Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colin Powell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colin Powell
    Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 13:49
well, few days ago i heard in the news how he commented about the US having no plans to overthrow the regime in Iran, and now i heard he stepped back from his ministry.. do you think there could be a connection? like plans of Bush targeting iran next for example. what do you think?
Mr Bobo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mr Bobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 22:20

I think perhaps he was on the way out already, as Bush is about to reshulflle his top people anyway and powel always looked the odd one out. Mainly cause wasnt as neo-conservative as the rest of em 

but your right, it does make one wonder what could be going on behind the scenes here.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 22:40
Just cannot see the US attacking Iran. Irsraeli stikes yes.

Who needs Powell when you have Rice i guess.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 23:46
I think having half the cabinet resign is about average. There might have been other reasons, but secretary of state is one of the most demanding jobs in the government because of the amount you have to travel.

Clinton's sec. of state resigned when he was reelected.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 11:12
I feel sorry for losing him. I found him one of the few respectable people in the administration. The only real fault that he had was to play along with the faulty intelligence, but I can understand why he did it.

I hope that C. Rice, is appointed to his office, will have the courage of disagreing with Bush, just as Powell did. There are many yes-men in the Cabinet, and a leader needs someone to disagree with him to get a better picture of reality.

Hugo
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 21:31
I feel that its a horrible blow to the US since Powell has left, hopefully Rice will be able to fill his job but I have my resignations (no pun intended).
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply