Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAncient History - is this true?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Onkel_Wowa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient History - is this true?
    Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 02:05

"..Why don't you comment? So far everyone else has given their views, how about you Onkel?Smile  ..."

I read, Fomenko's "History of Russia" and found it interesting. His conclusions, that there was no Tatar-Mongol rule, simple because, no document in any Turk language was found in Russia and that 300 years Tatar-Mongol's yoke was a propaganda hoax, sound convincing.
His statistical frequency methods are very simple. Every student can check
them. If he made a mistake, claiming that the ancient history of Rome is overwritten from the middle age history of Rome, it is easy to find out.
Did somebody do it?
And articles, that ancient history was, probably, written in the middle ages
 i read bevore i heard about Fomenko.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 11:33
Originally posted by Onkel_Wowa

"..Why don't you comment? So far everyone else has given their views, how about you Onkel?Smile  ..."

I read, Fomenko's "History of Russia" and found it interesting. His conclusions, that there was no Tatar-Mongol rule, simple because, no document in any Turk language was found in Russia and that 300 years Tatar-Mongol's yoke was a propaganda hoax, sound convincing.
His statistical frequency methods are very simple. Every student can check
them. If he made a mistake, claiming that the ancient history of Rome is overwritten from the middle age history of Rome, it is easy to find out.
Did somebody do it?
And articles, that ancient history was, probably, written in the middle ages
 i read bevore i heard about Fomenko.

So, what about all of the archaeological evidence and the Ceramic [pottery] time lines, we just ignore all of that I guess. Confused
Onkel, you keep asking if anyone has checked this or that source or whatever.  You are challenging what we believe to be the accepted truth. I feel, that it's your task to present any case to the otherwise.  Should you choose to do this remember one very important thing, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.Smile

Edited by red clay - 10-Jun-2006 at 20:02
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 11:08

[/QUOTE]
 So, what about all of the archaeological evidence and the Ceramic [pottery] time lines, we just ignore all of that I guess. Confused
Onkel, you keep asking if anyone has checked this or that source or whatever.  You are challenging what we believe to be the accepted truth. I feel, that it's your task to present any case to the otherwise.  Should you choose to do this remember one very important thing, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.Smile

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, i didn't know that Fomenko was extraordinary. I am not an expert in archeology and do not want to insult somebody's believe. But, some things look really strange for me. Why christianity came in West and East Europe not at the same time, but with difference about a thousand years?
According to Fomenko, it was not possible.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 15:04

But, some things look really strange for me. Why christianity came in West and East Europe not at the same time, but with difference about a thousand years?
According to Fomenko, it was not possible.

Who said that??? ConfusedConfused You should get better information my friend, don't more Fomenko.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 16:27
With all due respect, I think Fomenko's work is a load of hogwash.

For example:

...despite the fact that all political entities around the Blue Horde recognized its existence; that travelers from europe went to Russia and conversed with the Mongol Khan; fact that Byzantine records even trace involvement with the Golden Horde's royal family; that muslim travelers left descriptions of the Golden Horde in Russia.

But, some things look really strange for me. Why christianity came in West and East Europe not at the same time, but with difference about a thousand years?

That's actually quite fast. Many religions don't even make it out of the original hometown. How long did it take for egyptian religion to reach eastern europe?

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 11-Jun-2006 at 16:30
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 00:59
I am not an expert in archeology and do not want to insult somebody's believe. But, some things look really strange for me. Why christianity came in West and East Europe not at the same time, but with difference about a thousand years?

errr....
They were both Christianized during Roman times. Or do you mean Central Northern...
No even that was only 600 years later maximum

What are you talking about?
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 01:36

They were both Christianized during Roman times. Or do you mean Central Northern...
No even that was only 600 years later maximum

What are you talking about?
[/QUOTE]
 Babtizing of Russia started in Kiev in 988.
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 01:47

"...despite the fact that all political entities around the Blue Horde recognized its existence; that travelers from europe went to Russia and conversed with the Mongol Khan; fact that Byzantine records even trace involvement with the Golden Horde's royal family; that muslim travelers left descriptions of the Golden Horde in Russia."

