Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintings You Like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintings You Like
    Posted: 01-Dec-2013 at 19:03
Ollios, I notice the hamsa being included with Umay in the picture about, is that normal?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2013 at 13:01
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Ollios, I notice the hamsa being included with Umay in the picture about, is that normal?

Not related. Maybe it is part of artist's sign. It is new work
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2015 at 15:46
Georg Schuster Woldan, Woman in Contemplation of the Sea

Edited by Don Quixote - 21-Apr-2015 at 15:47
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2015 at 22:21
Today as I look upon my wall in front of me I remember one of my favourite artists Claude Monet. Here we have three I wish to share with you today. Enjoy.

The Boat At Giverny 1887

Water-Lilies 1916

Camille Monet and a child in the artist's garden in Argenteuil 1875

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 28-Oct-2015 at 22:38
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2015 at 12:58
I would love the opportunity to stand in front of Monet's excellent work. It is thought that the vibrancy of his work is due to an eye condition. His paintings have very many aspects that would seem to be showing how light reflects on the colours. This is something the artist might employ if they had trouble focusing on what they are painting. Pure genius. 
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2015 at 16:51
Well if eyes were the prob to become a master. I qual.

Ntl, I have many favs...but 2 recently I recall not because of alleged eroticism or not; but simply because I liked the 'flow'.

Other than that don't give a damn. Either I like em or don't... content and intent didn't matter.

see:

Édouard Manet's "Olympia"

Gustave Courbet's "L'Origine du monde (The Origin of the World)"

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2015 at 18:18
In Philly there is a museum called "The Barnes Foundation". It has the largest and best collection of Impressionist work outside of Europe. I t was, until recently housed in a residential home. You had to be an art student or one of the lucky 30 to get in daily. Last year it moved into a building specifically designed for the collection, which is massive.
If your ever in Philly, don't pass it up.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2015 at 20:26
The Siren, by John William Waterhouse C. 1900

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 13-Dec-2015 at 20:27
ladychristine View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ladychristine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2016 at 02:06
“I dream my painting and I paint my dream.” 
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2017 at 09:38

Study of miss Ethel Warwick, by John William Godward 1898

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 02-Apr-2017 at 09:44
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2017 at 21:28
bump.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2017 at 21:56
Frederic Leighton, The Fisherman and the syren. 1856-1858

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 01-Nov-2017 at 21:57
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2018 at 17:47
Hylas and the Nymphs. 1896. John William Waterhouse 

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 31-Jan-2018 at 17:48
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456