Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Independent Montenegro's first act: Slam Serbia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Independent Montenegro's first act: Slam Serbia
    Posted: 22-May-2006 at 00:55
[RUMOR: I've not yet seen any official story about this, but I'll share it anyway]

The government of newly-independent Montenegro is counting, among its very first actions, the construction of a monument designed to piss off Serbia.

The monument will celebrate the heroes of a Montenegrin uprising following WWI. After the Great War, Montenegro was incorporated into the first Yugoslavia - against the wishes of a significant portion of Montenegro's population (most outside sources even say a majority). Montenegrin nationalists led a guerilla war against Yugoslavia, but mainly against Serbia, from 1918 until 1925.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 04:55
Montenegro's second act: Give all the countries of the former Yugoslavia top points in next year's Eurovision Song Contest.

Edited by Komnenos - 22-May-2006 at 04:56
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 04:56
Is Montenegro already independent then?
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 14:08
Oh they would dare.........we will see, hehe.
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 18:52
Originally posted by Mila

[RUMOR: I've not yet seen any official story about this, but I'll share it anyway]

The government of newly-independent Montenegro is counting, among its very first actions, the construction of a monument designed to piss off Serbia.

The monument will celebrate the heroes of a Montenegrin uprising following WWI. After the Great War, Montenegro was incorporated into the first Yugoslavia - against the wishes of a significant portion of Montenegro's population (most outside sources even say a majority). Montenegrin nationalists led a guerilla war against Yugoslavia, but mainly against Serbia, from 1918 until 1925.

That's rubbish. what significant portion?There was only about 6000 officers that were exiled to italy after WWI...that's just propaganda talk...
"It's better to be a billionair for a lifetime then to live in poverty for a week"
               Bob Rock
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 20:01
How did the war end in 1925?

BTW 6000 officiers in exile sounds quite a lot for a country that have nowadays under one million inhabitants.
I am a free donkey!
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 06:43
  1. nobody in Serbia will be provoced by such a monument. Theyre free to do whatever they like...i mean-there wasnt a single incindent between Serbia and Montenegro concerning this referendum and why should it be ?
  2. What kind of country is that where 45 % of its people dont want it to be independent ? if u did the same referendum among Basques and Kurds-they wouldnt say yes with just 55 % of their votes...if u know what i mean. And what kind of democracy is when citizens of Montenegro living more then 2 years in Serbia arent allowed to vote-and 2000 Albanians with Montenegrin citizenship are brought all the way from US just to vote for independence?
  3. Its absolutely not in Montenegros interests to slam Serbia-and theyre fully aware of it. Theyre saying were like two bros now each geting what belongs to him and their politicians and common citizens are saying Serbias the closest kin theyve got and are claiming were most welcome in Montenegro.

Heres a great article from The Independent-itll show u a much clearer picture of Montenegro and the entire region-just a specimen to get u started:

''...The leader of the country is a musclebound character in a chalk-stripe suit who has been a Communist and an apostle of Serbian expansionism and is now a Montenegrin nationalist. Today he mutters angrily about Serbian "meddling".

In reality (according to the testimony of an Italian gangster) he is a big-time cigarette smuggler. But he is not the only bad hat in town: the Russians are coming! They have bought the country's only factory and huge strips of the beautiful coastline.

It is a country out of comic opera or a period cartoon, with a population one-tenth the size of London..."

Appearantly Mila, youve got nothing to look forward to...although im pretty sure it wont stop you bashing Serbia.

Maharbbal:

Montenegro was never under Serbias occupation in the sense of N.Ireland and English. Montenegrins were always more Serbian then Serbs from Serbia- Milosevic was a Montenegrin- and so is one of the most wanted men in the world Radovan Karadzic; and many other Serbian war lords from the 90s.

And there wasn't any warbetween Serbia and Montenegro...

Edited by Socrates - 29-May-2006 at 06:48
"It's better to be a billionair for a lifetime then to live in poverty for a week"
               Bob Rock
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 09:08
"Appearantly Mila, youve got nothing to look forward to...although im pretty sure it wont stop you bashing Serbia."

Okay...
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 05:58
Well, that's all u can say - since u know i'm right...
               Bob Rock
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 01:24
Damn i cant write again,...my mouse sliped and i erased my post,.....damn

Ok so,.......short and to the point.

Croatia is MN new favorite naigbour.I dont need to proove that,do i?

I also had a few jokes....i cant write im sorry and your glad ,..lol
(E Sokrate-znam da nista ne znas,.....ahha ha brate,veruj mi,mislim!?! da znam o cemu pricam)

If its gona please Croatia then o yeah,they are gona do it,do whatever it takes but i have a feeling that Croatia itself is  geting ready for a shotgun wedding with.................................................you guessed it,with Serbia(oh fate oh destiny,......and Daddy who is holding the sawed-off is the EU)

for Mila:sawed-off=shotgun
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 04:37
Girl you are obsessed with Serbia...Big smile
Calm down the war is over.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 17:53
LOL, i agree difenis.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 11:33

Indipendent Montenegro's first act will be the proclaim of indipendence. The second will be proclaiming the form of govrnment.

