Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Proposition!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proposition!
    Posted: 02-May-2006 at 15:34
could a moderator please sticky this?

To all those wondering the South Asia Forums i suggest we make our presence more felt on Allempires. On the main page we will find no link to South Asia History, but links to many other parts of the world. This is probably because as of now the South Asia Secion only has two articles.

We, as South Asians, claim one of the oldest histories in the world, so it is pittiful to only have two articles.

This is why, i propose we start writting articles for the section, perhaps by state? or time period? or even random subjects we have an expertise on.

South Asian forumers have been known for copy-paste jobs, so lets leave the plagerism this time.

Whats your thoughts on this?

My arcticles on Gujarati history are coming up shortly as soon as i can find time to fit it around my work commitments.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 17:45
Yeah, we would love to have articles from you all in the magazine
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 15:18
update: my article is being write, but progress is slow (a level exams starting next week)

it will be done at one point
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 07:01
I think this is a brillent idea, and I would love to write an article too assuming I had anytime to do it between university
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2006 at 14:44
Just as an update, i've done about 2/3's of the article i'm posting. I know its taken long but A-Levels come first. There may actaully be frenzy of articles next week but i'll post them in here first to allow people the chance to argue

Edited by Anujkhamar - 23-Jun-2006 at 14:45
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2006 at 00:02
It would be great to see more South Asian (and Southeast Asian too) representation here! Given the length and importance of South Asian history, it's both such a shame and intriguing that it's been so underrepresented here.
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2006 at 14:25
Smile
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Jamukha View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Jamukha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 21:58
Yes i think having more south asian content is a wonderful idea
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 00:37
I'm not South Asian, but I am very facinated in South Asain history, religion, geography and even politics. I will do my best to contribute to this board. Btw, I think this is a great idea, Anuj.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 00:51
I am currently writing an article on the Kargil conflict. I will post it when I am done.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 04:50
Hmmh. Post it here?

It wouldn't quite fit now into the Mag probably but then we have to redirect Imperator here for him to upload them. Paul is another variant.

If you agree, that is.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 21:55
Links to articles we may wish to look at in the future:

http://allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14178&PID=260574#260574
http://allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13788
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 15:00
It's South Asia and SE Asia.. too bad not so many participation from SE Asia part.. Ermm
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 17:57
Start it then Cahaya. Some one has to. Think, a malaysian person comes here seeing no SE Asian posts and then posts none so then the next person doesnt see any either.

The mods are trying to work out what to do with SE Asia at the moment.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 18:30
A good suggestion, if u start one good thread then it is likely to show up on some web searches. It could possibly attract people from that region when doing keyword searches through web search engines.

I would love to know more about that region.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 08:30
I believe i had tried.. quiet a numbers.. well.. not as much as others did but i have tried my very best.. the problem is.. there's so few SE Asian members.. and so less participation and interests from other members who are from other regions to take parts in the discussions.. except the SE Asian recipes topics in AE Tavern.. lol...
Anyhow i'll try.. need someone to help too...hehehe...
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 09:14
cahaya, I agree with Anuj, you should start. Whatever you decide to do, you have my support! Plus, I would also like to know more about that region. Thumbs Up
indiafinest.com View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote indiafinest.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 08:56
I can manage to write a good article on uttarancghal, though i am not from that part of india, But one of friend is seriously keen to tell me everything about that wonderful part of India. Maybe i will have luck to go mussourie in weekend. I will paste some photographs too.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 06:34
Maybe we could delegate specific tasks to specific individuals. Let somebody become the delegator
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 09:13
Not enough people to do that. It's simple enough that pick something you want, when you have time to write it and add it. Post it here, then post it on the main site through a link (www.allempires.com)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>