Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArmenians and eastern Anatolians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Argentum Draconis View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armenians and eastern Anatolians
    Posted: 20-May-2006 at 11:01

The two people are from same homeland but why do they look so different physically? There are many dark skinned people in east Anatolia but there are also people white as caucasians. As far as i know Armenians are totally caucasian. In the past Armenians lived in Van, Erzurum, Ağrı and Kars but most of the current people of those regions look completely different than caucasians and Armenians.

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 11:21
dude because they turks and migrated there 1000 year ago
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 11:32
Anatolian people arent Turks from central asia
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 13:11
yes they originaly are ofcourse they mixed with the locals if you're meaning that. but don't you know about the mass Turk migration to anatolia by turks
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 13:36
Having migrations 1000 years ago from central asia doesnt make anatolians Turk. I need real reasons for my answer so anyone who will support "Turkified Anatolia" theory please dont bother to answer.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 14:20
There have been continuous migrations for thousands of years by Turkic people's to the Caucaus region.

Don't worry, Armenians weren't pure White with blonde hair and blue eyes before the Turks arrived or where they lol anyway you all mixed somewhere along the line Wink

What would you say the average Armenian looks like?

Edited by Bulldog - 20-May-2006 at 14:22
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 14:38
go back strongfront argentum .
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 14:49

A turanist is accusing me with being racist? Turks didnt migrate to caucasus for thousands of years, no one in Turkey except some Tatars looks central asian and this is enough to prove Anatolian people arent "Turks from central asia". So as i said please dont bother to answer unless you have real things to say. 

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 16:12
Actually alot do look like Central Asian's do you want to go through my picture test aswell Smile

Armenians arn't white if that's what your trying to imply, the one's I've known have all been pretty dark even darker then some Indians I know.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 16:19
Originally posted by Bulldog

Actually alot do look like Central Asian's do you want to go through my picture test aswell Smile

Armenians arn't white if that's what your trying to imply, the one's I've known have all been pretty dark even darker then some Indians I know.

I've seen both white and darker Armenians.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 16:25
Me too. It was no doubt the same before Turks arrived en masse into the region 1000 years ago.

And the first Turkic incursions into the Caucasus were 1600 years ago with the Huns, enough to de-pluralise the thousand mentioned.

Edited by Zagros - 20-May-2006 at 16:28
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 16:59
     Armenians have a variety of looks. In order to see what Armenians from Eastern Anatolia looked like, you have to look at the Armenian Diaspora, because most of them are the descendants of those Armenians of Eastern Anatolia who fled during WW1.

Here are Armenians from the Diaspora:

Armenian from America:

Armenian from Australia:

Armenian from Egypt:

Armenian from Iran:

Armenian from Lebanon:

Armenian from Switzerland:

More Armenians from America (but originally from ME via Anatolia...I actually recognized a couple of people in this photo so I know 100%):

Wouldn't you say their features are Anatolian/Caucasian? Of course every single Armenian won't fit the description, since no group is homogenous. Thats why you have to look at the general patterns of the group.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 17:05
Originally posted by Argentum Draconis

A turanist is accusing me with being racist? Turks didnt migrate to caucasus for thousands of years, no one in Turkey except some Tatars looks central asian and this is enough to prove Anatolian people arent "Turks from central asia". So as i said please dont bother to answer unless you have real things to say. 

whats your problem dude. I bet your armenian right (don't get me wrong i have armenian friends not so many because there are few armenians i belgium) You're convinced that all eastern anatolians are indead armenian but newflash for over 1000 years the Turks made that land there own and migrated to thos regions. they 100% mixed with the locals but there for fathers came from CA.

btw I'm a caucasus turk 1600 years ago they came with the huns we're in turkey now. there are no pure turks dude. That's some nationalist bullcrap. Every one who has the same culture same form of language I call my brother and thats it.No nationalism bull can compare to that. Natinalist only think about sepperating people. Turks think about the things that put them to getter as do the persians.Yes I know i'm of topic right now

(sorry for vocab an grammar flaws)
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 17:15
Originally posted by xi tujue

You're convinced that all eastern anatolians are indead armenian but newflash for over 1000 years the Turks made that land there own and migrated to thos regions. they 100% mixed with the locals but there for fathers came from CA

He didn't say all eastern Anatolians are Armenian. He was asking why Armenians are from eastern Anatolia but at times bear little resemblance to other eastern Anatolian groups (in fact they bear much resemblance as I have already showed, and again not every single Armenian will fit the description because no group is homogenous).

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 20-May-2006 at 17:16
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 18:10
Originally posted by Bulldog

No they dont
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 18:22
iam not turanist maybe futureWink

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 06:10
oh yeah in south-east anatalia it largely Kurds
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 06:22
This is a racist topic!!!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 06:45
Yep!! erkut you're 100% right
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 10:24
I totally agree. This is a racist topic. It seems to serve Armenian hatred towards Turks.
I cannot understand why they are so obsessed with hatred towards Turks while we Turks finds them close to us so that we can give ten points to them in Eurovision contest.
Is our guilt or our sin to come from C.A.  and settle in Anatolia and make it a home for us.
In history there are people mutually damaged by each other. We Armenians and Turks are one of them.
Making peace is to difficult so much?  And Why is it  a prerequisite to recognize a so called  genocide in order to make a peace between two people, which will be a tool for Armenians to claim territory from Turkey.
Was Armenians entirely out of guilt , if there is any? Did not Armenians kill any Turks in the region ?
The events you always mention were painful, destructive for both sides.
And there will never be an apology for something we have never done. If we did something like this, so did you. You also did it in Nagorno Qarabagh in Azerbaijan. Thousands of Turks were killed or became refugees.
Keeping on blaming each other will never make it easy to solve our problems, contrarily it will make us enemies forever, instead of that we can be friendly neighbours.
If you say no, the side which will suffer will be you  although you have support of imperialistic Eu and Usa as you did in past, in the events you always cry for. 
We want to be friends but you always provoke us and threaten us, and claim things which are not committed only by one side, which are  mutual conflicts and did harm to both sides.
Behave yourselves. You are surrounded by Turks in the east in the west and in the south. This is not a blackmail or threatening. But do you think you will be able to reach eternal peace by distorting the facts, and claim unrighteous and unrghtful  things. Don't you be ashaimed of lying about the history. History is written by historians, not by parliaments.
You have a diaspora and this diaspora make parliaments to decide whether Turks did a genocide.
Politics is dirty. Come to reality.
You will be loser.  Once in the past Europe provoked you and you lost and were damaged. Now the same game is on and the result will never change. You will be hurt again.
I think it is too much for innocent  Armenian people in Armenia. You are in diaspora but they live in Armenia in poverty.
Behave yourself.
I am repeating. History is not written by parliaments and politicians, but by objective realistic historians.
I am full of feelings and please excuse my burst

Edited by Tangriberdi - 21-May-2006 at 10:29
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>