Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPersia & Islam, questions plz?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Persia & Islam, questions plz?
    Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 19:18

Persia before Islam; I read on wiki about that.. but  the info. is not so good, and actually there wasn't enough info.?

I was wondering what was the system like, rights and rules, and so on?

I mean many Persians seem to believe it was the golden era for Persia, why?!

could you please give me some info. or source to read about that....

merci

Edited by 1001nights
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 20:08

I will try and explain the best way I can.

Firstly, I would like to explain that Iran after Islam was also prosporous and strong.  For example, the Safavids were one of the best dynasties of Iran.  However, after the Islamic invasions, Iran was severely weakened, and even though it had gotten its independence from the Arabs, the new Iranian dynasties were to weak to hold off the Turks.  And the Qajars were one of Iran's weakest dynasties in all of its history. So when Iranians compare their pre-Islamic history to their Islamic history, most of the successes and strong dynasties came before Islam.

But no doubt, the best Iranian dynasty was the Sassanid dynasty.

Iran under the Sassanid Empire flourished.  Iran became the richest empire in the world through the silk road (yes, even richer than Rome), the best university in the world at that time was built in Iran, religious tolerance was accepted, the Iranian military was unmatched, with the exception of the Romans, and some of Irans most stunning victories came during this time.

The Sassanids today represent what most Iranians want. The Sassanids represent an Iranian dynasty for the people, not for religion. The Sassanids represent Irans revenge against its enemies. The Sassanids represent richness and strength.  The Sassanids represented nationalism, patriotism, and love for the nation.

The Sassanids created many public works, such as damns, roads, etc... some of which survives and still works to this day.

Before the Sassanids there was another great dynasty, the Parthians.  However not much is known about them. They were certainly strong, and Iran under them was rich.  Iran however, was also under hellenistic influence during the Parthian Era due to the previous Greek dynasty.

and before the Parthians there were the Achaemenids. Since the Achaemenids are the most known of all the Iranian dynasties, I dont have much more to add on them. A simple search about them will yeild a lot of information.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 20:22
once Mila asked same question:

@Mila: if I want answer & write my all opinions.
The topic direction will be changed to Arbia desert, Nationalism war, & at last smoe people will be banned
in essence,
for us it was 95% disadvantages maybe 5% advantages.
Check the Iran history, you'll find you answer.
We were one of the Most powerful, Advanced civlization on the ancient day beside Chinese & Romans.
attacked by some Desert nomads.
Mohammad said worship one god.
But we were worshiping one god
at least since 1200years before him.
Mohammad said don't lie, steal, rape.
But we didn't do that at least since 1200years before him.

search for women workers in Persepolis.
They had dayoff for childbirth, more salary than men & so there were some female foreman.
after 1000 years Mohammad understand & said don't grave your girl!!!!

At Sassanid empire men after marrage hadn't right to marry other woman.
But Mohammad's custom, 4 wives!!
Cyrus the Great declared every one is free to choose own religion.
But 1200 years later, Arabs said us convert or get money or left your lands!!
& Quran have funny words of "LA Ekrah fe aldin= Religion isn't Compulsory"
if you dare to Encounter swords
&&&
Mila, do you find your answer??

It wasn't Offensive to ANYONE just answer to Mila,
PLEASE don't change topic way.

Edited by Land of Aryan
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 04:29

nice article Iranian41ife

i noticed that many iranians who want strong rich iran who see the Sassanids era as the ideal peiod  tend to think of everything related to that era as perfect, the shahs the religion and everything, i also think that they dont know many things about it too.

i think a good strong rich iran can be achieved without looking back, but looking forward.

-----

land of aryan,

iran was ruled by NON arab for the last 1000 years,  so 1000 years isnt enough time for them to know that Islam isnt good and Zoroasterianisim is the Best?

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 05:17
Originally posted by Iranian41ife

Iran under the Sassanid Empire.... religious tolerance was accepted

The Sassanids today represent what most Iranians want. The Sassanids represent an Iranian dynasty for the people, not for religion. The Sassanids represent Irans revenge against its enemies. The Sassanids represent richness and strength.  The Sassanids represented nationalism, patriotism, and love for the nation.

