Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Undecided about some historical information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
berberitta View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote berberitta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Undecided about some historical information
    Posted: 06-May-2006 at 16:02
Hi everyone. I am new here. I don't know if this goes here but I really need help. I am about to start writing a historical novel and I am a bit undecided about some things which I hope you'll be able to help me with. First, since the story is going to be based in Europe, I was wondering whether it would be better to use France or Italy as a setting since they are rich in historical events especially during the Romanticism or Enlightenment eras. Since I will need to have early feminist movements when women were still denied many of their rights in my story, I was wondering which era would be more suitable. Third, I need a preview of the social life and individuals' roles as well as women's during the period which will be the best for the story. I know these are very big questions, but I would like to know your opinions. If you think you won't be able to help me please suggest a website which might include such information that would be useful to me. I have searched for such a long time but I couldn't find this information. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply