Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reasons Why God Created Eve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reasons Why God Created Eve
    Posted: 11-May-2006 at 23:30
Reasons God Created Eve:

10. Adam would frequently become lost in the garden because he would not ask for directions.

9. One day Adam would require someone to locate and hand him the remote.

8. Adam would never go out and buy himself a new fig leaf when his wore out and would therefore need Eve to buy one for him.

7. Adam would never be able to make a doctor's, dentist's or haircut appointment by himself.

6. Adam would never remember which night to put the garbage on the curb.

5. If the world was to be populated, men would never be able to handle the pain and discomfort of childbearing.

4. As the Keeper of the Garden, Adam would never remember where he left his tools.

3. Adam needed someone to blame his troubles on when God caught him hiding in the garden.

2. As the Bible says, "It is not good for man to be alone."

1. When God finished the creation of Adam, He stepped back, scratched his head, and said, "I can do better than that."

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2012 at 19:05
LOL
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2012 at 19:14
Clap
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2012 at 00:40
Agree but God made a mistake:He had used same material from "bad" creation,Adam's ribs,for Eve!Smile
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2012 at 19:17
I thought the bible said Adam was the "perfect" creation and Eve was designed to be his inferior
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2012 at 19:55
Originally posted by Nick1986

I thought the bible said Adam was the "perfect" creation and Eve was designed to be his inferior
One interpretation, Nick, is that Eve was the second wife and made to be subservient. So much for the plans of mice and men.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2012 at 05:38
11 Adam would need someone to get him another beer in the commercial break
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Louise C View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Louise C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2012 at 02:05

The Bible says that Eve was created to be Adam's helpmeet, which the Oxford English Dictionary defines as 'suitable helper'.  Adam couldn't manage on his own, he needed a helpmeet.

Only after the Fall is it specifically stated that Adam shall rule over Eve.  I have always thought this story is a 'just so' story, an attempt to explain why things are the way they are.

Louise
 Post Reply Post Reply