Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBulgarians in Moldova?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulgarians in Moldova?
    Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 07:28
Kircaali Haber reports today that BG foreign minister Ivaylo Kalfin is on an official visit to Moldova.

http://www.kircaalihaber.com/?pid=3&id_news=20

He will meet with Moldovan Foreign minister Andrei Stratan and the leaders of several Bulgarian organizations in Moldova.

The article mentions that there are around 90,000 ethnic Bulgarians in Moldova and there are around 35 schools which teach children in their  Bulgarian mother tongue.

On the other hand, 1 million Turks in Bulgaria do not even have one single school in Turkish ...  We have some miserable 10 mins of Turkish news on the TV, and now ATAKA is proposing even their suspension.

I want education in Turkish in Bulgaria, like that of the Bulgarians in Moldova. We are subjected to a cultural and linguistic genocide.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 07:53
Thanks for the information about Bulgarian in Moldovia.
As this thread however, and the last two lines seem to indicate that, really tries to start yet another discussion about Turks in Bulgaria and we just had a lenghty and exhaustive debate about that very same topic, please see the relevant thead for more info.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply