Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Are Turks caucasoid or mongoloid
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [25.58%]
5 [11.63%]
8 [18.60%]
1 [2.33%]
18 [41.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turks
    Posted: 28-May-2006 at 12:50
From what ive seen about the place i would probably classify them as caucasoid as of present, they dont look mongoloid. In another thread they say feel closer to Iranians and Leonidas (the proud Greek who doesnt like anglos) regards them as mediterraneans.

Without sounding like a fool i would say some some Turks are silly when they talk of these mongoloids with pride (atilla), when they arent even the same race. Say for example some Persians or Vikings settled in Japan or Africa then mixing with the natives taking on their characteristics and then imagine Africans or Japanese thinking they are Persians or scandanavians. In my eyes its ridiculous. Theyre national hero has Blonde haor and Blue eyes, Ataturk definately is not Mongoloid.

Edited by machine - 28-May-2006 at 12:52
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 22:57
If the question meant to be the original Turks, then I'd say they were Caucasoid. That's why I voted for it.

Present day Turkic people (even as early as Hunnic period), mainly Turanoid, with some exceptions.

Edited by barbar - 29-May-2006 at 23:03
Either make a history or become a history.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 23:02
By the way, the history of Turkic people were much earlier than Atilla time. He was Turanoid, due to the close contact with the Mongolic tribes in the steppe before migration. There isn't any silliness in feeling proud of his deeds.
Either make a history or become a history.
wefone90 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote wefone90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 12:14
[QUOTE=The Charioteer] Camel was called "tuo tuo" during the Han-dynasty.

from description of Xiong Nu in the Han shu, tuotuo is one of the "rare domestic animal" that the Xiong Nu possess.
Its recorded in the Han Shu that during emperor Wen di's reign, Xiong Nu chief presented a tuo tuo to the Han emperor. During the successor of Wen di, emperor Jing di's period, there were royal enclosed animal preserve that contain the tuo tuo.(camel)...
[QUOTE]

I don't know why do you give me such information, we're talking about the Gok Turk, not some campaigns or one or two tributes.

Edited by wefone90 - 30-May-2006 at 12:16
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 16:13
Originally posted by selam

Originally posted by xi_tujue

see i don't have a problem with you posting about the poll it's your point of view it's all good bro but I wanted know about the ancient Turks did they come from europe(the west) to asia or the other way around cuz I keep hearing different theories. I personally think Siberia Yenisay basin.

It's all good

btw what about anatolian, azeri tatar and meskh's
(how much we mix and change eyes don't lie almond shaped I think?)Big smile
 what about youself ??? maybe you can put up your pic,let's see if you are caucasion ,dude !!!! Wink
f

A bit late but what the hey

btw I know I need to get a haircutBig smile

Edited by xi_tujue - 30-May-2006 at 16:13
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 16:48
what is your hometown(at turkey)?
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 16:48
Agri but We're from ahiska

BTW why?

Edited by xi_tujue - 30-May-2006 at 16:49
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 16:51
Well you are dark like eastern people, but of course If you are as dark as picture.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 16:52
no I'm not that dark accualy it's (tanningBig smile)

I don't think turks had verry light skin like the chinese or japanese.

Mongols and turks were allways darker no?

Edited by xi_tujue - 30-May-2006 at 16:57
The Charioteer View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 23:15
Originally posted by wefone90

I don't know why do you give me such information, we're talking about the Gok Turk, not some campaigns or one or two tributes. 

You asked Seko for primary source on the issue of Han import of camel.
I think archaeological discoveries that i've provided answered that. As correlated with record from Han Shu that Han probably imported them via either XiongNu or central Asia.

Edited by The Charioteer - 30-May-2006 at 23:16
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote selam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 00:24

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so sorry .dude , you are middle eastern like arab ,or whatever ,but definitely you are not caucasion !!!!Tongue

Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 04:12

As a northen Chinese, i do have a light skin, infact, my skin is lighter than most of the Chinese girls. that goes same with my elder brother.
however, our parents are actually "darker", my cousin is so dark, that when he came back to homevillage from America, most of the villagers think hes an AfricanConfused
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 06:20
Originally posted by The Charioteer

As a northen Chinese, i do have a light skin, infact, my skin is lighter than most of the Chinese girls. that goes same with my elder brother.
however, our parents are actually "darker", my cousin is so dark, that when he came back to homevillage from America, most of the villagers think hes an AfricanConfused
Hmmm, at home i have the "darkest" skincolor :D With darkest i mean i have a "yellowish" skincolor, whasnt that a typical "option" of Mongolid or whatever people? My mom-side is "y顤k" => Turkish nomad and she has such skincolor.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 06:28
Originally posted by selam

[/QUOTE]

so sorry .dude , you are middle eastern like arab ,or whatever ,but definitely you are not caucasion !!!!Tongue

[/QUOTE]

I never said that I'm caucasion and what defines caucasion skin color ahah no ( half my family is blonde and half are dark could anyone explain)
my motherside is mostly blondish but not realblonde blonde dark or light brown(blue and green eyes) My fathers side is a bit darker but also blue and green eyes are common( And I think thats not the case with middle eastern people or is it?)

Btw both families originate from the caucasus (meshk turks)

Edited by xi_tujue - 31-May-2006 at 11:51
wefone90 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote wefone90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:09

I think archaeological discoveries that i've provided answered that. As correlated with record from Han Shu that Han probablyimported them via either XiongNu or central Asia.

Actually I mentioned about the Gok Turk originally not XiongNu, whether the discoveries that you provided correlate with primary sources or otherwise, still obscure the issue of what I was talking about.

Edited by wefone90 - 31-May-2006 at 13:09
wefone90 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote wefone90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:14
Originally posted by DayI

Hmmm, at home i have the "darkest" skincolor :D With darkest i mean i have a "yellowish" skincolor, whasnt that a typical "option" of Mongolid or whatever people? My mom-side is "y顤k" => Turkish nomad and she has such skincolor.

If you had been to some large cites in China, such as shenzhen you will found out that most of them are consisted of highly non-local distribution from the north, I had a several friends from Jilin works over there.

Edited by wefone90 - 31-May-2006 at 13:24
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:27

Originally posted by DayI

If you had been to some large cites in China, such as shenzhen you will found out that most of them are consisted of highly non-local distribution from the north, I had a several friends from Jilin works over there.

hmmm, what the lession i should take of this?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 02:19
they are mix of alpins and asiatic indians alpins
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 17:51

Actually I mentioned about the Gok Turk originally not XiongNu, whether the discoveries that you provided correlate with primary sources or otherwise, still obscure the issue of what I was talking about

then you are absent-minded

Actually no, none of the sources had suggested the Han have imported camels from the Hsiung-nu nor did the Gok Turks, hunted and fought on camelback, at least not that I'm aware of.
wefone90 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote wefone90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 20:15

I think archaeological discoveries that i've provided answered that. As correlated with record from Han Shu that Han probablyimported them via either XiongNu or central Asia.

Take a look at what you said, before getting too excited.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>