Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTechnology of the Revival Process

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Technology of the Revival Process
    Posted: 19-May-2006 at 12:27
The Revival Process is a comparatively recent event in the Balkans from the 1980s and it constituted an attempt to destroy the culture, language and ethnic identity of Bulgarian Turks and convert them into Orthodox Bulgarians - in other words it bore all characteristics of cultural genocide.

VICTOR D. BOJKOV in  Journal of Genocide Research (2004), 6(3) gives the following description of the Technology employed in this process. I paste it because I cannot provide a direct link - accessing the article requires subscription:

PS: I know this is a topic that bears the potential of generating flame wars, and I want to make it clear at the outset that this is NOT an accusation at Bulgarians, and they should not interpret it as such. I have deliberately chosen the work of a Bulgarian author in order to avoid the blame and name-calling game. Many Bulgarians have condemned this crime, for which they will have my eternal respect and a BIG thank you!

Edited by bg_turk - 19-May-2006 at 12:35
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 07:18
Here is a good source on the history of the Turkis Minority in Bulgaria:

The Past and Present State of the Turkish - Bulgarian Relations
mer E.Ltem

Post Reply Post Reply