Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tajiks in Eastern Turkestan (Xinjiang Uyg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The Charioteer View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tajiks in Eastern Turkestan (Xinjiang Uyg
    Posted: 18-May-2006 at 15:42
barbar is right about Chinese influence been recent.

thanks for providing these beautiful pictures, they are beautiful peoples, both Tajik and Uyghur people.
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote selam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 23:19
Originally posted by Afghanan

Originally posted by Uyghur Oghli

What I'm saying here is that perhaps because of their relative isolation (they live high in the Pamir plateau) than the rest of the Turkic inhabitants of the region, Tajiks here retained most of the physical traits of the original Indo-Euoropeans in the area. If you compare these pictures to those of Tajiks in Tajikstan or in Uzbekstan, you will see clear and distinguishable physical differences. Also, look at their traditional headdress. I don't recall seeing same features in Tajiks at the other side of the Pamir.

Please also note that the pictures in the 2nd post are those of the Uyghurs.

Actually you can find Tajiks in Tajikistan wearing the same kind of headdress.  Also the nomadic Tajiks that occupy Tashkurghan, Badakhshan also wear a similar headdress.  That similar headdress is also worn by fellow Uzbeks, and even the Aimaq Turks in Afghanistan.

There is a fusion, especially in Badakhshan of Afghanistan between Tajiks and Uzbeks.  Sometimes its hard to tell one from the other as their culture is almost identical and most can speak Persian.  The Tajiks of China speak mostly a Turkic language.

Here are some different ethnic garbs from different regions of Afghanistan:

very nice picture ,by the way !!!!
well ,tajik in china doesn't speak turkic language !!!I have many tajik friends ,i never understand a word they are saying !!
those pics of tajiks in china  are rather random !!! they didn't make up or even dress up !!!
please ,we really know what afagnistan looks like!!you don't have to put those pics to beautify your people or your country !!!
regards!!! 
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 00:33
Selam, don't sat Taciks in East Turkistan don't speak Turk languages.  Maybe some or a lot don't but a lot do.  I met a lot of Taciks in Tashkorgan, East Turkistan and all of the ones that I met spoke Uygur.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Perspolis View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Perspolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 06:53
you are wrong, I have a tajik freind from china and she speak persian/tajiki. I can understand what she says completely.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 09:36
Originally posted by Perspolis

you are wrong, I have a tajik freind from china and she speak persian/tajiki. I can understand what she says completely.
well i think then some can speak both uygur and tajik languages and others only tajik.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 17:12
Originally posted by selam

very nice picture ,by the way !!!!
well ,tajik in china doesn't speak turkic language !!!I have many tajik friends ,i never understand a word they are saying !!
those pics of tajiks in china  are rather random !!! they didn't make up or even dress up !!!
please ,we really know what afagnistan looks like!!you don't have to put those pics to beautify your people or your country !!!
regards!!! 

It was meant to show the ethnic costums of Afghan, not some beauty contest.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 19:59
Originally posted by Perspolis

I'm wrong?  You have a Tacik friend, I said "Maybe some or a lot don't but a lot do".  Your friend doesn't represent the whole Tacik population of East Turkistan.  I was in East Turkistan and all the Taciks I met spoke Uygur, they probably spoke Tacik too, but since there are otehr Turk groups in the area they use Uygur to communicate amongst eachother.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 20:12
Originally posted by Feramez

Selam, don't sat Taciks in East Turkistan don't speak Turk languages.  Maybe some or a lot don't but a lot do.  I met a lot of Taciks in Tashkorgan, East Turkistan and all of the ones that I met spoke Uygur.

Tajiks in China

Tajik with a population of 41,028 (2000), is located mainly in China's western Xinjiang region with 60% living in Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County; some researchers view them as a collection of over a dozen small East Iranian ethnic groups that are related to, but distinct from, the Tajiks of Tajikistan.

In China, the Tajik language has no official written form. The great majority of Chinese Tajik speakers (16,000) speak the Sariqul (or Sarikli) dialect and use Uyghur and Chinese to communicate with people of other nationalities in the area. A small proportion of Chinese Tajik speakers (6,000) speak the Wakhi dialect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajiks#Tajiks_in_China
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 08:15

Tajiks are bilingual in Uyghur, as they have to learn all subjects in Uyghur at school. They speak Tajiki with each other, which we can't understand at all.

Either make a history or become a history.
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote selam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 07:38
Originally posted by The Charioteer

Originally posted by Feramez

Tajiks in China

Tajik with a population of 41,028 (2000), is located mainly in China's western Xinjiang region with 60% living in Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County; some researchers view them as a collection of over a dozen small East Iranian ethnic groups that are related to, but distinct from, the Tajiks of Tajikistan.

In China, the Tajik language has no official written form. The great majority of Chinese Tajik speakers (16,000) speak the Sariqul (or Sarik鰈i) dialect and use Uyghur and Chinese to communicate with people of other nationalities in the area. A small proportion of Chinese Tajik speakers (6,000) speak the Wakhi dialect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajiks#Tajiks_in_China

wikipedia ,nowdays it is really hard to believe in wikipdia !!
not some!! all of them can speak perfect  uyghur and much better than I do !!!!
barbar ,you are correct !!! they speak tajik to each other  and we don;t understand them !! !!!

Edited by selam - 25-May-2006 at 07:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12