They visited Russians and spoke to them, but gave them different names.
Similar: Allemand, Deutsch, Germans, Nemcy - mean the same.

" ..That's actually quite fast. Many religions don't even make it out of the original hometown. How long did it take for egyptian religion to reach eastern europe?"

But, the egiptian religion did not reach West Europe as well. Equal result.
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 02:01

Yes, and western Europe wasn't Christian till 400 AD ish.
The only christians in the first centuary were the Palestinians and they're neighbours
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 10:07
They visited Russians and spoke to them, but gave them different names.Similar: Allemand, Deutsch, Germans, Nemcy - mean the same.

Sometimes, people here claim that Mongols are Turkic (no offense), but this is the first time I've heard that Mongols were Russian, or that Russians were Mongols. LOL

P.S. Actually christianity came to both eastern europe and western europe at about the same time because the Roman empire spanned both areas. I have no idea where he got that idea of "1000 years separation."

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 12-Jun-2006 at 10:11
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 10:26
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

They visited Russians and spoke to them, but gave them different names.Similar: Allemand, Deutsch, Germans, Nemcy - mean the same.

Sometimes, people here claim that Mongols are Turkic (no offense), but this is the first time I've heard that Mongols were Russian, or that Russians were Mongols. LOL

P.S. Actually christianity came to both eastern europe and western europe at about the same time because the Roman empire spanned both areas. I have no idea where he got that idea of "1000 years separation."

If Mongols were Turks they would write Turk as well. But only document in official church-slavic are found in Russia. 
The cristianity came at the same time to West and East Europe. That is what Fomenko tryed to prove.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 11:26
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Yes, and western Europe wasn't Christian till 400 AD ish.
The only christians in the first centuary were the Palestinians and they're neighbours

Russia isn't the whole of Eastern Europe. In fact the first translation of the bible authorised by the Pope into a language other than the classical ones was into Slavonic (Moravian?).

Christianity initially spread westward through the Empire, then northward in both the east and the west, the last areas to be Christianised actually being in the north around the Baltic. It reached Sweden in the ninth century, but the Norse religion hung on there, and Sweden didn't get its first archbishop until the 12th century - more or less the same time as the first one in Novgorod and well after the first ones in Poland and Kiev.

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 16:15

"...despite the fact that all political entities around the Blue Horde recognized its existence; that travelers from europe went to Russia and conversed with the Mongol Khan; fact that Byzantine records even trace involvement with the Golden Horde's royal family; that muslim travelers left descriptions of the Golden Horde in Russia."

They visited Russians and spoke to them, but gave them different names.
Similar: Allemand, Deutsch, Germans, Nemcy - mean the same.

" ..That's actually quite fast. Many religions don't even make it out of the original hometown. How long did it take for egyptian religion to reach eastern europe?"

But, the egiptian religion did not reach West Europe as well. Equal result.

Actually, a religion which had an Egyptian origin, the Isian cult, not only reached Western Europe but was very important in the 2nd to the 4th centuries.

As far as the Russians are concerned, the accounts of the Western Europeans, the Arabs and the Byzantines are all quite clear in drawing a difference between Slavic and Turkic people. 

The Christianization of Eastern Europe is well documented. From its early beginnings in Greece and the rest of the Balkans in the 2nd to the 4th centuries, the gradual conversion of the local hellenized population in the 4th to the 6th centuries, the christianization of the Southern Slavs (Bulgarians, Serbs and Croats) in the 8th and 9th centuries (that is 2 to 3 centuries after their initial invasion), to the conversion of the Russians in the 10th century. It is all a gradual and logical progression. There's also examples of christianization occuring quite late in Western Europe as well. Friesland for instance was pagan until the 9th century. Scandinavia, Wales, Scotland, Cornwall, Moravia... They were all christanized quite late, contemporary in many cases with areas in Eastern Europe.

