Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Iranian Military???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erdene View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Erdene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Iranian Military???
    Posted: 01-May-2006 at 20:53
The Iranian Army...How good or how well equiped are they??? Do they mainly use Soviet tanks like the T-55,T-72 or T-80??? What about their Airforce and Army???  The average Iranian soldier???  I have read topics here where peolpe are talking about the likelihood of a conflict with Iran...so just want to know how much of a threat are the Iranian Armed Forces and how capable they are?????
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 23:47

airforce sucks. navy is just below aver for a developing country (my POV), army is strong, missile program is strong.

what iran lacks is western technology, that is the problem.  iran mainly uses technology it has developed on its own or reversed engineered and mass produced US technology for the 70's and newer soviet and russian technology.

but non of it matters because in the even of a war with the US, it will all be worthless compared to what the USA has.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 07:22
Iranian41ife covered it. Capabilities is a general word.

They can defend Iran from invasion, probaly not from bombing. Annoy the USN and USAF and basically make life hard in the gulf but deadly in Iran.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 09:14
If you go to google video or youtube or whatever it is and type iran military you will see available footage of Iranian defence systems.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 22:20

The Iranian armed forces are capable of scaring neighbours, nothing more. Those Youtube videos have fancy music, and army personnnel jumping out of helicopters etc. They would get wrecked by a determined America, but Americans dont have the heart to go into Iran, for what reason Israel, not their problem. just like Nam.

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 12:06
Well I very much agree with Iranian4life. The only thing Iran has better than US is the man power (the ground forces), their moral is extreamly high and they can serve their lives for just a call from the leader. They are very much patriot and I really don't think invading Iran is a good idea for US. But we can't forget the USAF as well, if they operate at there best then I don't think it would be that difficult for US to invade Iran, but by invading it doesn't mean controling and there would be another Iraq for the US arms.

Edited by Gharanai - 22-May-2006 at 12:07

kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 16:47
I think the U.S. cant invade Iran because of the high number of casualties they would recieve.
 Post Reply Post Reply