Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sutton Hoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Achilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sutton Hoo
    Posted: 31-May-2006 at 12:36
I recently heard from a friend about new discoveries at Sutton Hoo. does anyone know anything about this
Der Erste hat den Tod,
Der Zweite hat die Not,
Der Dritte erst hat Brot.

Fur immer frei und ungeteilt
-always free and undivided-

Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 12:51
Hmm... Sutton Hoo has been excavated since 1939. New discoveries, you say?
Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Achilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 12:56
that is what i heard
Der Erste hat den Tod,
Der Zweite hat die Not,

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:52
Sutton Hoo has never stopped being excavated and is still being excavated today. Every few years an important discovery is made.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 21:21

The most famous of the Sutton Hoo burial-mounds is Mound One (circled gold in the picture above), which was excavated in 1939 and found to contain the remains of an undisturbed treasure laden ship, the funerary vessel of an early seventh-century Wuffing king.  In the burial chamber amidships lay one of the greatest treasure-hoards ever discovered in archaeology, including the gold and cloisonn regalia of a warrior-king, silver feasting equipment, and other wonders

Royal purse lid

Sword belt support

I did a forum search and didn't find anything other than this thread, seeing as how I did not know what sutton hoo was, I thought others might not also.

Celtic Cremation Bowl

Edited by red clay - 31-May-2006 at 21:58
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Achilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 20:39
I figured out what my friend told me. They recently disciovered the body of a nobleman buried atop his horse(the horse was standing btw) this is very important becuase it gives anthropologists, and historians an acurate discription of how they used to ride back then
Der Erste hat den Tod,
Der Zweite hat die Not,

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 21:18

This isn't the discovery you refer to, however it's in the same sector of the excavation.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Achilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 22:46
This is probobly one of my favorite anthropological sites. so much awesome stuff there
Der Erste hat den Tod,
Der Zweite hat die Not,

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 14:25
Hello every body my name is  Omran Feili ,I am born inPushti Koo Luristan ( Now Elam State  in Iran) I live in USA  .I am an expert on Feilies who  are  authantic Lores  been Kordified by the Arabs ,and Sorani Kurds who are themselves are mixture  of  Arabs and Telkiefe Christian ,but a dominant political force in Norty Iraq.They have oblitrated the history and the identies of the feilies .
We must now rebuilt Feili history ,and Culture from the scrach , we will.
Call me let discuss

Edited by omran feili - 11-Jun-2006 at 11:00
Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Achilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 22:56
This was really not the correct place to post this message. can we have a moderator move this reply to a sepperate thread, or perhaps Omran Feili could make a new topic about this hismslef and tell us more about the Feilies
Der Erste hat den Tod,
Der Zweite hat die Not,

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 05:44
Achilles ,

From Omran Feili
   My participations aims was to present informations not been adequetly covered by any source regarding the several millions  nation of the Feili  Lors who reside in Western Iran and most of   the plains of Iraq .
The sole purpose is to enhance Human rights of these people and for sure it  fits the social affairs as related to Iran _ Iraq. Weather their will be peace or  war, Lors will play a decisive role ,but their will be little mentions of them!.
No one grop, or nations has been so badly treated as  the Lors, both by Iraq and Iran .We like to be inserted in Iranian sections thou a lot of Lors of Iraq will be interested too . I want first to succeed in building a correct name .The name is Feili  Lors ,and not fayly,or  faili ,or fayli for that please  refered to  the  Encyclopidia Britanica .Why  I want that ?  To make  it easier to look for infotmations for  a researcher .As of now one do not know is  it under Fayly ,or Faili or this or that ,that the researcher must look for ,    second  to free the Lors  history and culture  from the Kords who have highjacked the Lor history  in order to erradicate it that is bad .Let us see if  I  can go that far.
Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Achilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 10:14
Omran Feili,

I understand what you tryin to do and i think it is a rightuoes and noble cause. however this thread is the correct place to discuss a matter such as this.
Der Erste hat den Tod,
Der Zweite hat die Not,

Post Reply Post Reply