Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New superpower

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Wich one will be the new superpower?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [36.00%]
10 [40.00%]
4 [16.00%]
1 [4.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Scheich View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scheich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New superpower
    Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 16:04
Wich one do you think will be the next superpower?

Edited by Scheich - 07-Jun-2006 at 16:04
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 16:19
china has the resouces and the technology.(and ofcourse the man power Big smile)
As for japan i think that they got more technology then every bidy else but lack "cheap" workers compared with china  these two counrty have come a long way thanks o their discipline.

Those other countries don't have that like those asians do(east asians)
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 18:29
We discuss this once a month. Search for it using the search facilities in the forum and you'll understand what i mean.

I do admit, your list is alot better than some of the ones i have seen.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 20:04
I voted USA ... I think the USA will remain the only superpower for quite a long time to come. 
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 04:28
Why do you think there will be one?
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 05:42
Well i'd have to go with China. In the past i would have gone for India, but i've changed my mind in the las 2 months.

Example:
Situation: China wants to build a huge dam

Result: China Builds a huge Dam

Situation: India wants to raise height of Dam

Result: People running riot asking for better compensation and rehabilitation.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 08:02
why can you only pick one?

China and india are on there way up

russia is rebuilding fast

EU is something of a introverted power
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 09:59
well, i don't think the USA can be the new superpower. it already is. it could be the superpower though
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 10:10

An EU-Russia union, could be a good candidate for the stronger superpower and not so fictional either.

Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 10:10

Before China become a superpower, the EU will be broken to pieces. The damn instituiton is rotten to the core.

Pieinsky View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Pieinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 16:02
Before China become a superpower, the EU will be broken to pieces. The damn instituiton is rotten to the core.#

Highly unlikely, and the EU is not rotten to the core.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 16:33

*ignore this. double post, sorry.*

Edited by Frederick Roger - 08-Jun-2006 at 16:34
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 16:33

It's leader is Portuguese, if that isn't decadence, I don't know what is...

Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 17:52
Originally posted by Frederick Roger

It's leader is Portuguese, if that isn't decadence, I don't know what is...

If you mean presidency, right now President-in-office of the European Council is Austrian Chancellor Wolfgang Schόssel.
The biggest advantage of EU is that all nations from the ''weak'' ones like Portugal, Greece or in the future Slovenia, Croatia to the strong ones like Germany, UK or France, are going to have the presidency of EU for six months. This way EU is not going to become a North-Central European Union, but a union of nations, ideas,cultures of the entire Europe. 

Edited by Giannis - 08-Jun-2006 at 17:55
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 18:05
No, I wasn't refering to that. I was refering to the President of the European Commission.
mico5bei View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mico5bei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 09:04
I would have to say China, they are on theyre way up but it will be along time before they overtake the US. However China's economy is much less stable than the US economy and so is the political situation there.

Russia is rotten to the core, the don't see them ever becoming a super-power again.

As for the rest maybe India could surprise, voting for the US doesn't make sense...its already the superpower and would have to be overtaken, and then overtake the one who overtook it to become a new superpower..haha

A Pan-Arabic state ever becoming a super-power is a joke and the least likely of all. Firstly the Arabs can never agree on any single issue( with the exception of Israel, however even thats changing) and theyre oil will run out soon. Leaving them without a source of revenue and of course with the coming water shortages in the future, the position of US business man courting rich oil sheiks will be completely turned around.
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 07:20
Originally posted by Frederick Roger

Before China become a superpower, the EU will be broken to pieces. The damn instituiton is rotten to the core.

Any more rotten and corrupt than Chinese buerocracy? I mean the EU has style in it's corruption (many years of practice) but China is no bed of roses either. I mean, if you are a politican of any real power  that pretty much guarantees some lying or corruption.
HOMERS HAND View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote HOMERS HAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 08:44
i would have to say brazil will have this new super power i dont know why i haven't thought it out yet ill tell you on tuesday.
love is but one of the paths we cross
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 10:13
It can be a union of Russia, China and India.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 19:12
I think the future is one of spheres of influence than all out military domination, because there will severe competition and proxy conflicts over vital resources. It is therefore inconceivable that there will be superpowers in the traditional sense, it wouldn't be efficient to have one.

India is an impossibility because of regional and political diversity, USA is already one, China a future possibility if it controls the influences of foreign investments to prevent artificial market crashes.

Brazil has done well to produce oil-alternative energy which will be advantageous when things hot up over resources but it has a long way to go to become a superpower.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>