Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGenocide of the Pontian Greeks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genocide of the Pontian Greeks
    Posted: 14-May-2006 at 13:08
Originally posted by bg_turk

Originally posted by Spartakus

Isn't this picture used by Armenians?

Here you can find the same image

http://www.armeniapedia.org/index.php?title=Image:Geno14.JPG 

So whoever put this image here, answer please who are the people on the image? Who is the one lying here Turks, Greeks or Armenians - or maybe all of them?!

LOL...so both armenians and greeks use the same picture to put  Turks in the defendant'schair before the international community?

Do these crappy propagandalists really believe that the international community is so ignorant to belive them immediately?..Maybe they wanna benefit from previous opinious held about the Turks.Let us remember the very fact that sterotypes are more likely to be effective when they agree with the prevously held opinions.

The International community should be well aware of the fact that by the treaty of Lusanne in 1923,which was signed after The Turkish Independence of War,The Greek human beings themselves acknowledged the atrocities committed by the Pan-Hellenist army,which invaded Turkey after the First world war(1919-1922).

According to this treaty Hellas was in charge of compensation for the systematic burnings of cities in western Turkey and massacres committed against the Turks.

Due to the fact that the economy of Hellas was so weak that time after the war,Greece tried to alleviate it by giving Karaagac,some territory

Fabricating history is intellectual vandalism

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 13:19

For the Greek speakers only, here is an "interesting" site regarding the Pontians ... no offense intended!

http://www.geocities.com/pontos10/index.html

Disclaimer: Greek nationalist beware that the site may contain offensive material to your ego, and if you believe you are too proud to handle it, please kindly refrain from visiting. The author takes no liabiltiy for any damage that can be incurred on your national ego.

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 14:03

Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

353.000 Greeks... murdered by Turks?

No necessary to discuss on a nonsense.

Does anyone know Mr.Nakratzas here?

Yes I showed him recently as guest in the Turkish TV when spoke for Greek genocide to the Turks in 1919 as reaction of the Turkish media in Pontian genocide . Also you can buy these books from the Slanmacedonian Organization Uranio Toxo  in Greece.

The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 14:10

Greek Genocide?  Bring it up to the UN, or the EU, we'll see what happens then.(or is this claim supported by enough documents to be brought up?)

Or has this subject already been brought up?

(so many "brought up" 's)

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 14:11

I brought link from wiki.Moreover,you do not understand ,do you?This picture shows the tactic used by the Turks for the ethnic cleansing of the Pontian Hellens.I do not know whether this specific image shows Armenians or Pontians Hellens,maybe they are Hellens,but the ethnic cleansing of more than 300.000 Hellens of Pontus is a fact,(i do not know about the Armenians) and the specific tactic,the Light Death ,was repeadetly used by Turks.

Beware that denying the Pontian Genocide is personal insult against me,a Hellen of Pontian origin,whose relatives are mostly from Pontus.I will not tolerate to use the Armenian behaviour as a mean to justify Turkish attrocities.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 14:12
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

LOL...so both armenians and greeks use the same picture to put  Turks in the defendant'schair before the international community?

Do these crappy propagandalists really believe that the international community is so ignorant to belive them immediately?..Maybe they wanna benefit from previous opinious held about the Turks.Let us remember the very fact that sterotypes are more likely to be effective when they agree with the prevously held opinions.

The International community should be well aware of the fact that by the treaty of Lusanne in 1923,which was signed after The Turkish Independence of War,The Greek human beings themselves acknowledged the atrocities committed by the Pan-Hellenist army,which invaded Turkey after the First world war(1919-1922).

According to this treaty Hellas was in charge of compensation for the systematic burnings of cities in western Turkey and massacres committed against the Turks.

Due to the fact that the economy of Hellas was so weak that time after the war,Greece tried to alleviate it by giving Karaagac,some territory

Fabricating history is intellectual vandalism

Thi photo came from the US National Geographic. So if you have any question from whom, where and what those appeared in the picture they will responce you.

As about the  attrocities Greece (not genocide) as Democratic nation  accepted and recognized as you said in the Lausagne Treaty.If happened any kind of genocide why turkish side never mention this in the Treauty ?

What about your nation.Why deny something that happened and recognized from many non-Greek sourses ?

And I am talking only for the Pontian Genocide and not the armenian according the AE forum rules.

