Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Role of Russia in the 21st century

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Role of Russia in the 21st century
    Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 08:18
Russia is economically and militarily progressing, but when that reaches high enough level i wonder, what then? Personally i am keeping my fingers crossed that she (Russia) will become a tolerable neighbour to live next to and give up her nostalgic plans of regaining the old areas that used to be under the czars and commies, either through economical control or direct rule. It seems the best case scenario would be a strengthening Russia who will get a truly democratic ruler afterwards who will set normal diplomatic relations with its neighbours and keep Russia stable.

Im tired of having Russia meddling in our business, it could just stop, let's hope it will happen in the future after Russia has escaped its past.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 09:40

Yes, I too hope Russia allies herself with the West.

Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 17:20

Originally posted by the Bulgarian

Originally posted by Russian

Democracy is agood thing, Russian. [IMG]height=17 alt=Smile src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>It may not be that obvious in the beggining, but you'll like it in time. Russians are pretty unfamiliar with the ways of democracy following centuries of absolutism and decades of Communism. Most of the country's current problems stem from the Russians'...hmm... instinct, if you will, to be comanded. Democracy confuses and scaresthem, because they're not used to thinking for them selves. However, Russians are very bright people, they'll figure it out eventually.

I hope Russia gets back on its feet soon. The Russian people deserve to finally live like deceant, free, civilized people.
Thank you.   [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align=middle>

За ничто, дружок.[IMG]height=17 alt=Smile src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

LOL, or languages are a bit similar, although you have advantage, I can not really understand Bulgarian, you can a little understand Russian,

Putin said that Russia will not do same mistake again, to have military budget, intervening in to affairs of other countries and so on, he said we will steadily build good relations with the west, without any Cold War stuff.

Edited by Russian - 03-Jun-2006 at 17:21
the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 17:34

Democracy is a good thing, Russian. [IMG]height=17 alt=Smile src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle> It may not be that obvious in the beggining, but you'll like it in time. Russians are pretty unfamiliar with the ways of democracy following centuries of absolutism and decades of Communism. Most of the country's current problems stem from the Russians'...hmm... instinct, if you will, to be comanded. Democracy confuses and scares them, because they're not used to thinking for them selves. However, Russians are very bright people, they'll figure it out eventually.

I hope Russia gets back on its feet soon. The Russian people deserve to finally live like deceant, free, civilized people.
Thank you.   [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align=middle>

За ничто, дружок.[IMG]height=17 alt=Smile src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

LOL, or languages are a bit similar, although you have advantage, I can not really understand Bulgarian, you can a little understand Russian,

Putin said that Russia will not do same mistake again, to have military budget, intervening in to affairs of other countries and so on, he said we will steadily build good relations with the west, without any Cold War stuff.

I understand everything in Russian and am able to speak it, although my grammar and accent are sizable.

I was talking about the budget of NATO members, but limiting her military budget would do Russia some good as well. It would be a great idea if these money are redirected into the Russian space program, also healthcare, education, stuff like that.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 21:10
You speak russian, that's cool, lol.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 12:33
It will be interesting to see who becomes President after Putin's final term is up in 2008.  Who seems to be likely to succeed Putin?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 12:49
Whoever Vladimir elects.Wink
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 07:13

Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

Whoever Vladimir elects.

that's RIGHT, he basically said it, lol. And guess what, I will vote for Minister of Defence, Sergey Ivanov, he is considered among the most popular people, and I like him as a minister of defence.

Also, Putin I think will stay in politics, I would want him to stay.

The votes are called not votes "for president" but votes for successor, what does it look like? That's right, TZAR, lol. That's how Russia works, CENTRALIZED POWER, not democracy, it is simply impossible to control such a huge country with democracy, too much corruption will occur, and democracy is the best regime possible for corruption.

Edited by Russian - 09-Jun-2006 at 07:13
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 08:12
Bah, Ivanov is such a propagandist, spewing lies about Estonia and the Baltics to brainwash Russians, i personally dislike him tremendously. He just doesn't want to have peace with us.Shocked
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 20:41

Bah, Ivanov is such a propagandist, spewing lies about Estonia and the Baltics to brainwash Russians, i personally dislike him tremendously. He just doesn't want to have peace with us.

I have NEVER heard him saying anything about baltics, any source about him doing that?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 12:06
Now that i think of it, i might be mistaken. I was thinking of Sergei Lavrov i guess. My bad.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 19:01

Now that i think of it, i might be mistaken. I was thinking of Sergei Lavrov i guess. My bad.

it's all good
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2006 at 12:49
I think Russia will be developing, people will be getting richer and finally it will become a typical western style Democracy for sure with some Russians traditions.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2006 at 22:13
Originally posted by karlos

It will be interesting to see who becomes President after Putin's final term is up in 2008.  Who seems to be likely to succeed Putin?

It will be Sergei Ivanov or Dmitri Medvedev or maybe third person which is currently unknown even in Russia, just like V.Putin was.

But I would love to see Putin changing constitution and granting himself unknown amount of terms.Big smile Guess what could be reaction in the west? LOL
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2006 at 22:47
Originally posted by axeman

Originally posted by karlos

It will be Sergei Ivanov or Dmitri Medvedev or maybe third person which is currently unknown even in Russia, just like V.Putin was.

But I would love to see Putin changing constitution and granting himself unknown amount of terms.Big smile Guess what could be reaction in the west? LOL

Noisy impotence
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 01:11
If it suits the wests interest i'm sure they wouldnt care if Putin changed it. Obviously the west would make a negative statement to please the public. Isnt Sergei Ivonov an ex KGB thug?
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 13:41
"Isnt Sergei Ivonov an ex KGB thug?"

Aren't they all?
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 06:46
I think the problem with Westerners assessing Russia is that they are always inclined to be biased thanks to half a century of Cold War propaganda. Westerners WANT to believe that Russia is corrupt and weak, Westerners are TAUGHT to believe so. This is what makes it difficult for them to assess Russia and they often underestimate her.

Yeah,i remember a low-budget Hollywood movie about the Apocalypse.Americans were in the side of God and corrupted Russians with Satan.....LOL

Well,the truth is that Russia has been in worse situations and survived.For example ,after WWI and the Bolshevik Revolution,Russia was ruined to the ground.Yet it managed to stay alive ,defeat Hitler and become a hyper-power.All that in 70 years.Russia will come back to the "game".

Edited by Spartakus - 18-Jul-2006 at 06:48
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 12:37
Originally posted by Spartakus

I think the problem with Westerners assessing Russia is that they are always inclined to be biased thanks to half a century of Cold War propaganda. Westerners WANT to believe that Russia is corrupt and weak, Westerners are TAUGHT to believe so. This is what makes it difficult for them to assess Russia and they often underestimate her.

Well I am no westerner but Russia actually is corrupt and weak (in ecominic terms, not military of course).

Russia will come back to the "game".

Isn't they already playing the "game". They are in G8.
Hide and seak "democracy" with Westerners and blackmailing neighbouring countries. Lets wait for 2008 and see what happens.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 14:24
The first quote you quoted is Constantine XI's word's .I just quoted them using black letters.Yeah,Russia is playing the game,but not as it was playing it when it was the USSR.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>