Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Meskhetian Turks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meskhetian Turks
    Posted: 18-May-2006 at 11:07
This topic has been reopened at the request of a member. I will remind everyone who participates in this thread that discussions about blacklisted topics or its contents are not allowed. Warnings will be given out to future violators of this policy!

Edited by Seko - 18-May-2006 at 11:07
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 11:22

Thank you very much  Seko, I appreciate this.

Could anybody please provide some more info about these people's.

Regards

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 22:32
Originally posted by Bulldog

Thank you very much  Seko, I appreciate this.

Could anybody please provide some more info about these people's.

Regards

I remember that you asked if there are any plans to bring these Turks back to Georgia.  Well here you go:

Georgia to address Meskhetian issue
Sunday, April 23, 2006
FULYA ZERKAN

ANKARA - Turkish Daily News

The Georgian government has launched a process for the return of the Meskhetian Turks, a lesser known group of victimized people who were deported en masse in 1944 by former Soviet ruler Josef Stalin.

It's time to take concrete steps, not to make rhetoric, Giorgi Khaindrava, Georgian state minister for conflict resolution, said last week in Ankara.

The Georgian minister admitted that the process for resettlement of displaced Meskhetian Turks, who are dispersed worldwide, was not an easy one and called on the international community and neighboring Turkey to extend a helping hand in sorting out the matter.

We want these people to regain the rights they lost over history; we'll grant them their rights, he added.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 10:50
Thanks Feramez, how are relations between Georgia and Turkic countries in the region? do you think they'll allow this resettlement?
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 20:40
I think so, I'm not sure about the relations with Georgia and Central Asia, but I know Azerbeycan and Turkey have good relations with them.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 12:40
But what difference will it make it won't be the same anymore right.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 20:04
Do the Ahiska Turks have a flag to represent them selves?
-Ziya Gokalp-
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 13:27
yep
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 21:53

Can you explain the meaning of it, colors, etc?

-Ziya Gokalp-
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 03:39
Not yet but soon I will ask my grandpaBig smile
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 03:42
I found this thow

The flag of the Meskhetian people is a horizontal tricolor of white, red and black, with a vertical green stripe on the hoist, charged with a white crescent moon.
The crescent moon and green color are traditionally associated with Islam; the symbolism of the white/red/black tricolor is unclear.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 11:34
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 22:49
ahiskan turks and meskhets are not the same thing thats the georgian goverments politicsties to empose there werentany tturks inthe region they were  turkish speaking georgian muslims yes they are true there also were turkish speaking georgians which called meshketians (the name of the region) becouse of that if you can refer ahiskan turks rather than meskeths i will appreciate ahiskan turks are oguz some people say they settled in those land with the seljuk rule in the area
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 04:25
I'm a ahiska turk my self my Great grandfather came from a villeage called Hero( I think its spelled like that)

He who wants to denie that the ahiskalilar are turks use the word Meskhetian Muslims and not turks.

I don't know just nice to meet you kardes
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 00:47
i was not reffering reffering that when the soviet goverment decided to resettle crimean turks ,chechens and karachai turks in their homeland ahiskan turks wanted to resettle to but georgian goverment told them that they have to accept they are not turkish they are georgian they need to change their names to georgian names that was the reason i insist on ahiskan turks rather than meskhetians my grandfather came from ahiska in russian turkish war i am the second generation althought iwas not able to talk with my grandfather my father allways told me that we have to be proud of being ahiskan turk becouse we are honest hardworking people whereever they settled ahiskan turks in short term we become the masters of their economy that was the reason of fergana massacre in 1989 it is allways nice to now another ahiskan turk
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 04:04
Originally posted by yalbuzdag

i was not reffering reffering that when the soviet goverment decided to resettle crimean turks ,chechens and karachai turks in their homeland ahiskan turks wanted to resettle to but georgian goverment told them that they have to accept they are not turkish they are georgian they need to change their names to georgian names that was the reason i insist on ahiskan turks rather than meskhetians my grandfather came from ahiska in russian turkish war i am the second generation althought iwas not able to talk with my grandfather my father allways told me that we have to be proud of being ahiskan turk becouse we are honest hardworking people whereever they settled ahiskan turks in short term we become the masters of their economy that was the reason of fergana massacre in 1989 it is allways nice to now another ahiskan turk

ooh my God.Thats almost exacly what My grandfather sais.
Big smile

BTW do you still speak ahiska Turkish

Edited by xi_tujue - 04-Jun-2006 at 04:05
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 01:39
actually no becouse i never had chance to know my grandfathers but its not so different becouse its an oguz dialect of turkish
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 05:00
Yeah I little bit more raw I allways say. I can't speak it so good but It's fun to listen to when my grandfather and his brothers keep talking about the good old days once in a while you hear communist B*st*rds. Then silence.
After a few seconds the conversation continous. But half I don't understand they also use some georgian words I guess because I never heard them inTurkish and I don't think either in azeri
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 23:58
you are lucky i met with ahiskans from turkmenistan and krasnodar they kinda lose their accent to other turkish dialects the name i m using is my last name it is a name of o mountain in ahiska it is called yalbozze in georgian there are some website which are well maintained about our problems so many of our brothers settled in usa now thing look bright for them once i met with a georgian guy he ask me if i m georgian i said no than explained he told me once ahiska produced best grapes in georgia but he said after stalin deport ahiskan turks it never become same  he said earth misses their masters insallah i will visit ahiska one they to see  
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 05:36
From Omran Feili

Dear fellow  Human being : Zia Goekalp a Kurd from Diarbaker Kurdistan,wrote a bout  Turish history based on Persian methology converted it to  Ata Turk test  for  a fee. ;
Turan were this name comes from ?  Other then the  Persian  epic poetry of Shah Nama of Ferdawsee  some thousand years ago, you will never find this name any were else. according to Ferdawsee :
Legend Say the Methical King Feraedoon   Empror of Persia   Had three Sons One Is  Iraj the second Tur and the third is Salim. Tur son of persian Empror Feraedoon is the the father pf Turan .
Now will some one please help me to find Turks in this equation? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>