I think Sassanids were the most intolerant dynasty of Iran! the country simply was ruled by Zoroastrian monks. The empire was based on RELIGION!
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Mullah Ganstar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 06:13
Originally posted by azimuth

nice article Iranian41ife

i noticed that many iranians who want strong rich iran who see the Sassanids era as the ideal peiod  tend to think of everything related to that era as perfect, the shahs the religion and everything, i also think that they dont know many things about it too.

i think a good strong rich iran can be achieved without looking back, but looking forward.

-----

land of aryan,

iran was ruled by NON arab for the last 1000 years,  so 1000 years isnt enough time for them to know that Islam isnt good and Zoroasterianisim is the Best?

No persians have to look backward and they have to renew with their true identity.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 06:15

and whats their "true identity"?

Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 06:22
An identity without Islam...and only based on our pre islamic past. no matter to be Atheist , agnostic or zoroatrian... but persians have to reconize their aryan past, and forget islam.
Super Goat (^_^) View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 19:27
no matter to be Atheist , agnostic or zoroatrian... but persians have to reconize their aryan past, and forget islam.

Why all those belief systems and not Islam? I thought you said Islam was a zoroastarian concept anyways. Confused
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 22:06
Originally posted by ramin

Originally posted by Iranian41ife

Iran under the Sassanid Empire.... religious tolerance was accepted

I think Sassanids were the most intolerant dynasty of Iran! the country simply was ruled by Zoroastrian monks. The empire was based on RELIGION!

no, there was only one shah of iran that was religiously intolerant, and that was khosru Parvez. and he initially was against christianity because his enemy, byzantium, was christian. but after he defeated the byzantines and married a christian wife, he again restored religious freedom in iran.

the sassanid empire was a religious tolerant country for most of its history.

Edited by Iranian41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 00:30
Originally posted by azimuth

Well said

If you ask me better no religions at all. But lets people choose theirself.

Perspolis View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 01:11
religion is good when it is not related to politics. politic is nasty and makes religion dirty. specially those  people who use religion to rule people make their views of religion. BTW I don't support any religion and I simply beleive in god. every should be free in selecting religion or not, but we should keep religion far from politic.
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 14:44

Azimuth and Maziar:

Why and what Iran should look forward? To enter in the globalisation? to be such as USA or england? or such UAE?

You dreaming or what? once Iran free . he will creat a new way of life based pre islamic values. Persians will creat their own economic and politic and social policy and system. Iran, israel and india will change the world mind. Iran have to be gover by Parsis. by true iranian.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 14:59
Originally posted by Mullah Ganstar

Azimuth and Maziar:

Why and what Iran should look forward? To enter in the globalisation? to be such as USA or england? or such UAE?

You dreaming or what? once Iran free . he will creat a new way of life based pre islamic values. Persians will creat their own economic and politic and social policy and system. Iran, israel and india will change the world mind. Iran have to be gover by Parsis. by true iranian.

disgusting

Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 15:04

what disgustin?

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 15:19
@Mullah Ganster, you mentioned somewhere Islam would bring back Iran 1400 of years backward, ok, i agree. But you want to bring Iran backward to more than 3000 of years, this is disguesting
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 15:19
you really should get expelled....
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 17:52

Originally posted by Maziar

@Mullah Ganster, you mentioned somewhere Islam would bring back Iran 1400 of years backward, ok, i agree. But you want to bring Iran backward to more than 3000 of years, this is disguesting

do you khnow why iranians are posting in this forum? poor Maziar you are really confused and superficial. if we post here it is because our identity is not reconized and hugely hiden. i m not telling you to see backward concerning technology, material.. but concerning philosophy, history,culture and mind. u have been arabized and westernized. stop posting, you have nothing to say in this forum. 

this is not because you speak farsi that means you are iranian. yes you right keep listening your friend azimuth.

Never never forget who you are.   

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 17:59

lol, mullah ganstar you are new here, you dont even know the kind of person maziar is. he isnt arabised and he is just as iranian as you or me.

you want iran to be a persian dictatorship, that is why i said your post was disgusting.

Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 18:07
yes i want iran to be govern by zoroastrian, and yes i m a persian extremist.   I think you should both stop posting because you really confused. Iranian4life you seem having 18 years old am i right? be arfahe  khale aryan goosh kon, bad nemige, pfff you baby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>