Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uh Oh Da Vinci Code [:o]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uh Oh Da Vinci Code [:o]
    Posted: 18-May-2006 at 21:46
The Da Vinci code is gona hit theaters tommorow from the day this post has been written. I will watch it right when it comes out because everyone will be talking about it. Do you think you will see it or avoid it? ANd what would your expectations going to be on the movie AS WELL as the reactions?
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 23:07
I've got a copy of the book, and shall read it.
I suspect it will be pretty well written but otherwise not very novel.
The movie, meh, i'll wait for it to come on TV, if ever.
Arrrgh!!"
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 01:02
I've read the book it was ok in a pulp fiction kind of way. the main character was an interesting fellow but I liked angles and demons better. as to the movie I see it eventually ( I watch lots of movies) but not tomorrow.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 02:42
moved
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 16:34

Written like Goosebumps for adults.  I heard people at cannes laughed out loud about how dumb the movie is.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 16:36
I just saw it... what is all the fuss about? 

Tom hanks has a HUUUGE forehead, 2/5ths of his face is forehead.

Edited by Zagros - 19-May-2006 at 16:37
vespasian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote vespasian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 21:09
Hi everyone. I just want to say, I saw it with my friend Friday night. She *HATED* the book. (For the record, I am one of the 6 people in America who has not read it.) In the middle of it, she nudges my arm and says "This sucks...want to get going?" I made her stay through the end...

My mistake.

I've never seen a movie before where the backstory was the plot. :) Lots of talking, not much of anything else.  Too bad, I like Jean Reno, and he didn't have much to do. Oh well.
Is someone going to tell Triple H that someone beat him to the title "King of Kings"?
Pieinsky View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Pieinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 16:29

I heard people at cannes laughed out loud about how dumb the movie is.

What the F"ck!

Most  of the people i've met acted like they didnt understand the movie at all. There were some who did of course, especially those who read the book. The Da Vince code is not a stupid film, The langauge in it is far more complex then your average film, and for someone who has not read the book the plot may be bewildering. In my oppinion those Cannes people sound like a bunch of social cowards who just mimic and echo each others beliefs out of fear.

Alot of people said it's boring, just abounch of psychotics if you know what I mean.Wink
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 17:17
Being that I enjoyed the book I looked forward with anticipation to see the movie. I wasn't let down. A couple of others who saw the movie with me were lost though. One of them slept through it. The movie followed the plot well. Some of the mystery and thrill, though evident, was second in comparison to the book. If you don't read the book first, as Pieinsky already mentioned, the plot may appear difficult to follow.

Edited by Seko - 25-May-2006 at 17:18
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 17:25
It was really boring.
(maybe its that i already knew the story).
I hardly kept my eyes open 2-3 times...
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 21:40
I just saw it last night, I enjoyed it and found it easy to follow, probably because I read the book.  It was one of those movies like National Treasure and Indian Jones.  Treasure Hunting using clues.  It was a good movie and I was not dissappointed.
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 10:30
Hello,

I'm not going to see it because I'm pissed at the thought of those people using the Great name of Lionardo da Vinci to promote such Rubbish! And..............
I am frightened by Tom Hanks hair.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 16:39
Originally posted by Gargoyle

Hello,

I am frightened by Tom Hanks hair.

Hanks' hair was just as scary as Clay Aiken's was on the Wednesday's show of American Idol! I thought "WOOOOAAAAAA, Wassup with dat!"
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 02:30
I thought it was rather slow, the book was much more interesting. Also the person I was with couldnt understand it and slept thru most of it.
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 21:26
The books are always better then the movies.  I have never seen a movie better then the book.
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 08:31
''The name of the rose'' by Uberto Eco, the movie was much better than the book. At least for me.
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 09:06
Originally posted by Giannis

''The name of the rose'' by Uberto Eco, the movie was much better than the book. At least for me.

Great book indeed.
One of my top ten books - and movies.
Both very recommendable.

The book can seem rather long winded in some aspects, but by reading those passages, a vast amounts of historical background and insight is exposed about Middel Age monestary life. 

The movie offers Sean Connery at his best, a very young Christian Slater and other unforgettable performances.
Havent seen it yet?....  - you definately missed something.

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 09:29
The book is really bad, stupid, boring and ill written. I have no idea why did it become so famous.
As for the movie it is just an average movie, not really good, not really bad. Maybe better than book because somtimes movies based on bad books are better than those books.

My final comment is that it is foolish book, written by a fool for foolish readers. The movie is not more foolish than the book (thats the best thing i can say about the movie).
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 09:43
Originally posted by Mosquito

The book is really bad, stupid, boring and ill written. I have no idea why did it become so famous.
As for the movie it is just an average movie, not really good, not really bad. Maybe better than book because somtimes movies based on bad books are better than those books.

My final comment is that it is foolish book, written by a fool for foolish readers. The movie is not more foolish than the book (thats the best thing i can say about the movie).

a flourish....
here, ladies and gents you have the rare expierience that my friend and comrade mosquito and myself have the same opinion.....

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 04-Jun-2006 at 09:45

Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 02:36
Originally posted by Northman

Great book indeed.
One of my top ten books - and movies.
Both very recommendable.

The book can seem rather long winded in some aspects, but by reading those passages, a vast amounts of historical background and insight is exposed about Middel Age monestary life. 

The movie offers Sean Connery at his best, a very young Christian Slater and other unforgettable performances.
Havent seen it yet?....  - you definately missed something.

Umberto Eco in an interview said that the film "betrayed" his book (an enjoyable one, I confirm) depicting a caricatural Middle Age world.

Post Reply Post Reply