Fomenko attempts to make these extraordinary claims, but usually has little to back it up except scorn and denial for all the methods that historians use. HE uses flawed data consisting of incomplete or inaccurate ruler lists to show how certain empires are apparently one and the same. He refuses to accept all methods of dating, ranging from C14-dating, to dendrology, to earth layer dating, etc. as inaccurate, but doesn't offer any other tool as an option, except for speculation. He ignores the great mass of documents as fiction, even when they come from drastically different times and places... It's a wonder anyone takes him seriously.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 16:20

If Mongols were Turks they would write Turk as well. But only document in official church-slavic are found in Russia. 
The cristianity came at the same time to West and East Europe. That is what Fomenko tryed to prove.
[/QUOTE

Turks and Mongols were not Christian during the middle ages, so I see no reason why they would ever write in Old Church Slavonic. Also, much like other steppe Empires, Mongols and Turks had very little literary tradition when they lived in steppe areas

Turks and Mongols were not Christian during the middle ages, so I see no reason why they would ever write in Old Church Slavonic. Also, much like other steppe Empires, Mongols and Turks had very little literary tradition when they lived in steppe areas, such as Russia. It is usually when they conquered civilized areas such as China, Persia or the Fertile Crescent that they developed a literary tradition of their own.

Edited by Decebal - 12-Jun-2006 at 16:21
Napoleon Bonaparte

Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 17:21
Originally posted by Decebal

Turks and Mongols were not Christian during the middle ages, so I see no reason why they would ever write in Old Church Slavonic. Also, much like other steppe Empires, Mongols and Turks had very little literary tradition when they lived in steppe areas, such as Russia. It is usually when they conquered civilized areas such as China, Persia or the Fertile Crescent that they developed a literary tradition of their own.
[/QUOTE

Do You think, it was possible to control Russia for 300 years without any paperwork?
Anyway, Fomenko's point of view looks more plausible. Tatar-Mongols were invented in 17th century when Romanovs came to power and an excuse was needed.
Afterwards they were widely used in Russia for "patriotic education".

Do You think, it was possible to control Russia for 300 years without any paperwork?
Anyway, Fomenko's point of view looks more plausible. Tatar-Mongols were invented in 17th century when Romanovs came to power and an excuse was needed.
Afterwards they were widely used in Russia for "patriotic education".
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 17:31

Yes, sure it's possible to control Russia for 300 years without any paperwork. It was still the Russians who had to administer the lands, which they did using a feudal system (which doesn't really require much paperwork). The Mongols simply asked for tribute, and raided when the money that they asked for wasn't forthcoming. Don't get me wrong, the Mongols were not completely illiterate: their courts used the Arabic alphabet. But they didn't need the paperwork of later national countries.

I don't really see how Formenko's explanation is more plausible. What about the archeological evidence? The mention of the Mongols in Russia in contemporary European, Arabic, Byzantine and Persian sources? The way that the  history of the Mongols in Russia ties in so well with the great Mongol invasions of the 13th century all across Asia and Eastern Europe? The existence of modern Turkic and Mongolian people in European Russia? The fact that by the time of the early Romanovs, the old people would have still been old enough to remember the late Mongol states? There's simply too many problems with this...

Napoleon Bonaparte

Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 17:44
Sorry, never heard that any court in Russia ever used Arabic language.
Could You comment it, please?
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 21:13
Onkel. How do you explain all the Russians with east asian eyes?
Have you ever heard of the tartars? The Tartar-mongol yoke certainly existed. Why don't you fly to Kazan and ask modern day Tartars about it? Oh, but maybe Kazan isn't actually under a Russian yoke now, and the whole russian empire thing is a myth.
What do you think Russia was doing in those 300 years?
If Russia was never conqured by Mongols, how did they ever get to vienna?

Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 04:47
Sorry, only minority of Russians have the "asian eyes". Tartars themself are about 4% of all popullation of Russia. Word "yoke" used widely for propaganda purposes. There was no yoke in Russia in the Middle ages, and there is no yoke now. Russia is multinational. For thousand years people learned how to live in peace  there. Never heard about any problems in relatioship between Tartars and other nations living in Kazan area or somewhere else in Russia.
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 09:02

Sorry, never heard that any court in Russia ever used Arabic language.
Could You comment it, please?

I did not say Arabic language, I said Arabic script, alphabet, that the Islamized Tatars used.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>