Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintings You Like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintings You Like
    Posted: 21-Oct-2012 at 09:20
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2013 at 22:12
Just found these beautiful paintings, by a Russian artist called Victor Nizovtsev.

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2013 at 11:24
I was lucky enough to come across a site with many artists I've not experienced before, like the one above. Here is another one.

Kevin Beilfuss

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2013 at 23:44

girl with wavy hair, by Jim Warren

What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2013 at 03:36
Alphonse Mucha "Reverie"
Evening reverie (nocturnal slumber) - Alphonse Mucha
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2013 at 19:29
This is called On the beach, by Harry Holland.

What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 00:14
Love this picture, which I found earlier while on Facebook. Along with this great picture were these words: "If we all could see the world through the eyes of a child we would see the magic in everything." Mmmmmm, I close my eyes and I imagine baby dragons. Smile

Inside of me now there's this bit of me wanting that magic.

OK, this picture is by an artist called Gale Franey, and it is called, Friends and Acquaintances.

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2013 at 22:48
Spirit Lover by Lori Higgins

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2013 at 17:53
I'm a big fan of Doolittle:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2013 at 22:32
A Mermaid by John William Waterhouse, 1901

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 23-Sep-2013 at 22:33
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2013 at 22:08
Two paintings of Lamia here. First one titled Lamia, by Herbert James Draper, called simply, "Lamia". Then the second, another painting by John William Waterhouse, entitled, "Lamia and the soldier".

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 28-Sep-2013 at 22:09
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2013 at 22:49
A virtual tour of 18 rooms in the National Gallery, with picture enlargement http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/visiting/virtualtour/#/room-43/

Edited by Don Quixote - 14-Nov-2013 at 22:51
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2013 at 23:17

[/URL]
Daniel F. Gerhartz 1965 "Crescent Cradle"

Edited by Don Quixote - 14-Nov-2013 at 23:39
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2013 at 21:15
Some lovely fantasy art fairies.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 15-Nov-2013 at 21:19
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2013 at 03:41
hmmn, all the painting seem to be nude girls......... i wonder why

File:The Scream.jpg

Edited by Toltec - 17-Nov-2013 at 03:45
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2013 at 06:56
Originally posted by Toltec

hmmn, all the painting seem to be nude girls......... i wonder why?
All the paintings seem to be nude girls, really Toltec? Personally, of the ones I have posted, which just happen to contain aspects of nudity, my belief is that the artists painted them that way. Smile

(Sorry, Toltec, not something that I become uncontrollably sexually aroused over thoughts of) - The Alani Dragon Smile 
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2013 at 07:14
Nice pieces, Toltec. Love Lowry, and Britain at play, and Our Town, are of the type of his that I favour. Dynamic, but also capturing an essence of the lives of the workers, and maybe at times showing bits and pieces of the lighter side. Was your choice of Munch's The Scream a commentary on the lives and conditions of the people on Lowry's paintings?

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 17-Nov-2013 at 07:15
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2013 at 23:46
Ophelia by Sir John Everett Millais

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 18-Nov-2013 at 23:46
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2013 at 22:02
A couple of paintings by the Polish artist Jaroslaw Kukowski from his Dreams collection. 

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 19-Nov-2013 at 22:04
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2013 at 14:08

Turkic Goddess Umay, protector of children and who gives their soul
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>