Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kashan, my trip to 8000 years ago

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kashan, my trip to 8000 years ago
    Posted: 14-May-2006 at 08:54
Kashan
My trip to 8000 years ago

Kashan is small city in Esfahan province, ~260 KM far from Tehran.
I had trip to Kashan & Ghamsar on Friday,
each year on this time many tourists travel there, It's Jashnvare Golo GolabI (Flower & Rose water festival) for 30 days, It has been started since 3 weeks ago until this friday.
I was one of those 1,300,000 tourists whom traveled there.

Originally posted by http://www.itto.org/province/province.asp?prv=esf&cityco de=Ka2&status=showcity

One of the main cities of Esfahan province, Kashan is very near to Qom, and located in an altitude of 1,600 m above the sea level. It is 260 km to the south of Tehran and

can be reached via Qom (105 km) on a first-class highway, national road, or railway. Apart from its world-famous carpets, and well known for its silk and the glazed

earthenware tile called Kashi after its place of manufacture, Kashan is a beautiful large oasis town on the Qom-Kerman road running along the edge of the Great Desert,

Kevir. One of the most important archaeological sites in central Iran, it is on the edge of the town. Kashan is also of interest for its connections with Shah Abbas I - it

was a famous town of his, and he beautified it and asked to be buried here in the mausoleum of a 13th century ancestor.

There are some famous villages & Town around Kashan:

1. Abiane:
this village considers as one of the most important villages of Iran, You can still see Sassanid customs among people.
but the people are Shie Moslem.
in fact Sassanids are still alive after 1300 years.
best days for travel is Ashora Tasoa ( a day which Emam Hossein the 3rd emam of Shies has been Killed), If you decide to travel there, attend that you must be there 2 days earlier before Ashora Tasoa.
because of many many tourists travel there & you may not enter there during Ashora Tasoa.

2. Mash'hade Ardehal:
This town is famous for Ghali Shoian ( Carpet washers), every year people gathers & wash carpets.
the story back to ~1200 years ago, People asked to Emam Jafar Sadegh(the 6th emam of shie) to travel & settle there but Emam sent his son.
when he arrived the Arab ruler of province command to kill him, they wind a carpet around him & then beat him until he die.
people gathers in his mourning every year & washes all carpets by clubs beats (bcuz of his death by club beats in carpet ) in spring water.
they shown their protest againest arabs rulers by beating carpets.
it's full of symbols.

Sohrab Sepehri tomb The famous modern poet & painter is there too.
Ramin's Sinature is his poem

about sohrab:
http://www.iranchamber.com/literature/ssepehri/sohrab_sepehr i.php
his poems:
http://poems.lesdoigtsbleus.free.fr/id95.htm

3. Niasar:
The name means Heads on lances because of 12 Sassanid Iran Sephabod (Generals) whom was beheaded by Arab invaders.
at this village there is Atashcade ( Fire Temple ) which is considers as first Atashkade that Ardeshir Papakan (1st sassanid Shahanshah) has been built it.
& Ghare Niasar, a man made Cave, it's history backs to 20,000 bc & then pepole expanded it During each empires until Islam,
It was Mitraeism Temple during Parthian.

& a beautiful water fall

Water fall:

Ghare Niasar:

Atashkade:

http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Archaeology/Pre-History/niasar _cave.htm

4. Joshaghan:
Famous for Golab & Carpet

Tomb Of Miralaodin

Qasem

http://www.kashanrose.com/Displaypicture.asp?code=11&LN= EN&sm=8

Edited by Land of Aryan
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 09:07
5. Ghamsar:
This city is famous for Golab (RoseWater).
Golab has amazing smell & used in some foods, ice cream & for perfume
Every year IR sends large amount of this rosewater to Mecca as a gift to wash the Kaba with it.

The Jashnavre Golo Golab history backs to Sassanid, it was Shahanshah's perfume.
after islam the name of flower changed to Gole Mohamadi (Flower of Mohammad) & tale was maded thet golab smells prophet.
now it's consider as islamic perfume it's cause of washing Kaba with it.

before Arab invasion, the rose gordens was in Pars province around shiraz. after masscares in shiraz people immigrated to Kashan & villages around it.
one of those ancient garden is still alive & it's best instance of Rose garden where plain & sky kiss each others by Rose flowers.
I guess name is gol dasht?? not sure
you may find best golab there.

