Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedhugoestr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: hugoestr
    Posted: 08-May-2006 at 18:36
hugoestr
I took my little friend Brittany,who is half Mexican, to see this Imax movie. She does not have a dad so I try and encourage here. She wants to be a doctor and find a cure for some strange disease.  She also wants me to be her dad for father's day, which is an honor!! For me it does not matter what race or ethnic makeup she is so my point is my stand on illegal immigrants was not about race. When I have time to register and get back on the forum we can then have a nice conversation about this and maybe we can learn from each other but for now I am tooooooo busy finishing this program and attempting to make job contacts in Greece. Her other half is Scottish and German so I encourage her to learn about culture and also her own ancestry.
I took her to learn about the glory of Greece.

http://www.spokaneriverfrontpark.com/imax.asp

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 14:50
Nice. That is a really great story.    Let's have the conversation about illegal immigration privately since it is now a moderated topic.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 23:46

It is a topic that I am open to change because it deals with humans and one should care about others. For now I am so overloaded between two papers and tomorrow I am teaching a class of mostly Japanese students. My brain is going to explode- lol!! Also, we must approach it from the realization that we can do little to effect change. I think that lace wt="on">Europelace> should invite workers from the largely Catholic Latin American nations which is a far better choice than allowing the Muslims to flood in for labor shortages. This would alleviate pressure on the U.S. Borders and it would provide opportunity to people of these nations, just an idea. I know from my time in Mexico that most Mexicans are peaceful people and enjoy the spice of life like the Greeks. We can talk later but I plan to be leaving overseas this June for a year of teaching. Paris is a good indication of what is down the road for Europe with the fast growing Muslim populations. We'll hopefully make this a time of enjoyment and not attack time and I know you are good at being civil.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 23:51
Oh, here is that sound track for Greece; the secrets of her past.

http://www.greecefilm.com/soundtrack.htm
None of the Greeks could answer my request so I will be off for a while.

The sounds of this soud track brings tears to my eyes but unless you are Greek you would not understand. Next to America Greece is the only nation I would die defending but not above America.

http://www.greecefilm.com/images/GREECE_CDfront.jpg
so long till I have time to reregister. I could be overseas then- lol !!
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 08:11
Hey!That's great!
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 08:17

Do not overdone it with the Japanese thought.

--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
eaglecaps View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 16:15
Hi Spartakus
I am listening to the sound track for:
Greece the Secrets of Her Past!!
http://cdbaby.com/cd/stevewood

I cannot find work teaching English in Greece, frustrating but I have offers for some other countries, so much for learning Greek I suppose.

Hugoestr - tomorrow is the World Fair at Eastern Washington University so I, if I can find the time, want to take Brittany to the World Fair of have her grandparents meet me there. I want her to be exposed to various cultures since it is a good thing. We are often to American centered.
Off to the gym- later!!!

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 16:21
It's too big to download it right now,and my computer is really too slow.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 21:52
Spartakus I found a great source by Sperso Vryonis Jr titled:
Byzantium; its internal history and relations with the Muslim World.
I wonder if Byzantine Emperor is still on this forum???
Better head home!!! Instead of taking the Park N' Ride bus I drove out to the university in Cheney but the drive back to Spokane is mostly through beautiful forests  of pine and there are some nice lakes on the way, if I take the back road. I like the way the image just pops on.

strategos View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 01:03
eagle my friend, I too must have left this forum. Is there another forum where I can reach you at that you still visit?
 Post Reply Post Reply