Edited by akritas
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 14:17
I will not also tolerate to use any kind of  Hellenic brutality during the Greco-Turkish war to mislead the conversation.Nothing can justify a genocide.Such behaviour shows only weakness in finding arguments.
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 14:26

Not Even My Name is the unforgettable story of Sano Halo's survival of the
death march at age 10 that annihilated her family as told to her daughter, Thea and
the poignant mother/ daughter pilgrimage to Turkey in search of Sano's home 70 years after her exile. Sano, a Pontic Greek from a mountain village near the Black Sea, also recounts her ancient, pastoral way of life in the Pontic Mountians.

The dreadful realization that something was amiss came little by little to Sano's village. Strangers began to inhabit the fields and forests, always watching from a distance like birds of prey. Turkish soldiers made periodic raids to seize men for slave labor in foul, lice-infested labor camps, where most died of disease, malnutrition and exposure. Then in the spring of 1920, Turkish soldiers pounded on doors with the butts of their rifles and shouted General Mustafa Kemal's (Ataturk) proclamation: "You are to leave this place. You are to take with you only what you can carry " On their death march, victims lay where they fell and buzzards hung above their heads. So ended the 3,000 year history of the Pontic Greeks in Turkey.

Stripped of everything she had ever held dear, even her name, at age 15 Sano was sold into marriage to a man who brought her to America. He was three times her age.
Not Even My Name follows Sano's marriage, the raising of her ten children, and her
transformation from an innocent girl who lived an ancient way of life in a remote place, to a nurturing mother and determined woman in twentieth-century New York City.

xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 14:47

For the Greek speakers only, here is an "interesting" site regarding the Pontians ... no offense intended!

http://www.geocities.com/pontos10/index.html

Disclaimer: Greek nationalist beware that the site may contain offensive material to your ego, and if you believe you are too proud to handle it, please kindly refrain from visiting. The author takes no liabiltiy for any damage that can be incurred on your national ego.

You got to be kidding!
Did you check the bottom banner-link?
It says 'find out the truth about Greek history'.
I was curious what it would be.
Then I saw the link was 'http://www.geocities.com./bulgarmak/history_greek.htm', and realized there's no reason to go further.
I won't comment arguable facts of recent history, where everyone can have his oppinion based on the numerous different sources. I'll stick to unarguable facts.
It says things as 'Cyprus was never Greek'. Well, ok...
'Decendants of Kafres from Ethiopia the Greeks. Results of scientific research in Skopje based on DNA'. Not only its unhistorical, its also racist.
'Belasica 1014. The worst crime of world history'. Yeah, right. The fact that Basil let the Bulgarian prisoners live makes him actually much more humane than most of the medieval rulers, who would massacre any city they captured.
'The origin of the word Graikos (Greek). Ancient Slavic word meaning 'sinner' Oh, of course when the Romans were calling us Greeks the 'ancient slavs' were killing mammoths in Siberia, and building igloos with their bones.
Of course then I went to the main page, to see the title 'Bulgarian human rights in Macedonia' and the joke was over. Its no fun to comment how a ultranationalist Bulgarian believes there's no such thing as Greece, and Greek nation. Pontos sector is actually minor to all the crap in this site.

Really bad for your image, bg_turk, that you tried 'to break our ego' with such bullsh*t. What you do is to provoke us, and seriously, that's how the  national egos are built. When you see Bulgarians provoking us in a such grotesk way, all you do is create a -wrong probably- despical of Bulgarians. And really, we Greeks do not have a bad oppinion for Bulgarians, at least as much as it seems Bulgarians have for us.
(This oppinion I expressed is not only based on here. It's based by my general experience in historical forums for about 5 years. Bulgarians seem to hate us, I dare say more than the Turks. The Turks are perhaps too proud of their nation, that are blind some times to see the truth. But they do not hate us. I've seen many Bulgarians infiltrating threads only to accuse the Greeks. That's  just sad).
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:00
Plz,stay on topic.Because if you do not,and this topic gets closed,i will promise you ,you will regret entering this site, both Hellens and Turks. 
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:03

what Bg_Turk proved,that is to say,greek and armenian propagandists use the same picture as their own victims to convince the international community is enough for me to understand how ill-fated these propagandas are.

Mr.Spartakus,your playing on emotions will get you nowhere! Poeple here have already been enough to realize that calling everything genocide has been a habit,an obsession.Plus, I personally do not give any care if you tolarete me or not. People ,who are to harm the harmony among people  of different nationalties , certainly do not mean anything to me!

