Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tatars & caucasus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tatars & caucasus
    Posted: 20-May-2006 at 09:54
Are Tatars related with the caucasus Turks or not.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 11:48
What do you mean by Caucaus Turks?
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 13:13
oh i mean chechens Turks from dagestan terekemes and Ahiska or Meskhetian turks there a lot more
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 20:42
Chechens aren't Turks.  It depends, some Tatars would resemble, culturaly, closer to Central Asia and some closer with Caucasus.  I think the majority would be closer to Central Asia, not too sure though.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 06:23
We see the first Tatar name on Kul Tigin incriptions (east side)
"otuz tatar ve tokuz tatar" which means "thirt tatar and nine tatars"
in English, this names are the names of tribes, it is written with other Turkic tribe names.

Tatar language Tatara is aTurkic language, today Tatars live in Turkey (Eskisehir generally), Crimea and Tataristan. They still preserve thier
central asiatic looking.

And they have nothing to do with caucausians ;)

Edited by Turkoglu - 21-May-2006 at 06:24

erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 06:30

Actually some Tatars are blonde and some of them not.

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 06:49
Originally posted by erkut

that's because they mixed with the locals And what I was saying I mean the caucasus Turks who moved there later TURKS who originaly came from CA to only couple hunderd years early. Like meskhetian Turks they don't live there any more but I'm not talking about the present.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 06:51
Originally posted by Turkoglu

We see the first Tatar name on Kul Tigin incriptions (east side)
"otuz tatar ve tokuz tatar" which means "thirt tatar and nine tatars"
in English, this names are the names of tribes, it is written with other Turkic tribe names.

Tatar language Tatara is aTurkic language, today Tatars live in Turkey (Eskisehir generally), Crimea and Tataristan. They still preserve thier
central asiatic looking.

And they have nothing to do with caucausians ;)
I said caucasus I'm aware about the difference between the caucasus and caucasians btw Turks are mongoloid with caucasian feature so they have something to do with them. I'm was aking about TURKS living or jused to live in the Caucasus
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote selam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 23:25

I am so much tired of what you guys are talking about!!!!

turkic people (tatar ,uzbek ,uyghur ,kazah .kyrgiz ) are not caucasion ,nor are they asian !! ,they are just between them !!!

tatar really looks like russian ,there are 5 million tatar living in russia and kazkahitan !!! some of them I cannot distinguish from russian and some of them looks like central asian !!! but tatar in siberia looks really like mongol!!
regards
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote selam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 23:27
Originally posted by erkut

they are very cool flags you put  in your signature !!
what are the first one and the third one !!
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 00:36
Selam, the flags are Crimea and Tataristan.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 00:42
Originally posted by selam

I am so much tired of what you guys are talking about!!!!

turkic people (tatar ,uzbek ,uyghur ,kazah .kyrgiz ) are not caucasion ,nor are they asian !! ,they are just between them !!!

tatar really looks like russian ,there are 5 million tatar living in russia and kazkahitan !!! some of them I cannot distinguish from russian and some of them looks like central asian !!! but tatar in siberia looks really like mongol!!
regards

That's what we said, they are Mongoloid with Caucasian features, this is what puts them just in between, as you said.  What are you talking about, we said some look Russian, some look Central Asian and some look very Mongoloid, this post you made doesn't prove anything.  You're just repeating what we said but acting like we didn't say it.
-Ziya Gokalp-
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 12:41

well, it depends. Tatars of northern Central Asia, especially Kazakstan, are quite like Russians. Now about my own country, Turkmenistan, I would say, Tatars have preserved their Mongoloid characteristics quite well. Even among Iranian Turkmens, there's a tribe named Tatar; the people are a mixture of Turkmens & Tatars (also a village called Tatar). They live with Qochuq tribe of Turkmens; both quite Mongoloid (by quite, I mean to a supreme point).

Edited by gok_toruk - 22-May-2006 at 12:45
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 12:46
By the way, who are Terekemes?
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 08:59

Volga Bulghars who are also called Tatar (Qazan, Crimean) are different from actual Tatar tribes. You can say Volga Bulghars are more ancient (early) Turkic tribes who have less degree of Mongol influence, while the Tatars in central Asia ( Turkic tribes with strong mongol influence, like Noghai) have more Mongolic feature as they were the group came with the Mongol expansion. There are Siberian tatars who are left in Altai region also.

So before telling the difference we have to distinguish the different groups who happened to have a common name. 

Edited by barbar - 24-May-2006 at 08:59
Either make a history or become a history.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 06:27
Originally posted by gok_toruk

By the way, who are Terekemes?

they're turks who lived in the caucasus next to Meskhs they came from azerbaycan I think. Terekeme is also a folk dance.( I don't know a lot of them exept some people claim that there the same as meskh's?Geek but I have no idea)  this are some and they're dancing !! awsome!!!Tongue

Edited by xi_tujue - 25-May-2006 at 06:29
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 11:22
Thanks for the information. I was just wondering about its similarity with the name 'Turkmen'.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 13:22
they look cool thow
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 12:11
C'mon no one else
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 06:22
I found some pictures of TaTar lady, see below.

Does she look like a Cauasian or what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>