Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1421 The Year China Discovered the World

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1421 The Year China Discovered the World
    Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 10:30
I was watching a this movie in class today, and I liked it. Here is the URL to it: http://www.1421.tv/ 
Has anyone heard of this?
Here is some more history of this subject:

Edited by The Canadian Guy - 06-Jun-2006 at 10:45
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 12:47
We've already had several discussions on this subject in the East Asia forum.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

The Charioteer View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 21:02
I have 1421 book, both English and Chinese edition. I'm waiting to see Dr Gunner thompson's(which i thought hes online presentation and opinion on 1418 map is persuasive than any critiques at the moment), and Paul Chiasson's work on the "settlement" of Nova Scotia.
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote selam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 06:22
this guy actually is gay !!!! he is tai jian ,which is refered to a male who is doctored and works in the palace of the Queens or king's wives !!!Big smile
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 06:32
Originally posted by selam

this guy actually is gay !!!! he is tai jian ,which is refered to a male who is doctored and works in the palace of the Queens or king's wives !!!Big smile
Not gay more like wimpy, softy with a option of gayness

btw what has this to do with steppe and CA?
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote selam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 06:39
I am talking about ,zhen he ,the guy who is a in charge of discovering the world ,who is mentioned above !!
I don't think  he has something to do   with steppe and CA!!
I just replied on topic !!!
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 09:17
Isn't China in Centeral Asia?
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 09:54
...No, is better the forum "East Asia" Wink
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 09:58
My bad.ConfusedLOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 16:58
Hi everyone!
It looks Zheng Hi was a muslim eunuc and i think he reaches the shores of East Africa(Swahili region) and don`t go beyond.
Sorry the bad english!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2006 at 07:52
a great navigator in Ming dynasty , china.  owning great high status in chinese heart.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2006 at 09:44

for the skeptics, here is a website www.1421exposed.com

also, Paul Chiasson's book is out, titled "The Island of Seven Cities: Where the Chinese Settled When They Discovered North America"

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679314555/qid=1150983663/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/702-3982534-9519230

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2006 at 10:08
There are two good articles in our magazine on the topic.

number deals with the legendary voyage analyses it's truth.

the second looks into chinese society and explains why they gave up naval exploration and grounded Zheng He

Edited by Paul - 22-Jun-2006 at 10:09
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2006 at 23:39

a new book related to this theme is available now, titled "The Asiatic Fathers of America"  by Dr. Hendon M. Harris, Jr.

flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 00:01
The original version was published in 1973. This new (and condensed) version is still not available at Amazon.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 20:41
XueKaiYuan View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote XueKaiYuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 21:47
Can't be true. Zheng He was already old when he reached africa. He couldn't have crossed the atlantic through cape.

Facts about him:
Zheng He took part in peace making missions in vassal kingdoms and allied countries of Ming China. Fore example, he sorted out the feud between Siam and Meleka quite a number of times. He also helped to catch pirates and notorious bandits for other countries in India and Southeast Asia. The farthest he went to was a country with an M in front of its name in East africa. Pardon me for not remembering the name. Zheng He also brought exotic gifts from other countries back to Ming. Eg. Tigers, Giraffe, Bird's nest.

Edited by XueKaiYuan - 25-Aug-2006 at 21:57
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLLLLLOOOLLL!!!
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 21:31
Originally posted by XueKaiYuan

Can't be true. Zheng He was already old when he reached africa. He couldn't have crossed the atlantic through cape.

very good point mentioned,
except the theory says Zhenghe didnt personally led the fleet achieving that.

besides, you should check out the links i've provided.

Edited by The Charioteer - 27-Aug-2006 at 21:32
 Post Reply Post Reply