Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Queen Rania of Jordan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Queen Rania of Jordan
    Posted: 09-Apr-2007 at 05:10
And here we go again. Another Persian supremicist.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2007 at 05:32
Originally posted by sandy_baby

Originally posted by shayan

She looks good and she reminds me of Queen Farah Diba... So i like her :)
omg...Are you out of your freaking mind?LOL

How dare you comparing Empress Farah with Queen Rania? How the hell do they look alike? Stop fooling yourselves, just because Jordan and Iran are in the so called political Middle East does not mean for one second that Queen Rania and Empress Farah look the same. First of all, Rania is an Arab, she speaks Arabic and shares a totally different culture than Iranians, specially during the Pahlavi Dynasty.

Then look at their facial structures Totally different. Clap

Rania could be from any part of Eurasia, including Iran - but I agree, she looks nothing like Farah Diba - she is much prettier.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2007 at 06:04
Originally posted by sandy_baby

Originally posted by shayan

She looks good and she reminds me of Queen Farah Diba... So i like her :)
omg...Are you out of your freaking mind?LOL

How dare you comparing Empress Farah with Queen Rania? How the hell do they look alike? Stop fooling yourselves, just because Jordan and Iran are in the so called political Middle East does not mean for one second that Queen Rania and Empress Farah look the same. First of all, Rania is an Arab, she speaks Arabic and shares a totally different culture than Iranians, specially during the Pahlavi Dynasty.

Then look at their facial structures Totally different. Clap

She is pretty . Btw how does culture related to beauty ? Arab or Iranian, beauty is beauty. Queen Raina reminds me of  Former Shah's daughter, Princess Leila Pahlavi.

http://www.voicesnotbodies.org/leila.jpg

Edited by sirius99 - 09-Apr-2007 at 06:06
Anfører
nomadII View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nomadII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 15:05
Have any of you actually been to Jordan? I think queen rania is more loved out of jordan than in..... and i too think she only married a short fat puppet king, whom most of the country of jordan thinks has down syndrome, and who couldnt even speak arabic when accending the throne. Yes she is pretty, but as a muslim woman she should cover herself a bit more, but that is probably why so many westerners love her because she is a figure of muslim womens freedom to throw the hated veil.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 16:59
Originally posted by nomadII

... but that is probably why so many westerners love her because she is a figure of muslim womens freedom to throw the hated veil.

Nomad, I've never heard it referred to as the "hated veil". However, I certainly feel that it's her choice whether she wants to wear one or not. Quite frankly, I've seen her with a veil and without one and she still is a very beautiful woman either way. You obviously have a problem with women becoming more independent, but I hope you don't judge women so harshly simply because she does not wear a veil. I've always considered her to be well-spoken and she's always very modestly dressed. So, what bug bit you today?
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 20:04

Have any of you actually been to Jordan? I think queen rania is more loved out of jordan than in..... and i too think she only married a short fat puppet king, whom most of the country of jordan thinks has down syndrome, and who couldnt even speak arabic when accending the throne. Yes she is pretty, but as a muslim woman she should cover herself a bit more, but that is probably why so many westerners love her because she is a figure of muslim womens freedom to throw the hated veil.

Why don't we just put a blanket over her and cut out some holes for eyes and mouth? Confused

I think that you should refrain from telling others what to do, she should do exactly as she pleases, not as you feel she should.

Btw. Please do please do find me a sura, even ayat in the Qu'ran that actually specifically calls for women to wear any form of veil.

nomadII View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nomadII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 06:32

I've always considered her to be well-spoken and she's always very modestly dressed

did you notice what she was wearing on the opening photo of this thread!!!!But then thats probably modest in your opinion. And im not telling her what to wear, thats up to her, but as a muslim queen as its so elegantly put, she could do more for the women who wish to wear the headscarf and are constantly attacked for it and considered brain dead or lesser human.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 12:25

I've always considered her to be well-spoken and she's always very modestly dressed

did you notice what she was wearing on the opening photo of this thread!!!!But then thats probably modest in your opinion. And im not telling her what to wear, thats up to her, but as a muslim queen as its so elegantly put, she could do more for the women who wish to wear the headscarf and are constantly attacked for it and considered brain dead or lesser human.

She has no responsibility for those women, she has a responsibility to wear what she thinks is right, and to show that she can be modest in this way as well. At the end of the day she is just a human being, not someone bearing the faith of humanity on her shoulders. Why should she be scrutinized for wearing what she thinks is right?
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 14:47

did you notice what she was wearing on the opening photo of this thread!!!!But then thats probably modest in your opinion.

Yes, I find her to be appropriately attired for one in her position of "Queen".

Ooooh, you mean that her face, neck and arms are visible to the human eye! Well, then let's stone her to death for showing so much!    But then thats probably not severe enough punishment in your opinion.

I don't know what you consider "modestly dressed" (well, unfortunately, maybe I do), but I'm sure most would agree that she looks very appropriate in the photos depicted on this thread, and very well-deserving of the title "Queen".

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12