And there is no reason in saying that Montenegro will slam Serbia. It would be like saying that San Marino will slam Italy or Montecarlo will salm France, or Andorra - Spain.
The montenegrines are serbians, they have a specific history, but the are and they consider themselves serbian. But even if they were from another ethnicity, there is no sense. Serbia will be their biggest neighbour, and they better keep god relations with it.
I don't believe there will ever be problems between the two states.
In my opinion, the splitting in two new states is a good action, politically talking. Montenegro, in my opinion, will be the first country to enter the EU, together with croatia. And for serbia it will be more easy to concentrate in its economy and integration.
Prej heshtjes...!
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 11:47
Originally posted by Arbr Z

Indipendent Montenegro's first act will be the proclaim of indipendence. The second will be proclaiming the form of govrnment.

And there is no reason in saying that Montenegro will slam Serbia. It would be like saying that San Marino will slam Italy or Montecarlo will salm France, or Andorra - Spain.
The montenegrines are serbians, they have a specific history, but the are and they consider themselves serbian. But even if they were from another ethnicity, there is no sense. Serbia will be their biggest neighbour, and they better keep god relations with it.
I don't believe there will ever be problems between the two states.
In my opinion, the splitting in two new states is a good action, politically talking. Montenegro, in my opinion, will be the first country to enter the EU, together with croatia. And for serbia it will be more easy to concentrate in its economy and integration.

When i look back now-i think we should have split in '92 without any bitter feelings...it seems more logical from todays point of view...however-this recent referundum seems to be a big joke...it seems i underestimated Milo - he's much more capable then i ever thought...and i have a strange feeling he'll win on the next elections in a few months from now Wink...i guess i've got some supernatural powers...LOL

I also had a few jokes....i cant write im sorry and your glad ,..lol
(E Sokrate-znam da nista ne znas,.....ahha ha brate,veruj mi,mislim!?! da znam o cemu pricam)

If its gona please Croatia then o yeah,they are gona do it,do whatever it takes but i have a feeling that Croatia itself is  geting ready for a shotgun wedding with.................................................you guessed it,with Serbia(oh fate oh destiny,......and Daddy who is holding the sawed-off is the EU)
have u been smoking some vojvodinian weed?LOL I'm not a mindreader, u know...could u be more specific? LOL Croatia's gonna be pleased...why?

Edited by Socrates - 05-Jun-2006 at 11:52
               Bob Rock
Svyturys View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Svyturys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 15:12
Congratulations to them! I support thoose, who want to be free!
Every moment, like last, neither earth, nor sky don't calculate time. Left only one heart in scorched bosom. Throbing only drums again, calling us into battle.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 15:16
Calm down the war is over
LOL when it comes from a greek.LOL You know guys, It is still consantinapolis after 500 years.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 15:31
Originally posted by Mortaza

Calm down the war is over
LOL when it comes from a greek.LOL You know guys, It is still consantinapolis after 500 years.
Yes like the Hellenistic  Ephessus!!!LOL
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 16:12
Sokrate-Adriatic Sea.
Thats what im talking about.In a few years from now the coast is going to be highly conected with roads,highways and railroads-the electirc ones,.lol.
So Montenegro,if it wants a real good life to its inhabitants, has to learn to breath like Croatia.
And about Croatia being pleased---since the Croats cant make a full of Serbia any more because its not "European" they are gona welcome any move that a new state(this time Montenegro) does to disgrace Serbia in any way.They owe us that much,lol. Altho even that is not what it used to be,hehehe.Nowadays you can talk to a Croat if you are from Serbia and not go in a fight-what is this world coming to?lol
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 07:40
Originally posted by Svyturys

Congratulations to them! I support thoose, who want to be free!

Montenegrins were never slaves or conquered-especially not by their own next to kin (us serbs proper)-and you need to inform yourself about the topic before participating it...as i said-at least 50 % of Montenegrins (not Bosniaks or Albanians in montenegro) want to live WITH Serbia (translated to your William Wallace ''they can't take our freedom'' language it means every other montenegrin doesn't want to be ''free'')...1/3 of them(over 200000) even declare as Serbs...And i support the montenegrins who DO NOT WANT TO BE ''FREE''.And free of what-serbian tourists?-going to universities in serbia for free? geting free medical treatment in serbia?...u better read some history - MTV doesn't have all the answers, you know...

Death:

i don't care what croatia does to ''get back at us'' - maybe croats will go to summer holidays in montenegro nowLOL - since most serbs won't...

jesi li gledao utisak nedelje: onaj crnogorac sto prica o kravama...LOL

Bob Rock
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 12:34
As soon as Serbia has a fully legitime government it will become a partner, a true partner to all the counties in the sourounding.
When are Montenegrans gona have parliamentary elections?
Will this hapen before that?The monument building i mean?
I dont mean to raise issues about legitimicy of any government but the one that is ruling over me, i just said that so you get what im talking about.

nisam nisam gledao,...e sad sam skapirao dok sam WC-irao,haha- Vuk za premijera,brateeeee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>