I have precisely much more reasons to call what happened during trec he Greek Invasion of Turkey as genocide towards my own nation , as I have happened to see a historical record which clearly proves Venizelos's confessions on the barbarous warfare conducted by the Pan-Hellenist army during its adventure in Turkey.

Yet I will try to eschew from doing as much as possible for the fact that I do want to see a friendship between Turkish and Greek human beings.

Brainwashed people like you guys can keep up doing your mission, but please in the end ask this question to yourselves: ''what did I really happen to gain in the end?''

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:03

Originally posted by xristar

Really bad for your image, bg_turk, that you tried 'to break our ego' with such bullsh*t. What you do is to provoke us, and seriously, that's how the  national egos are built. When you see Bulgarians provoking us in a such grotesk way, all you do is create a -wrong probably- despical of Bulgarians. And really, we Greeks do not have a bad oppinion for Bulgarians, at least as much as it seems Bulgarians have for us.
(This oppinion I expressed is not only based on here. It's based by my general experience in historical forums for about 5 years. Bulgarians seem to hate us, I dare say more than the Turks. The Turks are perhaps too proud of their nation, that are blind some times to see the truth. But they do not hate us. I've seen many Bulgarians infiltrating threads only to accuse the Greeks. That's  just sad).

Sorry xristar for offending you, but I really warned you not to enter. But you may have a point when we talk about serious issues of people getting killed such as in this thread, I should not have posted such a sarcastic site.

By the way concerning the Greek image in Bulgaria, from my own experience I do not believe it is that bad as you are trying to make it, but of course there is some suspicition and it is undersandable since Bulgarians have on several occasions been victims of both Greek and Turkish empirial ambitions, so naturally history books do have a very strong anti-greek and anti-turkish bias. The second balkan war and the occupation of macedonia and its purging from slavs is seen my many bulgarians as a grave injustice and a national catastrophe.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:06

(B) Case studies and their comparison

8.       Turkish genocide of Armenians (Aghet), Ponthian Greeks and Assyrians in Turkey, 1914-23

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:08

The previous quote is from the Hirosima Peace Institute see link:

http://serv.peace.hiroshima-cu.ac.jp/English/eproject/projec t5.htm

NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:11
Originally posted by xristar

[QUOTE=bg_turk]

Ahh, let's not start with this! Cuz I could say the oposite - from my own personal observations, it seems that the Greeks hate us without any obvious reason (except maybe still being angry for taking Moesia from Byzantium?). And I've often wondered from where could this hatred come from. Why do the Greeks, only because of being generally richer, seem to do nothing but despise and maltreate us. I've heard numerous first-hand things of Greek factory owners in Bulgaria and the conditions of labour there or for the behaviour of the Greeks towards the Bulgarian "slaves" (as servants) in Greece as to second-hand humans. Not to mention for digging even further back into the past and the phanariote systematic de-Bulgarisation of the lands, still under Ottoman control. For examples of barbaric Greek (what a paradox, huh?) hatred towards Bulgarians, I could also point out one relatively popular picture from the time of the Inter-Allied War, which depicts a Greek soldier, eating a Bulgarian one (or maybe that's just some bad Greek vrykolakas (sp.?)/vampire). Do you want more examples? Or you'll say that these are nothing else but hate-instigating lies? Whatever, but even if we do hate Greeks, Greeks hate us not less! And why? I wonder even to this day - if we had problems in the Byzantine times, Byzantium is long in the past (and modern day Greece seems to emphasize more on ancient Hellas and to some way leave Byzantium on second stage). So my only answer for now is: Balkans...

P.S. With this post I do not inted to insult anyone. I don't hate Greeks, but I do want to show examples that there are Greeks who don't like us either! Peace and be careful what you say!
P.P.S. To note also about that ultranationalist propaganda site - don't get specially offended, because, typically for the Balkans, there are people in Bulgaria, just as anywhere else, who simply can't live if they don't hate and oppose anyone. And I admit that to some degree I also like the oppose people - don't know why! Maybe as a Sofianer (from Sofia), I'm to some degree also a sophist (the philisopher school) and just like to argue...

