his 50s.  As for Rana, it all comes down to politics, I guarantee you some political party will use him as a candidate down the line but yea honestly he would have done the same whether it were a jat, yadav, gujjar or brahmin in place of Pholan Devi they (rajputs) are a bit crazy about this caste bs in Uttar Pradesh.  Sher Singh Ranas cousin Anuj Pundir was arrested trying to conspire a killing of some Brahmin politician in Roorkee (UP) recently, they must have beaten this guy to pulp in getting that out of him...my guess is the notorious 'tire puncture' technique was used!  LOL

Edited by Rajput - 13-Jun-2006 at 09:20
RajputGirl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 07:43
So if your father is an untouchable then u are also one and so u will remain till you die. This is also the reason why many 'untouchables' chose to opt for another religion like Christianity or something.

Read the scriptures!   Tongue 

Rig Veda 10-92, 10 to 12, Atharva Veda 19-6, 6, Yajurveda 31-11, 13 &
17, Brihadenyaka Upinashad 1-4, 11 to 14 mention as below (summary):

In the beginning, there were only unskilled workers, society did not
flourish. Then came traders and agriculturists but society still did not
flourish. Society finally began to flourish when rulers (kings / elected
presidents), bureaucrats, Armed Forces became a part of society. Thus
came the 4 Varnas of Divine Origin. In this society, a Father could be
an unskilled worker, whereas children could be traders, bureaucrats,
soldiers or preceptors."

I do not understand. We are all born equal.

Bhagavad Gita. 4-13 & 18- 41 to 48 :

The 4
orders (varnas, i.e. "castes) of society are based on duties and not birth. An
egalitarian society should be aimed to achieve and ensure that all the 4 followers of Varna Ashram
serve each other selflessly based on the philosophy of 'Idd Nan Mmam'
(nothing for self-all for society)

The Mahabharata, Anusasana Parva
section CLXIV

All men are equal in respect of their physical organism.
All of them, again, are possessed of souls that are equal
in respect of their nature. When dissolution comes, all else dissolve away. What remains is the inceptive will to achieve Righteousness. 

they (rajputs) are a bit crazy about this caste bs in Uttar Pradesh. 

You sure you aren't one of them? ;)   I take it this is the Sher Singh Rana you were talking about in the previous PM?  

Edited by RajputGirl - 16-Jun-2006 at 07:45
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 11:01
Originally posted by RajputGirl

You sure you aren't one of them? ;)

RajputGirl if you're too open minded your brains will fall out Wink  and as to your question yes i am one of "them" and the apple hasent fallen too far from the tree what can I say its in the blood!

Originally posted by RajputGirl

I take it this is the Sher Singh Rana you were talking about in the previous PM?

Yes it is and let me just clarify that Pholoan Devi killed 21 innocent people including infants, who had nothing whatsoever to do with her rape (which involved 2 thakurs).  A yadav was behind Devi politically.....

RajputGirl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 11:28

Awww...how cute-"My brains will fall out."   LOL

let me just clarify that Pholoan Devi killed 21 innocent people including infants, who had nothing whatsoever to do with her rape (which involved 2 thakurs).  A yadav was behind Devi politically.....

Yeah, I read about that.  I was just clarifying if that was the same guy you were telling me about, or if the names just happened to be coincidental. 
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2006 at 18:47
Actually after thinking about this for some time and looking at one of the sites posted above i saw that caste is not an issue in Gujarat, which confirms what I was saying before. Actually, if you look carefully, its mainly the rich states that has no problem with caste. After all, Gujarat and Maharastra are the two most industrialised states and both of thses arnt on "caste alert!"

So either caste has held back the other states, or it thrives in the other states because they are poorer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12