Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion: Who is the most hostile towards Africans/Blacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion: Who is the most hostile towards Africans/Blacks
    Posted: 21-Nov-2004 at 18:30

Before I say anything, here's a tip to remind every1's unconscious statement and turn it into a subconscious statement (or what Styrbiorn said)

Racism=not only to blacks, but any ethnics

i am just curious. what made you think the Chinese are the most racist? you said it was from your own experience. what was ur experience?

Chinese look racist the way French look racist.  It's hard for some people to understand, but like for many people, there is a perception to hate these egocentric people.  Like hating selfish ones.  French and Chinese are overprouded people- by its richness in culture, history, etc.  That can sometimes lead others to perceive these as egocentric.  Calling them racist begins from that point. 

----

From my experiences, racism exists everywhere .  Just live on with it is the key (and hopefully learn to feel racism as mere joke) to fight back racism. 

Grrr..
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2004 at 19:02
I would say that for what i've been used too, the difference is that vanilla Brits have learned to shut up about their prejedices (not that some of them don't harbour them in private), where as those Indians and Chinese that freely voice the same prejedices them seem to think its different when they do it and will frequently argue that case, which results in the observer thinking that they are more racist as they seem unashamed about it. So it sreally down to visibility.

But how do you even objectivly measure it? Especialy in a climate where every jackass and his dog insists that when he does it its not really racism, but when someone else does it it is.

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 07:08
Racism exists in every country.Now where this phenomenon of xenophobia is in very high levels depends on various factors:Whether the society is open or closed,from one nation's history,from it's culture.Now if the Chinese matter is true that's because of the isolation the big yellow dragon had over the centuries.Now in my country racism exists and it's pretty natural because people do not care about their history,their language,theoritical subjects in general from where they can absorb social education but i do not blaim them because that's a consquence of globalization.Moreover,400 years of Turkish-Islamic occupation,the great Revolution of 1821,the Balkan wars,the I and II WW,the dictatorship of 1967-74 always with the Big Powers above our heads and always being a poor country is not the best ground to accept foreigners easily. 
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 09:45
Originally posted by Cywr

I would say that for what i've been used too, the difference is that
vanilla Brits have learned to shut up about their prejedices (not that
some of them don't harbour them in private), where as those Indians and
Chinese
that freely voice the same prejedices them seem to think its different
when they do it and will frequently argue that case, which results in
the observer thinking that they are more racist as they seem unashamed
about it. So it sreally down to visibility.

But how do you even objectivly measure it? Especialy in a climate where
every jackass and his dog insists that when he does it its not really
racism, but when someone else does it it is.

You hit the nail on the head there.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12