Edited by NikeBG
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:13

STATISTICS OF DEMOCIDE
Chapter 5
Statistics Of
Turkey's Democide
Estimates, Calculations, And Sources*

By R.J. Rummel

The infamy of executing this century's first full scale ethnic cleansing belongs to Turkey's Young Turk government during World War I. In their highest councils Turkish leaders decided to exterminate every Armenian in the country, whether a front-line soldier or pregnant woman, famous professor or high bishop, important businessman or ardent patriot. All 2,000,000 of them.
Democide had preceded the Young Turk's rule and with their collapse at the end of World War I, the successor Nationalist government carried out its own democide against the Greeks and remaining or returning Armenians. From 1900 to 1923, various Turkish regimes killed from 3,500,000 to over 4,300,000 Armenians, Greeks, Nestorians, and other Christians

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP5.HTM

18-19 May 2005
On this occasion, the Department of Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS), in cooperation with University of Southern Denmark, will hold an international conference on the Armenian genocide, where researchers from Armenia, Turkey, Canada, USA, Great Britain, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark will discuss a range of historical and topical subjects:
- The Armenian genocide as precursor and prototype of 20th century genocide
- Other victim groups of genocide and persecution in the Ottoman empire from 1914-1922, for instance the Greek and Assyrian minorities

http://diis.dk/sw11640.asp

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:14

xristar the bg_turk is known provocator. Don't fall in his trap. Always show geocities web sites in order to support his ultra-nationalistic argyments.Actually this www charactirized the Pontians as terrorists. Do you remind you something this claim ?

The Turkish writer, mer Asan was born in 1961 in Trebizond, an area with strong Islamic traditions and with many Greek speaking inhabitants. It is where an aging community still speaks the Pontian language that is related to Greek. mer Asan, an economist turned writer, is a Greek-speaking Turk who was driven to write Pontos Kultura in 1996. He said, "I began to search for my identity because of the fact that the language my ancestors spoke was not Turkish At school they taught us that we were Turks but at home, in the village, everyone in the family spoke to each other in the language we called 'Romaiika' By asking 'Who am I?' I plunged into the unknown. I had to find the answer I began, in amateur fashion, to collect Pontian words.  I decided to focus my research on Erekioi, my village of Of, [in Trebizond] and to study its living culture as an extant trace of Pontian culture." 

Originally, Asan's book was published by the Belge Publishing House in Turkey where it met its fate by confiscation and condemnation and its author was condemned to imprisonment of possibly between 14 months to 4 years. Asan was accused of being a 'traitor', a 'friend of Greece' and a supporter of those who wanted Orthodox Christianity restored to the chiefly Islamic Pontian region. The good news is Omer Asan was acquitted in September 2003 as a result of the abolition of Article 8 of the Anti-Terror Law. 

His book found a new life when it was published in Greece under its new title, The Civilization of the Pontos. It became one of the most important books sold in Greece. Its new publishers are Kyriakidis Publishers in Thessaloniki.   

mer Asan described the traditions of his people from the north eastern part of Turkey known as Pontos. He vividly described the customs and "forbidden language" spoken only in the homeof traces of an ancient Greek culture that Mustafa Kemal's new "democratic" military government prefers that the world should not know about. By now, Turkey had hoped that when the survivors are no longer with us that future generations would not know Turkey was originally inhabited by Greek, Armenian and Assyrian Christians, who were either massacred or forcibly converted into Muslims. mer Asan comes that background.   

there another two writers but I have to follow the AE rules

http://www.ellopos.net/politics/bravewriters.html

As you see  when a Muslim Pontian talk its  language that called Romeika what are the results!!!!

Edited by akritas
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:15

Originally posted by Spartakus

Plz,stay on topic.Because if you do not,and this topic gets closed,i will promise you ,you will regret entering this site, both Hellens and Turks. 

Spartakus, please relax. Nobody is denying that Pontians have been victims of a grave injustice, and there are many personal stories to be heard. Aya Abakan from the Turkish BBC section has actually collected many stories from the time including that one of this Pontian Greek now settled in Thesaloniki (in GrekoTurkish)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/turkish/iki_kere_yabanci/iki_kere_yaban ci_7.ram

It is indeed a heartbreaking story, but do understand that Muslims have suffered equally horribly at that time, and you do not have to elevate your suffering above that of the others. What happened to the Pontians was not  a Genocide.

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:15

Turkish propaganda again

Do u have anything to contribute about the ethnic cleansing of Pontus ?

Or your sensitivity and compassion for minorities, ends up in Turks?

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:19
Originally posted by akritas

Always show geocities web sites in order to support his ultra-nationalistic argyments.

At least I do not steal images from the Armenians, like some of you do!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>