If you want to see whole story, you must be there 4 or 5am
they pick flowers from Gardens, they've to do it b4 sunrise bcuz sun decrease flower smell & also dry the flowers & another reason is bees
then they clean & next boil 15-35 KG flowers in 70 Lit water, & transfer steam in another container which is in water to cold steam & convert to liquid,
Golab is ready!

b4 the Islam shined on us by IR, the custom was:  the beautifulest girl of village must pick first flowers then other women clean flowers, then she get flower to a man (Dana) whom produce Golab & wishes a good marriage for herself & fortunate year for all.
now you don't see these anti islamic custom, it's alive in our memories & minds as all other custom which considered as anti islam by IR
it's few years that IR understand those customs were important & try people attend those. but so late some of them aren't alive any more.

I arrived 12pm there, Gardens hadn't flowers!

It's not golmahammadi, we called it Nastran

Edit: If you buy Golab from there, it's heavy & not smell very well, & a thin film of oil is on top of it (The oil is perfume)
you must keep it for 20 days & for use add some water to it.

http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?section=1&id=1637

Edited by Land of Aryan
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 09:25
Kashan:
some people believe name of Kashan come from Kashi which maens tile.
the history of this city started with Tappe sialk since 8000 years ago
people of this city witnessed 2 massacres during history of city
as other cities of Iran
once Arab invaders massacred the people
& again by Mongols

Amin-o-Dowleh, head of the Persian Royal envoy to the court of Napoleon III. He financed the building of Timcheh Amin-o-dowleh.

Teemcheh-e-Amin o Dowleh, Kashan Bazzar, Iran. 1800s. Persian architects used these structures to naturally decrease temperatures, regulate sunlight, and ventilate the interior spaces during the daytime.

Kashan from top of Tape Sialk

Kashan is Green jewel at edge of huge desert of Iran:

This city is famous for Tappe Silak, Some historical houses, Carpet, Baghali( a Vegetable) & also Golab

Edited by Land of Aryan
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 09:44
Tappe Sialk (Sialk hills):

Tappe Sialk is considered as world's oldest Zigurat was built in ~2900 bc in 3 platform.
but archeological remains date back to 5500-6000 BC
this palace also considers as first palace which humen started life in plains
& earliset wheat seeds was found in teppe sialk's potteries that shows wheat firstly cultivated in Sialk & then carried to Mesopotemia & Egypt.

this Zigurat is 32th & discoverd by Roman Grishman in 1930
But like the thousands of other Iranian historical ruins, the treasures excavated here eventually found their way to museums such as The Louvre, The British Museum,

The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, and private collectors.

again at 2002 Dr. Shahmirzadi started excavation which leaded to discovry of 5500 years old 3 Skeletons of a man a girl & a baby.

full excavation needs 150 years time 

& now Sialk is not in a favorable condition like many other ancient ruins in Iran.

CAD model of Sialk

The 5500 years old Skeleton,
35 years old man, 10 years old girl & a Baby

Part of wall painted with deluted red ocre

This couple toke off their Shoes & went on top of Zigurat & sung:
اي ايران اي مرز پرگهر ، اي خاكت سرچشمه هنر
دور از تو انديشه بدان ، پاينده ماني و جاودان
اي دشمن ار تو سنگ خاره اي من آهنم، جان من فداي خاك پاك ميهنم
مهر تو چون شد پيشه ام، دور از تو نيست انديشه ام
در راه تو كي ارزشي دارد اين جان ما، پاينده باد خاك ايران ما
سنگ كوهت در و گوهر است، خاك دشتت بهتر از زر است
مهرت از دل كي برون كنم، برگو بي مهر تو چون كنم،
تا گردش جهان دور آسمان به پاست، نور ايزدي هميشه رهنماي ماست
ايران اي خرم بهشت من، روشن از تو سرنوشت من
گر آتش بارد به پیكرم، جز مهرت در دل نپرورم
از آب و خاك و مهر تو سرشته شد گلم، مهر اگر برون رود گلي شود دلم
http://www.iranian.com/Music/Patriotic/Audio/EyIran.mp3

I felt ashamed

I found a piece of ancient pottery there, maybe 5000years old!

behtarin harf piremarde sine sokhte negahban zad, goft:
azizane man oropaie ma hasht hezar sale pish bod

Edited by Land of Aryan
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:31
Khane Tabatabeiha ( Tabatabeiha house )

The house was built in the 1840s for the affluent Tabatabaei family in 4730 m^2

It consists of a 4 beautiful courtyards, 40 rooms, delightful wall paintings with elegant stained glass windows by Ostad Sani olmolke Ghafari, and all the other classic

signatures of Traditional Persian residential architcture such as biruni and andaruni.

