Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my Time
    Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 10:07
My question is. In witch time and place would you want to live and why?

for instance medieval europe, japan or ancient greece, egypt.
(just examples you can pick any place any time)
or mabey in the futurBig smile

Don't forgett to post why.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 12:19
Medieval Greece, of course.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 12:42
you didn't say why and medieval greece was under ottoman rule(500-1500 middel ages). do you mean ancient( untill 500 ad) greece?
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 13:11

In Italy at the time of renaisance. I'd like to see the passing from the dark ages to the enlighted times of scientific discovery and arts.

Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 18:26
Originally posted by xi_tujue

you didn't say why and medieval greece was under ottoman rule(500-1500 middel ages). do you mean ancient( untill 500 ad) greece?
You should probably look up your statements before you post. Medieval Greece was under Roman or as it's called, Byzantine (in other words Greek) control until the 15th century when the Ottomans conquest occured. There was a slight blip in the 7th century, when most of mainland Greece was occupied by Slavs, but the cities were still under Greek control.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 19:10

I'm sorry your right.My applogies

pegasusdi View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote pegasusdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 19:33
I would prefer the future if i have to chose because i am also curious about what will happen, and i may have a chance for a time machine and become a tmi tourist living in differrent time periods and countries...  i wonder how many differrent clothes i would have to have besides languages... Tongue
imagination sets us free to be what we want to be
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 19:56
I'd like to live in the postwar years, 1945 up to the early 70s.

It was a time of great prosperity, social stability, and probably the best lot that the common individual has ever had in all of history (at least in the West). Even in the developed world, places like Africa, the gap between the West and those countries was much smaller than it is today. Also there was a social atmosphere of increasing tolerance and social progress - things were moving forward, rather than backwards (even 'progressive' trends are now rather regressive, in the sense they tend to be exclusionary rather than inclusionary - the whole advent of the PC phenomena).

All in all it was a very jubilant and optimistic era that held alot of promise.
TURKOGLU_ View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote TURKOGLU_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 00:49
Originally posted by xi_tujue

Maybe he did mean ancient Greece.LOL.
While in custody,Mr.Koksun Selim jumped out of a small window of a rest room on the 6th floor of Suwon Immigration Control Office last February 27 at around 4 a.m.
MigrantOK Phillipines 2006. 4 No.9
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 04:01
Originally posted by pegasusdi

I would prefer the future if i have to chose because i am also curious about what will happen, and i may have a chance for a time machine and become a tmi tourist living in differrent time periods and countries...  i wonder how many differrent clothes i would have to have besides languages... Tongue

Nice oneClapBig smile
Greek Tragedy View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Greek Tragedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 12:01
Ancient Greece maybe around the time they were doing drama theater  classical times or bronze age i dont know. it'll be cool to visit all. or Egypt. or both when Greeks and Egyptians were intermixing. that would be awesome, see what they called themselfs and what they really said, it'll be all be facts instead of what we assume now, dont know whats fact or fiction sometimes, we'll know the truth going back. I love that movie back to the future.. go in a car and go back in time. but be like a ghost so you can watch from the outside though so you wont get killed if you want to see a war. ha. oh and go in and see the alexandria library and watch archemides or socrates talk or work wow.

also i agree the future would be cool. i want to see how the world will end. i always thought humans would be extinct for whatever reason like dinasours by then but the way people are treating this world who knows now.
oh and um see if Atlantis was real. ya that would be ah good thing.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 05:43
Roman Empire, II century AC, in North Africa around Cartaghe, probably a farmer in a property of medium size. Peaceful, prosperous, with my family far from violence.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 13:11
In baghdad before the books got burnt.
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 02:46
It would be nice also to visit the Great Library in Alexandria. Who knows what great manuscripts, could someone find there?
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
mico5bei View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mico5bei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 21:21
the swinging sixties, yeh baby yeh!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 07:18
shall we shag now ore shag later : austin powersBig smile
mico5bei View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mico5bei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 11:37
Powers by name, powers by reputation.
Shagwell by name, shag very well by reputation.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 11:39
ohh behaveBig smile
mico5bei View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mico5bei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 11:51
Get in my belly!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 11:59
It's verry disturbing for you to say that ( accually I don't know what you mean by that mabey a saying in english but with my sick mined who knows??Big smile)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>