It was designed by Ustad Ali Maryam Kashani. He is the same person who later on built the Boroujerdi-ha House) for the Tabatabaei's newly married daughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaneh_Tabatabaei_ha

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 16:02
Khaneh Borujerdiha ( Borujerdi ha House )

The house was built in 1857 for the bride of Haji Mehdi Borujerdui, a wealthy merchant. The bride came from the affluent Tabatabaei family, whom Ustad Ali Maryam Kashani had built their house (The Tabatabaei House) some years earlier.

It consists of a rectangular beautiful courtyard, delightful wall paintings by the royal painter Kamal-ol-molk, and three 40 meter tall wind towers which help cool the house to unusually cool temperatures. It has 3 entrances, and all the classic signatures of Traditional Persian residential architcture such as biruni and andaruni.

The house took 18 years to build using 150 craftsmen. It is considered a true masterpiece of Persian traditional residential architecture. It was designed by Ustad Ali Maryam Kashani.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaneh_Borujerdi_ha

Mr Brojerdi asked for Mr Tabatabei's Daughter.
Mr. Tabatabaei responded that Mr brojerdi can marry with her when Mr Brojerdi build house as beautiful as his father.
because she was grown up in big & beautiful one.
Mr. Brojerdi accepted it, & He exactly built beautifuler than Tabatabaei's one.

This house is considered as a perfect sample of Iranian house.

What is it???

IT's copy of Carpet of room on the roof.
on that time there were same carpet on floor that people thought there is mirror on the roof.
Nobody knows where the carpet is now, probably in european private collection

Edited by Land of Aryan
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 16:56
but those house are cool at hot desert weather.
How??

It's Baad Gir (wind catcher) task.
you find best types of it in Yazd
[ Yazd! The City of Wind Towers
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6447& ;PN=7 ]

The wind catchers direct wind into the channels to rooms,
& under ground floor is coolest part of home
Temperature is always 20 degrees lower than outside
wind is directed to the this part of house:

they filled those 2 lines with water,
& also the pool in the yard help to decrease Temperature
Behzad View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Behzad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 17:58

I'm from Esfahan, but since moving to Canada, I haven't really seen anything outside of the actual city of Esfahan.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2006 at 02:35
Baghe Fin (Fin Garden):
is one of the most beautiful historical gardens of the middle-east and the world. It contains Kashan's Fin Bath, where Amir-Kabir a famous vizier of Qajarid was murdered.

The gardens are a major tourist attraction at Kashan, and also feature a museum, and a tea house where some basic meals are available.

The extensive fountains are entirely gravity fed, and are an engineering marvel in their own right.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_Garden

& Shah Esmaeil I Safavid Coronation was at Fin.

some objects has been discoverd that shows This garden dates back to Tappe Sialk.
Achaemenid probably expand it but there is now sign of Achaemenid there until Sassanid.
After Arab invasion this garden was going to destroy
until Shah abbas I safavid rebuilt it after him during Zandie by KArim khane Zand & in Ghajar by Fatahali shah it becames beautifulest garden.
area 25000 m^2
Agha Salim Arani built a Shotor Galo( Camel throat )

I had half hour time for Fin, & I saw one thing there Crowd & Crowd
not good pic & all in hurry

It's Cheshme (Spring) Soleimanie, this spring got life to Tappe Sialk & now keep Fin Alive

people think this pool is source of spring
but the source is unknown
The water directed from source to the pool

people drop coins to pool & believe if coins are droped in Spring valve, their wishes will come true

I spoke about Shotor Galo( Camel throat ) & as wiki said it's an engineering marvel.
Shotor Galo is system that produce pressure for fountains.
in all
fountains around garden water pressure is equal
They destroy a part of system to understand how it works & how the pressure is equal
but couldn't understand anything.
only part of
fountains don't work now

fountains aren't a few one, there are all around garden,
at this pic there are 40
fountains & equal pressure in all

le();

Edited by Land of Aryan
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2006 at 02:51
Originally posted by Behzad

I'm from Esfahan, but since moving to Canada, I haven't really seen anything outside of the actual city of Esfahan.

My Ancestral city is Esfahan
vali: hameie Iran sarie man ast

Isfahan! The living Museum
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5779& ;PN=7
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 15:04
Sultan Amir Shrine

those places aren't whole of Kashan there is many other palaces there if you want to visit it compelitly at least you need 2 days only for Kashan
for full list of historical places in Kashan & aount it you can check it:
http://kashan.ir/en/Public.asp?url=addressjazebeha1.asp

Edited by Land of Aryan - 17-May-2006 at 15:11
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 15:13
It was my last topic in AE
I dedicate it to my friends especially Morticia

I'll be in touch via my email
Thanks EveryBody
& Bedroood

Edited by Land of Aryan - 17-May-2006 at 15:13
 Post Reply Post Reply